Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

47731231351_78031f45c3_c.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

:pac:
    This your old 335?

This your old 335?

Nope, that's a 325i.

My 335 was dark grey with those same alloys and an aero lip on the front.

OSI wrote: »
    And a chicken coup in the from the front bumper :pac:

Ya wha?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

S213 E AMG Line Premium

Picking her up Thurs morning... kinda excited

nW4GM1s.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Finally took the plunge a few weeks ago and picked up a new Giulia Veloce. Had to be in red so was made wait an extra 6 weeks but definitely worth the wait.

Took her up to Brian in Spirit detailing today for a ceramic coating having had her filthy since I collected her. Dealer was told not to touch the paintwork and in fairness they didn't. Was a lot harder for me not too though.

To anyone who is on the fence about them, just go and drive one. Yeah the dealer network is ****e but they're worth it. **** me she likes to dance
    59295181_2289055904485495_9071340678591545344_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=5dab79395b3f957c9bdb822ce7f2b9a5&oe=5D2F10A2

https://scontent-dub4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/59295181_2289055904485495_9071340678591545344_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=5dab79395b3f957c9bdb822ce7f2b9a5&oe=5D2F10A2

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

TBH QV, for me, when Alfa get it right I wouldn't care if they fell apart like a clown car. Just look at the bloody thing. :o

Man that's a beauty. Well wear.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Ah now, 1 bleedin photo :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭BHP

Need more photos of that Alfa please? It is gorgeous, I'd be tempted away from the German marques. I must go drive one.

• Advertisement

If ye want more pics, check out Spirit Detailing's Facebook page :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

If ye want more pics, check out Spirit Detailing's Facebook page :)

Such a lovely colour combo with red, silver and black.

No interior pics :( Seats look a tasty colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Absolutely beautiful that Alfa.

Leah's loved their styling. Drivers car really is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What a beauty! Well wear, looks incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ya legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

420 went back on Monday when this was dropped in.

479170.jpg

190DSG 4wd XCellence model, so has all the kit and caboodle, expect full leather.

Much better looking than it's sister vehicle the Tiguan Allspace. Haven't seen a Skodiaq side by side with it to compare those 2.

Loving the adaptive cruise with the DSG, makes commuting a breeze. Bit slower than I expected - just over 3,000km on so the engine should be loosening up by now. Doesn't have the punch you'd expect from a 190ps when you put the foot down, but its not deathly slow and should get better with a bit more mileage on.

• Advertisement

Met up with homik this evening and of course I had to take a photo, it's not every day you have two six cylinder E46s together in Ireland:p! What a lovely car it is as well, immaculate bodywork and the Nappa leather is gorgeous, a lot softer than the standard leather in mine:

6AYpBQV.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭Low Energy Eng

My 335i

20180325-163908.jpg

Edit- thanks black knight, appreciated.

• Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

My 335i

https://ibb.co/fY5trKs

fY5trKs

I'm not sure why that won't embed.
    You need to copy the image URL, not the page URL.
    Here:
    https://i.ibb.co/jv2G3xS/20180325-163908.jpg
    20180325-163908.jpg

My fiances car -
    20180611-162812.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

OSI wrote: »
    Poor Tiguan most be starting to feel like an unwanted child, nearly 30k on the clock and it’s last wash was during its service so I decided I’d give its first hand wash while the sun shined:

That's really smart looking OSI. The Tiguan's in the R Line guise are lovely. 30k is fair going in less than 12 months. Similar to the mileage my Mrs is doing, she has a 181 Ibiza since Mar 18 and there's 35k on it now, i'm thinking of trading in 2020 after the two year mark since the mileage will be higher than most. Either that or keep it the full 3 year term, buy it outright and sell it privately.

Did you get a higher mileage allowance built into the package?

• Advertisement

My 335i

What a beauty! What engine and gearbox does it have?

What a beauty! What engine and gearbox does it have?

Thanks Leonard, she can scrub up.
    N54 engine, 3 litre twin turbo. It's dct semi automatic.
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

VW Polo GTI I picked up last week.
    20190503-130604.jpg
    20190503-130615.jpg
    20190503-132913.jpg

Thanks, never knew they did these with the DCT box - I thought it was only the USA only 335is and the M3 that got this option. Every day's a school day with BMWs:)!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Yeah I thought dct was only an option on the LCI coupes, and a rare option over here too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Wailin

Slumming it over the bank holiday weekend. Think she needs mudflaps!

46880923995_dd83b6f50f_c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

dct?? really??:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Finally got around to changing the chrome kidney grill to a gloss black one:

20190323-133305.jpg

20190507-093438.jpg

Danzy wrote: »
    Quite the difference.

Yeah, wasn't sure at first but once it was fitted I think it works well with the Carbon Black paintwork.

Guys un quote the photos...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

@Danzy you might want to read the thread title and edit your posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

First one of 2019 for me! :pac:, bit slow off the mark this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Wailin

[/quote]

Looks good bazz. Where did you get them in the end? Thinking of changing to the double slat myself.

Wailin wrote: »

Looks good bazz. Where did you get them in the end? Thinking of changing to the double slat myself.[/QUOTE]

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/GRILLE-FOR-BMW-F10-F11-F18-SPORT-KIDNEY-DOUBLE-SLAT-M5-LOOK-GLOSS-BLACK/281814935106?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

had a bit of drama with the first delivery as one part was damaged ou of the box but the seller replaced it.

First one of 2019 for me! :pac:, bit slow off the mark this year.

Let standards slip there..... Shocking shocking stuff really is....

Cowboys ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

bazz26 wrote:
    had a bit of drama with the first delivery as one part was damaged ou of the box but the seller replaced it.

Looks really nice and thank you for sharing the link. I spray painted (plasti dip) but didn't like the finish and striped off after a week. Is it a big job to replace?

dct?? really??:confused:

I thought so but now that I research it, embarrassingly not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Black grilles always look better on bmws. Those chrome ones date the cars badly.

(Mine are still chrome)

Did a DIY job on my e36 and e46 but too nervous for the new car.

bbari wrote: »
    Looks really nice and thank you for sharing the link. I spray painted (plasti dip) but didn't like the finish and striped off after a week. Is it a big job to replace?

It's bit of a pain on the F10 5 Series alright the first time and you will probably lose a bit of flesh from your fingers getting behind the top of the bumper as you have to release the clips on the back of the grill and push it out from behind but my advice is to spray the clips with some WD40 and let it set in for about 5 mins before going at one clip at a time while encouraging it out. There are plenty of videos on youtube but some of them make it look alot easier than it actually is because in those videos they have already been removed a few times so they are a lot easier to remove after the first time.
    Black grilles always look better on bmws. Those chrome ones date the cars badly.

(Mine are still chrome)

Funny thing is that changing to a chrome grille was all the rage about 10 years ago because only the 6 cylinder and above engined cars got a chrome grille. Then every BMW started coming with a chrome grille as standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

I thought so but now that I research it, embarrassingly not.

Still a fast car!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

(Mine are still chrome)

Think it depends on the colour of the car. I'm not doing it to mine, would make it too black.
    Nixonbot wrote: »
    Somehow stayed vaguely clean in Leitrim for a week!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108990338#post108990338

(old pic)

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭milhous

Paint Correction, Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra and exo v4. It's shiny now. Went the whole hog as I plan to hold onto it and red is a bitch for fading.

Nixonbot wrote: »
    Think it depends on the colour of the car. I'm not doing it to mine, would make it too black.

Completely agree. I've seen silver E46s with the black grilles and they look all wrong on it (IMO), the chrome looks way better. A darker colour works better with black grilles for sure and it does look well on many of the modern cars and even some of the older ones, indeed you can now get them with black grilles from the factory. But each to their own.

I don't have the absolute aversion to chrome many BMW enthusiasts have, without a doubt I'd have a shadowline exterior over a chromeline one, and things like chrome exterior door handles or bumper tips etc are horrible and should be banned :D, but a subtle bit enhances the look of the car IMO. If you bought a six cylinder E46 or E90, as well as the twin exhausts everyone knows about, you also got chrome grille slats and IMO they definitely look better than the plain black ones that came on the four cylinder models. BMWs are all about the subtle details, and part of their appeal is only the enthusiasts know who's got what even when they're debadged.

I also put genuine BMW chrome exhaust tips on mine recently and I'm very happy, the chrome tips compliment the black bumper apron and silver bumper very nicely, a subtle bit of chrome without overdoing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

If you bought a six cylinder E46 or E90, as well as the twin exhausts everyone knows about, you also got chrome grille slats and IMO they definitely look better than the plain black ones that came on the four cylinder models. BMWs are all about the subtle details, and part of their appeal is only the enthusiasts know who's got what even when they're debadged.

Exactly. Might as well put a 320d badge on the back of it. It's overdone now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Finally got it Valeted. It will be 2 years old in May 28th. 48k kms so far.

IMG-20190511-095423.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Finally got it Valeted. It will be 2 years old in May 28th. 48k kms so far.

Would you recommend valeting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Yes. I always go to him and he does very good job. Charges only 45eu for medium valet.

Danzy, you might want to delete the quoted photo from your post quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

bazz26 wrote: »
    Danzy, you might want to delete the quoted photo from your post quickly.

I have to say and I know it’s trivial but I think the 24 hour ban because someone quoted a couple of pics is absolutely ridiculous. Most of us that post and comment here are regulars and know it’s preferable not to quote pics but new posters are hit with bans over a silly little thing. I’d imagine it wouldn’t encourage them to rush back.

I’m not trying to have a go at the mods directly. They do a great job for the most part.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

h3000 wrote: »
    I have to say and I know it’s trivial but I think the 24 hour ban because someone quoted a couple of pics is absolutely ridiculous. Most of us that post and comment here are regulars and know it’s preferable not to quote pics but new posters are hit with bans over a silly little thing.

I beg to differ. I was caught myself once or twice. It's easy enough to get caught if you are not paying attention and are on different image posting threads on boards where you are allowed to quote pics.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement