Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Ok I know it's a Civic with 458 exhausts, what is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It reminds me a lot of the scooby and lancer Evo.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Parapara2017

Ok I know it's a Civic with 458 exhausts, what is it?

FK 8Civic Type R GT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

��

Better pictures when the weather isn't **** ��
    Is that the car all the young fellas spend their pocket money in Halfords trying to make their car look like?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Best colour for the FK8, have mine just over a year now but found I got bored quickly with it, but still a great car none the less best of luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Serious machine!

5500 wrote: »
    Best colour for the FK8, have mine just over a year now but found I got bored quickly with it, but still a great car none the less best of luck with it

Any handy tips for me? Have you kept everything stock including oem tyres? What about servicing, going to honda or?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Watch out for notchy 2/3/4 Gear or lockouts, synchros can give issue with them. Front park sensors go bananas in the rain, it's been an issue across the range but currently waiting on a modified grill from Honda to solve the problem, they are well aware of it though.

I've small enough mileage on mine, about 5k but the hot summer seemed to have eaten the tyres without pushing it on, great grip with some warmth but on cold wet days not so much, I'd say by 10k they will be toast. Wheels are soft and look to easily buckle from potholes too so watch out for them.

I'd be wary of modding inside of warranty, look to the UK and you'll find gearbox claims being turned down for owners having a catback or intake let alone going the Hondata or ktuner route, I dont think it was worth the risk. Exhaust annoyed me though as it doesn't sound like it looks, would have liked a valved system like the remus, but even if you tried to switch over for warranty issues, the exhaust is 1 whole single piece so not a quick easy switch.

Stuck to main dealer for first service too, unless an indy has access to Honda software updates I think your better off for the time being

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Serious machine!
    That they are. Had a quick go in one last year. Some grunt and grip to it. Real bruiser. Well wear PP. :)
    5500 wrote: »
    Watch out for notchy 2/3/4 Gear or lockouts, synchros can give issue with them.
    Synchros an issue? Still? Jaysus, 55, nothing changes. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Just picked this up last night, Irish car, 5 speed manual with an LSD.
    474795.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

In my humble the W30 Mr2 has been an under appreciated car, but I suspect not for long. Mid engined, sub 1000 kgs, with limited slip diff? Yes please. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Wibbs wrote: »
    In my humble the W30 Mr2 has been an under appreciated car, but I suspect not for long. Mid engined, sub 1000 kgs, with limited slip diff? Yes please. :D

Exactly my thinking, there are loads of examples of cars that became cheap and disposable that after a good number of years a cult following formed and they became very sought after.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭NeilMcGrane

Here is my 2007 GTI Edition 30 no. 814, DSG with 330-ish bhp :D

B34VKhyl.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

nice.
    What have you done to achieve the 330bhp?

kceire wrote: »
    nice.
    What have you done to achieve the 330bhp?

Full exhaust, uprated high pressure fuel pump, RS4 return valve and a remap.

Exactly my thinking, there are loads of examples of cars that became cheap and disposable that after a good number of years a cult following formed and they became very sought after.
    Yeah, pretty much every now thought of as special car did. Even Ferraris, Maseratis and the like. Remember the Top Gear episode from just over ten years ago where they each bought old "supercars" for ten grand or under. They were hopeless cars but they'd be triple, quadruple or more the price now. For years old race cars were once scrap value, and some now go for millions. Back in the late 90's I was offered an E30 M3 for IIRC four or five grand. Didn't really entertain it as some eejit insisted on putting the steering wheel in front of the passenger, but what would that be worth now? 80K or more? Mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Nice one Chris. You hardly every see an MR2 of any description around these days, but the W30 is especially rare. I don't know what happened to them really; there used to be loads of Jap import MR-S' going around Dublin a few years ago. I suppose terminally low values and the fact that they never enjoyed the same enthusiast following as the previous models was/is a big factor in their disappearance. From what I've seen and read lately a few people are starting to scramble to get their hands on half decent examples, probably won't be long before the rest of us start asking ourselves why we didn't do the same.

About 15 years ago my parents went to buy an Opel Speedster from Sweeney & Forte on the Howth road, but ended up coming home with a silver W30 for my Dad and a Golf cabriolet for my mother. Great cars at the time but definitely not investments like the Opel would have been!! Only sold the Golf last year for €800, and the MR2 in c. 2013 for €not a lot at all. Good times though

Most of the time D I'd say it's because people become bored of a particular car model, that and rust, or increasing mechanical expense with some cars, or the faster stuff ends up at the young driver with a Halfords loyalty card end of the market, then slowly wrecked after ten owners and most don't have anywhere to store one so they end up being crushed into manhole covers. TBH I would have got shot of my 90's Jap car years ago and would be swanning around in a Beemer if it weren't for oddball life circumstances. To find one like Chris' in that condition is a rare enough thing. Must have been well loved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Yeah that seems to be the case with a couple of specific cars alright. If you look at any sub €2k Mk1 TT on Donedeal, they all seem to have 6/7/8/9/10+ previous owners. Same goes for E65 7 series' and various other cars too, Boxsters, S-Class' etc. People buy them and think they're great, then they either get bored (mostly the case with sporty numbers, the sun goes in and the evenings get shorter = no time to drive and enjoy them) or the NCT approaches and they realise stuff like wishbones on a 7 series will set you back €200 a piece and tyres are no longer easily had for sub €130 a corner.

I do wish I had the discipline to hold onto something nice that I knew would appreciate though!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Full exhaust, uprated high pressure fuel pump, RS4 return valve and a remap.

Nice mods. You can put the newer turbo from the RS3 in there I believe but you got 100bhp from this mods alone, that’s some going!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Have her for a few days
    MWN9nyn.jpg

8kOG536.jpg

bJQpZTJ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Kia looking like a real nice place to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Did you get rid of the A6 m17?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Kia have come a long way. That’s a smashing interior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Kia have come a long way. That’s a smashing interior.

Hopefully thats sarcasm was just thinking that the interior is shocking at least 10 years out of date and just not nice at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Not intending to be controversial but I was driving a 2017 i30 today and couldn't get over how **** it was inside. People say old Toyotas are bad, this was something else for cheap plastics and poor feeling controls.

That Kia above (what you can see of the interior), the gauge cluster is as dull as ditch water, very similar to that of a Dacia Duster and the stalks are the same articles you'd find in an Accent or a Getz 15 years ago.

Hyundai/ Kia are making massive leaps in the market but IMO interior quality or innovation certainly isn't one.

The new Sportage is a good looking car and so is the Cee-apostrophy-d but they are still lacking a little in some ways and the interiors are definitely one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Killinator

An Ed30, sweeeeet!
    What seats does it have, half leathers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

CIP4 wrote: »
    Hopefully thats sarcasm was just thinking that the interior is shocking at least 10 years out of date and just not nice at all.

I like it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

CIP4 wrote: »

I saw the interior pic and thought it looks very similar to the Magentis in the garden at home :P

Stalks, apart from being reversed, are the same design and layout as my fathers 03 Santa Fe...

Maybe it's a new retro theme? :p

Compared to what I'm used to it looks like the effin space shuttle. :D

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    Nice mods. You can put the newer turbo from the RS3 in there I believe but you got 100bhp from this mods alone, that’s some going!

A bigger turbo is possible, but unfortunately not worth while with the fuel we have in this country. The same car with the same mods in England (99 octane) will make 370-ish bhp.
    Killinator wrote: »
    An Ed30, sweeeeet!
    What seats does it have, half leathers?

It does indeed!

y8e8NMDm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

After some much needed TLC with Valdis. Have been travelling a lot lately so itching to take a long spin at the weekend.

https://imgur.com/eDlGn5m

eDlGn5m

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

My New Motor from January. 2500 KM now

A bigger turbo is possible, but unfortunately not worth while with the fuel we have in this country. The same car with the same mods in England (99 octane) will make 370-ish bhp.

It does indeed!

Drool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

After some much needed TLC with Valdis. Have been travelling a lot lately so itching to take a long spin at the weekend.

eDlGn5m

Welcome to the Valdas 325 club :D

What needed done with it? I've a feeling I'll need injectors soon, it's running a bit dodgy recently :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

After 3 great years I've traded in the Saab, absolutely loved it but sure...

Anyway, just picked this up. C220 CDI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Welcome to the club :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Nixonbot wrote: »

eDlGn5m

Welcome to the Valdas 325 club :D

What needed done with it? I've a feeling I'll need injectors soon, it's running a bit dodgy recently :(

Injector, service and suspension refresh. Will need coils ans a little more attention to be back to 100%. He looked after my E46 too, great lad and there's always some interesting cars laying about!

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    After 3 great years I've traded in the Saab, absolutely loved it but sure...

Anyway, just picked this up. C220 CDI
    A client of mine had one of those, nice car, supple on the road, lovely interior IIRC, loadsa room, felt like it was made from granite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Injector, service and suspension refresh. Will need coils ans a little more attention to be back to 100%. He looked after my E46 too, great lad and there's always some interesting cars laying about!

Mine deteriorated today, idles rough all the time. Almost certainly injectors. Did you get all yours done? I think he said to me they're 330 a pop :o

• Advertisement

53731929_2209556435768776_5016013170225971200_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=d10abbb9c2524d5c790de1fcf489f6a5&oe=5D1F35CC

53717354_2209556685768751_8908769079741906944_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=a69fdaad825116859a496136a0fd7635&oe=5D14BD26

53183061_2209556509102102_8826779880638119936_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=ea13b427cd83d068691d3a91d8291eac&oe=5D2508E6

In for some ceramic coating done by Brian at Spirit Detailing, great work.

More pics over at his Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/802702693120831

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

^^^^^
    Wow that looks amazing!

Coincidentally, I had my car in with Brian last week for ceramic coating.
    The weather has been ****e this week so I gave it a clean this morning

475028.jpg

^^^^^
    Wow that looks amazing!

Coincidentally, I had my car in with Brian last week for ceramic coating.
    The weather has been ****e this week so I gave it a clean this morning

Can I ask how much it cost to get your GTI coated?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

I deleted my seat leon fr184 by mistake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

My babe :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭masterboy123

My Boo! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

New spoiler.

475153.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Barely broken in ;)
    hzezTzah.jpg
    N55xc1Nh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭MortGoldman

I've a new car, and there's a short story to it. A very close friend of mine died last summer, just a few weeks after buying himself his dream car. He kept talking about how eager he was to get started on detailing it and fixing it up and making it perfect, which I have no doubt he would have - the man was obsessional about his Alfas.

However, he was seriously ill and died. Things have been pretty crap since. I was down visiting his widow last week, and started jumpstarting his cars and moving them around. Decided to make a reasonable offer for the car, knowing that it needs quite a bit of work and has been sitting up for at least a year, basically. She accepted the offer, and I've brought it home. George couldn't finish it, so I'm going to for him. This is Gina, a 2006 Alfa Romeo Brera.

xQAbsui

Here we go, image link doesn't want to work

5ONZhfO_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

That will probably be the most sentimental car posted here.
    I hope she serves you, George and his family well.
    Well done to you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement