Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

That looks great, really lifts the interior alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Looks good. Is that one of those AvinUSA type headunits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I ordered it direct from China as I have seen lot of dogy videos on the build quality with avin usa.

It's the newer 2gb/32gb version works really smooth.

Vide quality not the greatest and there is a protective film on screen but you get a good idea how they work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

That completely Transfroms the interior of that car. Fair play

What would really finish it off is to clean off all the fingerprint marks! :-)

Harcrid wrote: »
    What would really finish it off is to clean off all the fingerprint marks! :-)

It still has the factory film over it. I've ordered screen protectors for it.

I mean around the climate controls. :-) Mines the same though, hard to keep it clean.

Harcrid wrote: »
    I mean around the climate controls. :-) Mines the same though, hard to keep it clean.

That bloody yoke cant be kept clean even more so when you have a kid that climbs in and out of car anytime you doing something with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

jayo26 wrote: »
    That bloody yoke cant be kept clean even more so when you have a kid that climbs in and out of car anytime you doing something with it.

You let your kids in your car??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Jayo that's some job! I was thinking of doing the same in my F30 but I always thought it would be prohibitively expensive :(

Jayo that's some job! I was thinking of doing the same in my F30 but I always thought it would be prohibitively expensive :(

No mate it's nearly the same setup for the f30 mate your replacing the sticky up screen but the hardware and internals are all the same.

The way I seen it is as long as the screen was good quality then it's a no brainer because I couldn't upgrade to a bmw wide screen for anything less then 800 euro and with this in getting android and and navigation and reverse camera all in one.

The screen itself feels really solid like a Samsung tablet quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

No mate it's nearly the same setup for the f30 mate your replacing the sticky up screen but the hardware and internals are all the same.

The way I seen it is as long as the screen was good quality then it's a no brainer because I couldn't upgrade to a bmw wide screen for anything less then 800 euro and with this in getting android and and navigation and reverse camera all in one.

How much for everything do you mind me asking as I looked at a few with the small screen and it was a deal breaker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Brilliant job on your BMW with new screen and reverse camera.

I am trying to source android system for my C class 2015 model but no luck. Want something where I could mirror the phone screen. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Does the new screen need coding?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭lassykk

6 years ago I got this and got it fully resprayed Aegean blue when I bought it. Think it's stood the test of time well!

Pics straight after the work was done here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80781617&postcount=13

I know this wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea!

455029.jpg

455030.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

first ever brand new car. came from an 11 520d to this, A6 black edition. loving it so far

20180704_090123_zps9corowlb.jpg

Truckermal wrote: »
    How much for everything do you mind me asking as I looked at a few with the small screen and it was a deal breaker!

All in it cost me 460 euro after paying import tax and to be honest that's a bargain compare to the bmw equivalent.
    Does the new screen need coding?

No coding needed whatsoever just two fibre wires need to be plugged into the new plug it's really easy to install.

Brilliant job on your BMW with new screen and reverse camera.

I am trying to source android system for my C class 2015 model but no luck. Want something where I could mirror the phone screen. Any ideas?

Does yours have the screen on the dash as if it's just stuck on above the airvents?

• Advertisement

Yes, please see this pic.

20170902_163719.jpg
    Does yours have the screen on the dash as if it's just stuck on above the airvents?

A6 black looks brilliant. Share some interior pics also, enjoy :)

Yes, please see this pic.

20170902_163719.jpg

I'll pm you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I'll pm you

Any chance you'd PM me too? Same model, same year. Had thought it wasn't possible.

Any chance you'd PM me too? Same model, same year. Had thought it wasn't possible.

Hi mate I'm not fully up to speed on the mercs but here is a quick search for the w204 and w205

Ouchangbo 10.25 inch Android 6.0 car audio player radio for Benz C Class W204 2011-2014 with gps bluetooth 8 core
    http://s.aliexpress.com/Bz6FBNNz?fromSns=Copy to clipboard

Ouchangbo 8 core Android 6.0 auto radio gps navigation for Benz GLC GLA CLS CLA A C Class 2016-2017 with 1080P video 10.25 inch
    http://s.aliexpress.com/aeEVJBf6?fromSns=Copy to clipboard

I don't know anything about the seller but 95% positive feedback is good for all express.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Last proper wash for a while, Damn you hose ban :p

36705003_10211903449245989_6400959863408558080_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=01d58ab40582f0e932830bfa7ba5523a&oe=5BE50471

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

bought a 2016 Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.8T (Ice Silver, with black roof) in the past week, liking it so far, very refined power, coming from a mk2 Focus ST and R56 Cooper S

2aklrbt.jpg

A6 black looks brilliant. Share some interior pics also, enjoy :)

thanks...a few more
    20180706_083612_zpseisncyyc.jpg

20180704_090116_zpsdka2lbgh.jpg

20180706_083546_zpsbe3undhk.jpg

20180706_083538_zpsdxifpxip.jpg

20180706_083601_zpshbqe1lxm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I saw the gear stick, and it made me sad its not an Auto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I saw the gear stick, and it made me sad its not an Auto.

Was just about to post the same thing!

yeah previous was an auto, had limited choice here as hardly any units left, was the stick or nothing

• Advertisement

I suppose the chap bought what he fancied :)
    I spent a week in an Octavia VRS diesel that was DSG equipped recently and in 2016 spend a week in the small Audi (A1 maybe) that had a 7 speed DSG, great yokes but I can still see the certain appeal of a manual tbh even in larger cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

BArra wrote: »
    bought a 2016 Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.8T (Ice Silver, with black roof) in the past week, liking it so far, very refined power, coming from a mk2 Focus ST and R56 Cooper S

Another Ibiza Cupra brother on boards! I am not alone!
    I know 100% somehwere in industrial park where misses works there is a red cupra too. Met it few times when going to pick her up. We mever traveled same direction though. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

Another Ibiza Cupra brother on boards! I am not alone!
    I know 100% somehwere in industrial park where misses works there is a red cupra too. Met it few times when going to pick her up. We mever traveled same direction though. :(

Been looking for a while, they don't come up too often!

Lovely A6 mossym.

I am sure you will be enjoying the latest technology features in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, I picked my one brand new. There was only one for sale back then, but it was the 1.4 version for almost 15k.
    1.8 version is way better and even standard ones come with touch screen unit and manual. I might be optimistic here, but I think these versions will keep value a bit better.

I love it, very fun to drive. Light and has a good chunk of power. Very nimble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

The OH has one, she'll be selling it next year when her PCP ends :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Tuco88

mossym wrote: »
    yeah previous was an auto, had limited choice here as hardly any units left, was the stick or nothing

Stunning car love the interior. I have a A4 Quattro thats a manual very happy, you made the right choice. The automatic boxs tend to give trouble, if you have a look at the audisport.net you will see a few treads on the topic and poor mpg.

Best of luck Sir.

It's just a personal opinion, but I like Merc interior way more than Audi or BMW. The Boeing adapted air vents, free space in mid console (auto gear lever attached to steering side), light coloured interior.
    Again it's a personal preference.
    Tuco88 wrote: »
    Stunning car love the interior. I have a A4 Quattro thats a manual very happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

mossym wrote: »

Have a 172 black black edition. Think it's a really great car. By far the best I've had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

Lovely A6 mossym, well wear. I drive a 161 A6 SLine, love the car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Guess who's back? Back again...

455181.jpg

455178.jpg

455180.jpg

And made a slight change to the centre console.

455182.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

bear1 wrote: »
    Guess who's back? Back again...

[...]

It took a while... :cool:

joujoujou wrote: »
    It took a while... :cool:

It took 3 months to get that car back.
    I tell ya going from a 1.3 corolla rental with 90 odd horsepower to that with almost 3 times the power of the corolla was a bit of a shocker :)
    The number plate is still destroyed and I've no plate holder but cause of the way it is here I'd need to take a day off to get the plate remade.
    I'm kinda tempted to leave it off... looks much better.

Unregistered Users

Italian size plate would be OK, I'd say. :D

joujoujou wrote: »
    Italian size plate would be OK, I'd say. :D

Is it legal here? Cause I thought about it..

Unregistered Users

No, unfortunately, it's not. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

uE4bEqp.jpg

Wait, wait....put away the pitchforks!! :p

SWDcX9B.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Posted this car plenty of times before but it's 7 Years to the day since we picked her up. Treated it to a spruce up. Hasn't missed a beat yet. Still going strong at 10 years old. NCT tomorrow, we'll see how that goes :rolleyes:

Mondeo20181.png

Mondeo20182.png

Mondeo20183.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

SN65xP7.jpg

The much hated VAG diesel out for some sun....

Really happy with it. Auto, BOSE sound, heated leather etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I think they are a great looking car, for their era anyway.

Big investment in necessary maintenance last month and this month it's due tax, insurance, NCT and an oil change. If that all goes fairly smoothly I'll be pretty pleased.

Was driving it today and admiring how there's not a rattle or a knock from the chassis or the interior and it sits at 130km/h as comfortably as something far more modern.

Have been keeping it clean with the dry weather.

20180714_213122.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement