Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

It's F34's, a rare poster :)

Can't believe you'd have an unannounced meet, completely disgusted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

In the immortal words of father ted:

"oh... Bollocks.."

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭robbiew

Great view lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

The way things are going we'll soon need a "post a picture of your car, at an unannounced meet" thread..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Not mine, I've a 330d saloon, that's a 320d touring.
    It's F34's, a rare poster :)

Thank fvck he's rare :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

SLYCNYT.jpg

Figured I might as well get a photo of it while it's actually clean for once. Nothing special but I like to think of it as my pride and joy!

Add an "/" in the secound . like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

job seeker wrote: »
    Add an "/" in the secound . like

As a developer you'd think I'd remember to close out a tag :pac:

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    As a developer you'd think I'd remember to close out a tag :pac:

Ah sure,

The best of us can make mistakes. :)

EDIT: Nice golf...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Some proper photos one of the lads took yesterday, so, so happy I got it done :D

FB_IMG_1462126892819_zpskri0z63y.jpg[/URL]

FB_IMG_1462126886777_zpsckihjxnu.jpg

FB_IMG_1462126898963_zpsonzsc5ac.jpg

• Advertisement

The front looks so well without the number plate....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Jaysus don't be telling him things like that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Well...the number plate didn't really want to be there anyway:pac:

Few more from the spin yesterday.

20160430_103702_zpspximq5ir.jpg

20160430_115920_zpspknsfa9y.jpg

FB_IMG_1462124163353_zpss50iuwse.jpg

20160430_154738_zpsicmjrorv.jpg

Well...the number plate didn't really want to be there anyway:pac:

I tried :pac:

Who owns the red GTI? :cool:

The wine 106? He's not on here but it's a really tasty little motor.

Please say that was the announced meet :D

bear1 wrote: »
    Please say that was the announced meet :D

It wasn't. A few people met up for a spin. I don't think I've broken anything in the charter/forum rules/thread rules by posting that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Was a great spin. Hopefully next time we'll get molls gap in as well. Had to stay away this time with the rally going on.

• Advertisement

It wasn't. A few people met up for a spin. I don't think I've broken anything in the charter/forum rules/thread rules by posting that?

Oh I dont think so. Just a bit of a touchy subject on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Ahem...I know you're joking but here's mine minus the plate. Muuch nicer.

1462141911.5744.jpg

And with :(

1462142194.2016.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

isnt it cian dons new epic toy

davycc wrote: »
    isnt it cian dons new epic toy

Nope, the owner of this GTi isn't on Boards :p

Ahem...I know you're joking but here's mine minus the plate. Muuch nicer.

Naaw, was been serious. The smooth bumper on your and FN BMW looks serious... :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

So i bought a 106 gti last week, and so far I'm delighted with it. A very quick car and lots of fun :) A few bits to be done to it, have it booked for NCT next week. Some crap phone pictures:

side.png

back.png

Must replace the back lights asap!

dash.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

She's getting on a bit now (11 this year) but still scrubs up well I think :)

20160502_095455.jpg

20160502_093106.jpg

Still running great with 325,000km on the clock too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Awesome cars.

When i bought 535d i was on lookout for a 06 or so avant but no joy.

3.0 tdi sounds so much better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Awesome cars.

When i bought 535d i was on lookout for a 06 or so avant but no joy.

3.0 tdi sounds so much better

No argument here :) It's also efficient enough to be practical as a daily driver (I do about 1500km a week of mostly motorway and she'll do about 900ish to a tank, even with my heavy right foot :))

But with the way insurance is going in this country, I think she'll have to go next year :( I've already started keeping an eye out but virtually everything is 2.0 TDI and with not half the spec mine has.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ciano35 wrote: »
    So i bought a 106 gti last week, and so far I'm delighted with it. A very quick car and lots of fun :) A few bits to be done to it, have it booked for NCT next week. Some crap phone pictures:
    Not a common car to see these days(never really were). A mate of mine had the Rallye and it was a fantastic car.
    _Kaiser_ wrote: »
    But with the way insurance is going in this country, I think she'll have to go next year :(
    Crazy. IMH the way insurance is going in this country is nothing short of criminal.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

The rolla took her maiden cross country voyage at the weekend, never missed a beat. Surprised a few bmw and merc drivers :pac:

78aXfv5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭duffman3833

Are these the cars with the code you need to input to start car?

Are these the cars with the code you need to input to start car?

Yeah I saw keypads on the other gti's I saw, but my one doesn't have any, it just needs the key. Does anyone know if all gti's are meant to have them?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yeah I saw keypads on the other gti's I saw, but my one doesn't have any, it just needs the key. Does anyone know if all gti's are meant to have them?

Nah, it was an option afaik, and is a pain in the hole!
    Bypassed on most including my rallye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I think they came with an integrated immobilizer anyway after 99

• Advertisement

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Nah, it was an option afaik, and is a pain in the hole!
    Bypassed on most including my rallye

Thanks :) I think there's a problem though, I have a Snap-on scanner and tried plugging it into the car, a message comes up on the screen saying it can't communicate with the ECU and to check if the code has been entered correctly. Strange enough because I can access airbag and abs information, just not the engine information so I can't see if there's any fault codes stored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Thanks :) I think there's a problem though, I have a Snap-on scanner and tried plugging it into the car, a message comes up on the screen saying it can't communicate with the ECU and to check if the code has been entered correctly. Strange enough because I can access airbag and abs information, just not the engine information so I can't see if there's any fault codes stored.

You just bought a French hot hatch, mental cool cars but just don't bother trying to make sense of the electrics! :pac:

Would love one though :(

rizzodun wrote: »
    You just bought a French hot hatch, mental cool cars but just don't bother trying to make sense of the electrics! :pac:

Would love one though :(

Haha true, it's running perfectly anyway :cool: I'm so happy with it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

So I swapped the corolla for this, cash my way obviously. Not to shabby.
    Not mine obviously! 91 Carrera at work today, had to share... what a car.

u9stzbO.jpg

QEF1Wyt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Is that a tinted reg plate? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

What a beaut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Slideways

I've been in the lucky position of driving a 1978 911 with a full turbo conversion. LHD 3.3L (afair) with a 4 speed box in it. What a blast, scared the widdle out of myself doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Still have the Chaser, I put old wheels back on, dont think I will sell now.
    385069.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Slideways

Gave the dub a polish today. My other ride was not impressed. It's sulking now :pac:

0D07749D-59BB-4E94-A48C-330F3D45292E.jpg

Some bastard hopped a door off it in the car park a few weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

26771484541_d5aea680e9_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

CianDon;99624308"][IMG]https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7074/26771484541_d5aea680e9_c.jpg I passed by as you were taking photos of your car, I recognised the car straight away from here and was expecting to see the photos of it here this evening! The car looks well.[/img]

high horse wrote: »
    I passed by as you were taking photos of your car, I recognised the car straight away from here and was expecting to see the photos of it here this evening!
    The car looks well.
    Christ I cant go anywhere these days without the paps following it seems hahaha Cheers lad. I'd got bored of studying with the sun out today, so deceided to give the car a bit of a quick clean before the weekend. It was only when I seen the sky I said Id kill a few stones and get a few pics while it doesnt look like its been dragged through a rally stage, on the off chance I ever get a notion to sell. Great spot for pics, once you morally ignore its a graveyard, and its only about half a mile from the house :-)

So i bought a 106 gti last week, and so far I'm delighted with it. A very quick car and lots of fun :) A few bits to be done to it, have it booked for NCT next week.
    So your the man who snapped that wee rocket. Well ware lad. Fairly known around the 106 community, has a decent bitta engine spec afaik. I used to meet that car most days in and out of college as the guy with it lived down around Mahon. Met him on the South Link when I had the Corolla GTi and.......lets just say we both kept the the speed limit, rigidly hahaha

CianDon wrote: »
    So your the man who snapped that wee rocket. Well ware lad. Fairly known around the 106 community, has a decent bitta engine spec afaik. I used to meet that car most days in and out of college as the guy with it lived down around Mahon. Met him on the South Link when I had the Corolla GTi and.......lets just say we both kept the the speed limit, rigidly hahaha

Haha :) I love your 106, I swear I saw you somewhere recently, were you at the lakes? Do you know what upgrades were done actually? Because the guy I bought it off of thought that it was remapped or something, but he didn't know.

Haha :) I love your 106, I swear I saw you somewhere recently, were you at the lakes? Do you know what upgrades were done actually? Because the guy I bought it off of thought that it was remapped or something, but he didn't know.

Aye I went down to Killarney for the Saturday but was jumping between stages so that's probley where you saw me alright. Cant't remember fully but pretty sure its got upgraded Piper cams, a skimmed head, air filter and mabye a few other bits but not 100%

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement