Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Non-res, yep. :)

OSI wrote: »
    Looking well dar! I really like the CHs, they've looked good on every generation of GTI.

But bet you don't have fold out snack tables for the rear passengers!

weeps into coffee

CH-R's! excuse you. :P

I only have a ski hatch with cup holders... But that's ok, there's no snacking allowed in it anyway! :pac:

It also took about 3 hours to wash it due to no hosepipe, so I felt compelled to take some pictures, haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

dar83 wrote: »
    Non-res, yep. :)

Lovely set up. Wheels are ace too. I've been offered a genuine GTi exhaust and valance for my GT ahem D. Tempted to get them as they are cheap but not sure if it will look right, and I quite like the stock exhaust.

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Lovely set up. Wheels are ace too. I've been offered a genuine GTi exhaust and valance for my GT ahem D. Tempted to get them as they are cheap but not sure if it will look right, and I quite like the stock exhaust.

They're probably nearly a straight swap for the GTD. Think the GTD pipe diameter is a bit smaller, so you might just need a step-down clamp, but the catback on the GTI is only connected by a sleeve, which is handy, so it slides right off. If they're cheap enough, I'd go for it and it could be a really easy swap. See if you like it and if not, put it back to the way it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I'm told it's a straight swap, the guy that has them fitted a clubsport exhaust to his GTi, they would be easily saleable again too i imagine, but I don't want it to look like a tarted up 1.6 either!

I think it depends on what other visual cues you start to tie in with the GTI as to whether it begins to look like a poser/imposter. :D

The exhaust being a big one, but the wheels and badges will still be there, so unless you're planning on changing them, I'd say you'll be alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

BB0_EBE2_C-_E85_D-4350-_B250-_CDE632_EA8489.jpg

Some gob****e threw slices of bread on my car today, they stuck to the glass and paint and baked themselves on - so had to wash the car this evening. Was overdue one anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Why would someone throw slices of bread on a car?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Shpud2 wrote: »

Because they've nothing better to do with their lives other than try make everyone else as miserable as themselves :(

• Advertisement

Shpud2 wrote: »
    It’s happened me before, never had them stick onto the car though there’s houses over the wall from where I work. They like to feed the birds with full loaves of bread. Fella got gone off chicken fillets on his windscreen once.. you can’t do anything with these sort of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I one saw a full sausage in batter shoved down on a car aerial, couldn't but laugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Just the local inbreads... ba dum tish...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Rented this for my trip in Ireland.

I'll be sorry to give it back on monday :pac:

457941.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭davemc180

Washed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

38975552_2027514003949517_748732401647091712_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=d8558765c0bc53d22d2e919d44b38dd9&oe=5C0D3BCF
    39015466_2027514107282840_4355036270515191808_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=6bd6c17f2aa8a60b1136644205a796e3&oe=5C08050B
    39012977_2027514203949497_3217812433288560640_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=54970d3a53a833bcc79e607998d3ab0c&oe=5BFEC3D4
    39012525_2027514267282824_15525812853800960_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=2284015f512f6a2a099774bd98b1e459&oe=5BFAD90F
    39012934_2027514360616148_4161281482519740416_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=3c372ca4659f0e064af871828fe0d086&oe=5C09DBD7

1200e of facelifted blandness, good on diesel though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Hebegeebee

tcawley29 wrote: »
    Rented this for my trip in Ireland.

I'll be sorry to give it back on monday :pac:

Looks like Lough Talt, Sligo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Hebegeebee wrote: »
    Looks like Lough Talt, Sligo?

Bingo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

20180813_113204.jpg

20180813_123232.jpg

Bloody fuming little dirtbags whoever they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

tqOPD8d.jpg

tJBqS08.jpg

Friday at Fundracer, Sunday at the Irish Motor Festival. Great weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Is that a shoe print on the bonnet? Little ****ers need to be slapped silly and then tarred and feathered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Think it's damage from the egg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

vintagevrs wrote: »

That's what I thought it was too

Yeah it's damage from shell of the egg. If my car was actually broken into I wouldn't be as mad but fact that someone with nothing better to do just go around doing damage for the kick out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

A rare clean pic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yeah it's damage from shell of the egg. If my car was actually broken into I wouldn't be as mad but fact that someone with nothing better to do just go around doing damage for the kick out of it.

Some compound and a machine polish after a decontamination it should fix it.

Some compound and a machine polish after a decontamination it should fix it.

Think it will need some touching up mate it is gone through the paint to the primer below.

vintagevrs wrote: »

I’ve that kind of mark on my passenger door since before I bought it. Couldn’t figure it out for ages

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I’ve that kind of mark on my passenger door since before I bought it. Couldn’t figure it out for ages

Yeah easiest way of explaining is it's like a shotgun the way it spreads on impact and just digs in. Happened me about 10 year ago when I was driving some **** threw an egg at bonnet of car it destroyed it and then spread up all over windscreen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

There's one on the Mondeo and the old focus had a few too. It's like ripples coming in a circle shape. Mental how an egg can cause so much damage.

I wonder is it due to the acidity or cause if left long enough under the sun it's basically burns it in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

It's been a while! Picked up this mint vitz RS yesterday. A rare car and so so good to drive, surprisingly fast and really handles well. Buckets of fun!

Sorry about the poor pic quality, will snap some decent ones once she's cleaned up.

OG7zmzj.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    It's been a while! Picked up this mint vitz RS yesterday. A rare car and so so good to drive, surprisingly fast and really handles well. Buckets of fun!

Sorry about the poor pic quality, will snap some decent ones once she's cleaned up.

What a cracker of a car. What engine is in it? I always had a soft spot for Corolla T-Sports.

Those are 1.8s aren't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Either 1.3 or 1.5 afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

JDM Vitz was 1.5 vvti at about 110bhp

Yaris TS was a 1.8 with about 130bhp

If I'm correct, so its a 1.5.

rizzodun wrote: »
    JDM Vitz was 1.5 vvti at about 110bhp

Yaris TS was a 1.8 with about 130bhp

If I'm correct, so its a 1.5.

So google tells me I'm right, from 2007 up.

2001 was 1.5 for both versions.

m-i-m-m will surely prove me....wrong... Lmao.

Where's toyotafanboy when you need him?

1.5 i remember seen if for sale looked clean was looking for a similar car for sister in law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭selectamatic

It's the mk2 yaris ts that came with a 1.8 140bhp engine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's the mk2 yaris ts that came with a 1.8 140bhp engine

You would think they would fit the VVTL-i 192bhp engine in there with upgraded parts(brakes, suspension etc..) and stiffer chassis, anti roll bars... and make a proper car out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

You would think they would fit the VVTL-i 192bhp engine in there with upgraded parts(brakes, suspension etc..) and stiffer chassis, anti roll bars... and make a proper car out of it.

Probably didn't want to harm sales on the Corolla with the 2ZZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

rizzodun wrote: »
    So google tells me I'm right, from 2007 up.

2001 was 1.5 for both versions.

m-i-m-m will surely prove me....wrong... Lmao.

Where's toyotafanboy when you need him?

Didn't want to steal his thunder. It's a lovely looking car in that grey.

I had a white 3dr one 6 or 7 years ago, loved it.

They are a 1.5 110bhp.

We could solve all of this with a simple reg check :D

bear1 wrote: »
    We could solve all of this with a simple reg check :D

Yup, but there was a question about whether there was a selection of engines too. Anywho's probably dragged the chat out enough!

Its a 1.5! 110bhp.

Honestly the most fun car I have ever owned, so chuck-able. So light that despite the lack of power it is very nippy, lots of low down torque for an na.

I can't stop driving it :D

I threw some slightly wider wheels from an mr2 on it today.
    This car is so much fun.

DKTgW4W.jpg

WeRinxB.jpg

ATDHEeO.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

Small and light is what is missing from most modern fast cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

I have a horn for that yaris.

Its either the mancave pic or the lowlight garage pic or just the bodywork.

But a horn it is.

I have a horn for that yaris.

I would recommend one if you can find one, I'm blown away by how fun it is. My friend has a m5 that I borrowed for a few weeks , insane fast, v10 etc.... and undoubtedly an amazing car, but honestly I get more joy out of the Vitz! Just so much character.

Is the insurance loaded because it's an import?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

On those vitz rs. There was a mint one on adverts about a year ago for peanuts. I was gonna pull the trigger on it because I was CONVINCED it was the 192bhp. When I found out the actual power I was disappointed, I mean, why?

On those vitz rs. There was a mint one on adverts about a year ago for peanuts. I was gonna pull the trigger on it because I was CONVINCED it was the 192bhp. When I found out the actual power I was disappointed, I mean, why?

is it the 189 bhp 2ZZ with VVTL-I you are talking about?

As for why? The 1.5 still has great power to weight in ratio and offers a fun car for people on a budget. For people who wanted more they offered the Corolla or Celica with the 2ZZ.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement