Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I've a soft spot for them too. Someone at work had a V60 R Design, lovely looking car.

I've seen a few Leon ST Cupras for sale too, must be 1/4 of all the Cupras I've seen lately. Golf R estate looks well.

A4 Avant is another one.

Only a few make the estate nice. BMW, Audi, Skoda, Audi and my favourite Alfas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Only a few make the estate nice. BMW, Audi, Skoda, Audi and my favourite Alfas!

Given the fact you listed Audi twice I think you're trying to tell us something :pac:

tcawley29 wrote: »
    Given the fact you listed Audi twice I think you're trying to tell us something :pac:

I haven't owned an Audi in 20 years :pac:
    I have been looking at lot on DoneDeal lately, maybe they're on my mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

I haven't owned an Audi in 20 years :pac:
    I have been looking at lot on DoneDeal lately, maybe they're on my mind!

A4 is in the rental class I have for when I'm home in September. Wouldn't mind trying one but if they only have the 420d again I won't be too upset about that either :cool: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I've a soft spot for them too. Someone at work had a V60 R Design, lovely looking car.

I've seen a few Leon ST Cupras for sale too, must be 1/4 of all the Cupras I've seen lately. Golf R estate looks well.

A4 Avant is another one.

I was over in Leeds for the weekend and saw three of the new Cupra estates, they look very well with the Copper badges and wheels in a silver/grey colour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Out in Howth a few days ago, I have still to paint the rear wheels.
    muAPrUB.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Killinator

Another year done at Le Man's, never get tired of driving the bits of public road which make up the track.
    2nd trip for the R to France and once again she never missed a beat.
    On the low end of the scale compared to the other metal around the area there but that doesn't make it any less fun :)

n32ou1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

Long overdue wash:
    483123.jpg

483122.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭TeaPot918

Finally some sun!

TmxToQu.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Stunning car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

Wow, looks fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Whoa. That’s class.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Somebody pass me a tissue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

We need interior pics :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Killinator

Whoop lawd it's hot in here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Me too, in depth interior pics required :-)
    tossy wrote: »
    We need interior pics :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Holy sheeeet that looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

FFS, that's the perfect car for this weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Parapara2017

That Z4 is stunning, saw one recently enough and it looks even better in the flesh. Sounds great too.

Upgraded a good while ago to some 255/35/20 PS4S from 245/30/20 conti sport contact 6s. Some old and new pics for comparison with dirty wheels...

Very noticeable increased ride height and ground clearance
    ymh8XAz.jpg
    5FyRsqL_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    esbdENk_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    i2gXMlR_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

6 weeks into ownership, loving this little rocket :)

C4805410-92-FB-4-C64-B71-E-EE00815-A4-BEA.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

MidMan25 wrote: »
    6 weeks into ownership, loving this little rocket :)

Did you sell the VRS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

So you enjoy your day at work, to then go to your car and find that some piece fo **** of a scumbag has done this and legged it.
    Camera that was directly above the car didn't capture the moment it happened and the other camera had something blocking it so no recourse here except out of my own pocket.

483438.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Another one from touring Kerry :)

A1-D83-AF2-BB6-F-4-E1-A-BCC3-9-B9-E67194623.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

bear1 that is poxy.... Some serious a holes out there...

Wonder was it a thick that doesn't know the size of the car and if you were standing there they would run you over too and never have seen a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

bear1 that is poxy.... Some serious a holes out there...

Wonder was it a thick that doesn't know the size of the car and if you were standing there they would run you over too and never have seen a thing.

The picture doesn't make it look at bad but it's fecking annoying.
    Had the cameras reviewed at work but just my luck, the camera that was directly above my car faces the other way so it caught nothing.
    The other camera can only see the roof of the car and is too far away and also has something blocking the view.
    If anything the company should be reviewing where it puts its cameras if they aren't worth jack **** in an emergency

Have this a year now.... Very happy with it after 32k kms...no issues thankfully. The 19s and sidesteps do wonders for them IMO. Sorento isn't a handsome yoke TBH.

483989.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Bye bye GTI, sold 3 weeks ago and found Saturday
    shooting%20blanch%2010.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Wow! That’s from Mulhuddart ?

It is indeed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Similar thing happened to me a few years ago after selling a C180 Merc. Not an enjoyable experience..

Awful to see nevertheless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Bye bye GTI, sold 3 weeks ago and found Saturday

Was it stolen after being sold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Wow how times have changed. Garda standing near a burnt out car. Back in 80's and early to mid 90's it was a common thing to see burnt out cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wow how times have changed. Garda standing near a burnt out car. Back in 80's and early to mid 90's it was a common thing to see burnt out cars.

Still is look at the fire brigade Twitter account...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

https://i.imgur.com/Zl986Y8.jpg

330i collected this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Wailin

Lovely car F34. What's it like to drive? Hear the chassis is superb in them by all accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Nice car but it's destroyed in swirl marks, I wonder is the owner a member of a Ethnic group as I was looking at a 530D at that dealership and their was 5 of them sitting in that car over in the lot plus the kids were sitting on the Bonnet......:D

Wailin wrote: »
    Lovely car F34. What's it like to drive? Hear the chassis is superb in them by all accounts.

Cheers yeah I’ve come from a 430d and the driving experience is very different much tighter than the 4 across all driving modes and so very quiet on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Apparently it was used in a driveby shooting a few minutes away. Didn't even try to hide the car...

Gardai don't give a ****e either.

F34 wrote: »
    Cheers yeah I’ve come from a 430d and the driving experience is very different much tighter than the 4 across all driving modes and so very quiet on the road.

Did you get the optional Indicator pack this time? I quite like the BMW stupid Individual pack in fairness!

• Advertisement

Truckermal wrote: »
    Did you get the optional Indicator pack this time? I quite like the BMW stupid Individual pack in fairness!

Why would I want to tell people where I’m going the peasants should just move out of the way!

That was a great joke (I think) that I didn't realise was a joke this morning until F34 replied :o
    F34 wrote: »
    Why would I want to tell people where I’m going the peasants should just move out of the way!

You have my thanks :pac::p

That was a great joke (I think) that I didn't realise was a joke this morning until F34 replied :o

You have my thanks :pac::p

Yes it was I know the hure well hence the smart comments...:D

Yes it was I know the hure well hence the smart comments...:D

Not knowing new BMW's I presumed you were talking about something real :P

After a long long time of having no car after the 330e I finally found a suitable replacement...apart from the extortionate tax that is. Ticks all of the boxes, touring, msport, auto, diesel and a complete sleeper of a car with 315 BHP...and most importantly it's unmolested. It's an absolute BLAST to drive! It's not everyone's cup of tea bit it's exactly what I was looking for.

It honestly feels like a new car until you look at the interior and realize its very very old, have plans for this one...

485052.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Nice. Remapped?

• Advertisement

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Nice. Remapped?

Heavily!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Nice. Remapped?

stock is 227 or 241 if steptronic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Carpentry wrote: »
    stock is 227 or 241 if steptronic.

Would it map up to 315? Seems like a huge gain but maybe there are other suppprting mods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Mine is the updated (ie newer) version of that engine.

BTW Hunky - if that rear wiper is normally like that and it's not just in the middle of a wipe, remove it and reset in on the splines so it's flat and level with the bodywork. The way it is is driving my OCD mental :pac:

Mine is the updated (ie newer) version of that engine.

BTW Hunky - if that rear wiper is normally like that and it's not just in the middle of a wipe, remove it and reset in on the splines so it's flat and level with the bodywork. The way it is is driving my OCD mental :pac:

I have it fixed already! And now to get my key recoded as it sets off the alarm every time I unlock the damn thing. There’s a few niggly bits on it but they should all be done this weekend. Nothing major at all. Only passed its NCT days ago.

Yeah I read there’s plenty more power to be made but it’s not worth the hassle. It’s fine the way it is. I’m doing no more power wise to it but it will get a front brake upgrade. I’m also having squeaky ball joint bushings issue so I’ll have to get under there and somehow get grease into them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement