Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Yeah mine has the LED rears from MY 2016 onwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Picture quality aint the best but the only photo I have of my gtv on the ring
    utfekki.png

This was two days later in berlin...wheres that bad parking thread
    Hazard lights on so its perfectly fine :pac:
    6G0uBzS.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

....and to think it started out life in your hands as a €300 GTV.

Those are brilliant photos. It's the essence of why we are petrolheads, a car that was financially fit for the bin was given a new lease of life and is fit to drive 3000 miles around Europe with no problems.

What a brilliant brilliant little car. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Isn't that Gavs ex car? Regular on the AO forum?
    Remember he was in love with it if it's the one I'm thinking of.
    Was some workhorse.
    Now... what did she max out at? ;)

bear1 wrote: »
    Isn't that Gavs ex car? Regular on the AO forum?
    Remember he was in love with it if it's the one I'm thinking of.
    Was some workhorse.
    Now... what did she max out at? ;)

Indeed it is. Gearbox went, he was getting married and if it wasn't sold, it was being turned into beancans.

Got a gearbox from a poster up in Ballycastle in return for some cans of Guinness. Dgt fitted it for me and did some other bits and bobs (timing belt, clutch etc) and I've drove it every day since. Started driving it when I finished my degree two years ago in May and have put 33000 miles onto it since. Has never let me down and there's currently 176500 miles on the clock. My gtv is actually called gav by the way, because although he's firmly mine, I can't forget who used to own him either and babied it mechanically

As for the maxing it out I didn't. The green hell took it's toll on him and a track rod end and a wheel bearing started to go (being a twin spark, I was having visions of his big ends letting go at the top of hoheacht so I'm quite happy only a track road and a bearing are going). While it was only mildly noticeable at 120 km/h, travelling at 110 mph and you noticed it big time and just wasn't fun

I'm actually thinking of heading back again next year on something similar. Really want to drive the Swiss passes and the Alpenstrasse

Indeed it is. Gearbox went, he was getting married and if it wasn't sold, it was being turned into beancans.

Got a gearbox from a poster up in Ballycastle in return for some cans of Guinness. Dgt fitted it for me and did some other bits and bobs (timing belt, clutch etc) and I've drove it every day since. Started driving it when I finished my degree two years ago in May and have put 33000 miles onto it since. Has never let me down and there's currently 176500 miles on the clock. My gtv is actually called gav by the way, because although he's firmly mine, I can't forget who used to own him either and babied it mechanically

As for the maxing it out I didn't. The green hell took it's toll on him and a track rod end and a wheel bearing started to go (being a twin spark, I was having visions of his big ends letting go at the top of hoheacht so I'm quite happy only a track road and a bearing are going). While it was only mildly noticeable at 120 km/h, travelling at 110 mph and you noticed it big time and just wasn't fun

I'm actually thinking of heading back again next year on something similar. Really want to drive the Swiss passes and the Alpenstrasse

I did this (more or less) with my 156 about 6 years ago.
    Drove it from Galway to Rome through the Alps and not a bother from her.
    On the twisties it was brilliant, even for a diesel. Just hugged the corners.
    Well done nursing the GTV back to life :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

This was two days later in berlin...wheres that bad parking thread
    Hazard lights on so its perfectly fine :pac:
    Looks like perfectly acceptable Italian parking to me. Came natural to the car. :D Great shots and great car.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Looks like perfectly acceptable Italian parking to me. Came natural to the car. :D Great shots and great car.

If it was an actual Italian they wouldn't even bother turning the hazards :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Did some of the ring of Kerry over the Easter, mighty craic!

Did you go around it in the opposite direction of the buses?

Someone told me that the buses only drive in one direction there because 2 buses couldn't pass each other, so it's better to drive in the opposite direction if you don't want to get stuck behind one. I need to do it some day :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

shietpilot wrote: »
    Did you go around it in the opposite direction of the buses?

Someone told me that the buses only drive in one direction there because 2 buses couldn't pass each other, so it's better to drive in the opposite direction if you don't want to get stuck behind one. I need to do it some day :o

It's better going the bus way if you ask me, you'll be stopping for photos etc all the time so it doesn't matter really.
    If staying in killarney hit molls in the evening/night for a great blast on an awesome road!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Homer

Was taking some landscape shots up at lough tay in Wicklow recently so decided to get one of the new mini after I had it wrapped in Matt black.

File%2014-04-2016%2019%2030%2053.jpeg

Back in the land of the deep-fried garden salad and managed to nab this from the rental car park. Expecting to do a fair few miles in it over the next while;

b4j5li.jpg

Had one in Atlanta last year and initial impressions are good. Engine and gearbox are excellent (3.6 V6 + 8 speed auto). Interior isn't anything special and it's a deceptively large car. Fuel economy is a surprising 28mog over the last 1000 miles which ain't too bad.

She's no Ford Fusion in the twisties though. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I'm sorry but the 3.6 in them is pretty gutless. They're a big, heavy car.

Big Nasty wrote: »
    I'm sorry but the 3.6 in them is pretty gutless. They're a big, heavy car.

6 odd seconds to 60mph (as a benchmark) isn't that gutless to be fair.

400nm of torque from the motor too so it pulls pretty well I think. Super smooth engine and 80mph has it pulling 1500rpm :D

I'll see how I get on over the next few weeks, time will tell.

Might be impressive on paper but it certainly feels pretty gutless.

Tbf There's a lot of cars out there that feel quick but aren't, and a lot of cars that feel underpowered while they're not all that slack at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭plys

Eddie got a good scrub
    eddie2.jpg
    eddie2_zpsgcomt6xm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Was lovely evening yesterday so went for a spin! Could do with more days like it!
    20160414_194153_zps5qagzwli.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Really like that Focus Gavman, they are rare in 5 door.

Love the 5 door Gavman. Think it suits the proportions of the car that bit better.

Car looks great. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Nice Focus Gav it looks the part, is she 1.8 or 1.6 TD???;);)

• Advertisement

Truckermal wrote: »

1.4i

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Truckermal wrote: »
    Haha 1.4 of pure fury hai!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Gavman84 wrote: »
    Haha 1.4 of pure fury hai!

I thought there was soot deposits on your bumpers...:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Still madly in love :)

IMG_20160415_194412.jpg

166man wrote: »
    Back in the land of the deep-fried garden salad and managed to nab this from the rental car park. Expecting to do a fair few miles in it over the next while;

Had one in Atlanta last year and initial impressions are good. Engine and gearbox are excellent (3.6 V6 + 8 speed auto). Interior isn't anything special and it's a deceptively large car. Fuel economy is a surprising 28mog over the last 1000 miles which ain't too bad.

She's no Ford Fusion in the twisties though. ;)

You can take a man out of his fiat, but you can't take the fiat out of the man :p

What happened the Malibu?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Still madly in love :)

[...]

PM sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

1 month with this car now and just short of 2,500 miles clocked up on it in that time. Definitely my favourite car to date.

IMG_4451_zpsgk0piepa.jpg

IMG_4452_zpsxcvahrbo.jpg

That bit of broken plastic on the rear is really effecting my fvcking OCD :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Just a picture of my Scuby and my sisters EuroR.

383458.JPG

I've been busy all weekend lads but I bought this on Friday :)
    About 250 miles done so far and I love it!

383459.jpg

383460.jpg

383461.JPG

Really nice colour and interior, and all for less than 2 grand! I'm so jealous. Maybe one day when insurance gets cheaper for me...

• Advertisement

shietpilot wrote: »
    Really nice colour and interior, and all for less than 2 grand! I'm so jealous. Maybe one day when insurance gets cheaper for me...

Way less than to grand to be honest :)
    Best car for the money I've got yet man!

As you may have seen my insurance on this is cheaper than the astra by a long shot, might be worth giving an equivalent a go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

YbFocus wrote: »
    Way less than to grand to be honest :)
    Best car for the money I've got yet man!

As you may have seen my insurance on this is cheaper than the astra by a long shot, might be worth giving an equivalent a go?

Identical looking to my room mates car! Looks nice and I do like that colour:) I don't much like the E39 but for the price I hope you get a reliable enough daily out of it. What engine is in that one?

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Identical looking to my room mates car! Looks nice and I do like that colour:) I don't much like the E39 but for the price I hope you get a reliable enough daily out of it. What engine is in that one?

Thanks man, she's got the 2.2 in her, not setting the world alight but with the auto it just doesn't seem to matter, no want for speed in it at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Thanks man, she's got the 2.2 in her, not setting the world alight but with the auto it just doesn't seem to matter, no want for speed in it at all!

Must be a real rocket compared to the astra :D All the best with it anyway :)

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Must be a real rocket compared to the astra :D All the best with it anyway :)

It is, that thing was boring me to tears man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

circa 6:20am this morning :o
    13051543_10154180304514759_1721039617400368151_n.jpg?oh=97f27f3a022179ae9710d378c0331e3f&oe=57B30359&__gda__=1471241808_541e4ad61fa3d0fa7552289fef89bc65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I love the car, Yb. Is it a Japanese import?

Everyone is asking that question, motorcheck say it's always been irish with history of every owner.
    I assume it got a boot at some stage due to the e39's rusty boot isses!

It's quirky though I like it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Well wear on new bus. Nice comfy cars and do feel that bit heavier/sure footed than e60.

Im in same position atm gonna keep suspension standard on 535d for comforts sake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭robbiew

Well Wear YB she's a beauty. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Nice car YB. Love the U.S. Style boot.

Nice car YB. Love the U.S. Style boot.

Thanks man yeah i am trying to find a reason to bring it for a drive :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Come over west with it. Give it a rip around Connemara! Although it's getting too busy for my liking with tourists now.....

Come over west with it. Give it a rip around Connemara! Although it's getting too busy for my liking with tourists now.....

It'll be 3 weeks before I'm back up there with mondello next week and other stuff!
    It will surely be taken for a spin!

The Sport is surprisingly nimble in the twisties for a car of it's size. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Swing by Limerick, can take some sweet photos of yours and my e46 together.

Swing by Limerick, can take some sweet photos of yours and my e46 together.

I work in roscrea and am down there a fair bit with work! I'll tell you when I'm going down next :)

Big Nasty wrote: »
    The Sport is surprisingly nimble in the twisties for a car of it's size. :)

It's not what i bought it for but it's nice to know :)
    I keep catching myself dawdling along, not like me at all :)

Doubt it, the binnacle is in mph and manual ac.
    Id say someone bought a us/jap style boot. Looks much better Imo. More aggressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Ms. jou's badly damaged bus left in a garage for repairs. Photos were here - [post]99051897[/post]

She got a replacement car to get back home, great little box. :D

383484.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement