Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Ciano35

CianDon wrote: »
    Aye I went down to Killarney for the Saturday but was jumping between stages so that's probley where you saw me alright. Cant't remember fully but pretty sure its got upgraded Piper cams, a skimmed head, air filter and mabye a few other bits but not 100%

I knew it was you alright, was gonna give you a beep but you wouldn't have had a clue who I was! Nice bit of work done to it so, I must get it on a rolling road and see what kind of power it's making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭g0g

WP_20160430_08_48_03_Pro.jpg
    385290.jpg
    Bit blurry as someone leaned over the take the photo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Sold the fixerupper corolla Sunday, bought this Monday.
    BRnICT8.jpg

Passed the nct today. I think above 1 litres are too hard/take too long to sell and are harder to make anything on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Ciandon saw ya at the kinsale road today I was the fella looking across think ya saw me in red focus! Car looking well seen ya around there before too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Gavman84 wrote: »
    Ciandon saw ya at the kinsale road today I was the fella looking across think ya saw me in red focus! Car looking well seen ya around there before too.

I also seen Ciandon's car parked outside the maradyke today I was going in to sit an exam at 4.30pm. The car looks very well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

CIP4 wrote: »
    I also seen your car parked outside the maradyke today I was going in to sit an exam at 4.30pm. The car looks very well :)
    That wasn't mine I was in work still at that time! Was it a red st 5 door there is another around cork! Mine is 08 think ther might be 07. Also a red three door one about with black stripe on sides 08 too.

Gavman84 wrote: »
    That wasn't mine I was in work still at that time! Was it a red st 5 door there is another around cork! Mine is 08 think ther might be 07. Also a red three door one about with black stripe on sides 08 too.

Sorry I meant I seen Ciandon car not yours my bad. I can't say I've seen any 5 door st's in cork they are definitely rare. I'll edit the above post there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Ah now lads, ye have to come over and say hello some time, might make it better than me driving around paranoid that there's people from the internet watching me everywhere I go hahahaha I was in for the half 4 aswell Accounting exam today, the last hoorah as a college student, and then the South Link is my little retreat for a bit of a blast on the way back out to Douglas. Theres plenty of bits in the pipeline for the wee yoke, but the student budget is fairly restrictive when it comes to buying race car parts :-)

CianDon wrote: »
    Ah now lads, ye have to come over and say hello some time, might make it better than me driving around paranoid that there's people from the internet watching me everywhere I go hahahaha I was in for the half 4 aswell Accounting exam today, the last hoorah as a college student, and then the South Link is my little retreat for a bit of a blast on the way back out to Douglas. Theres plenty of bits in the pipeline for the wee yoke, but the student budget is fairly restrictive when it comes to buying race car parts :-)

It was my last exam in college too Engineering though what are the chances :) Nice to have them done anyway :) You were just pulling away as I was walking out. Looks very original and clean whites a lovely colour too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

CIP4 wrote: »
    It was my last exam in college too Engineering though what are the chances :) Nice to have them done anyway :) You were just pulling away as I was walking out. Looks very original and clean whites a lovely colour too.

Manys a final exam in that hall today it seems. I was down early to get the best spot to make a swift exit once it was over. Cheers for that lad. The paintwork is 21 year old factory fresh, and probley one of the few original bits left at this stage :-) When Ive changed front bumper, both headlights, complete interior & retrofitted a factory radio, different wheels, springs,dampers, upgraded brakes, brake lines, rocker cover swapped, throttle body, vacuum hoses replaced, one rear light replaced and new steering wheel and harness, the paint is one of the few things left. When the whole thing owes me about €900 then I cant complain ☺☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

With the buddies 46 today!

DSCF0402_zpspclxuqsk.jpg

DSCF0404_zpshv9nwxfk.jpg

DSCF0414_zpsxnmzitn9.jpg

DSCF0395_zpsdrytfald.jpg

DSCF0377_zpstekocdmb.jpg

DSCF0372_zpsrqrqyjae.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Blacked out beamers and a dock? I smell mafia. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That third last pic of your car with out the front plate FN looks great. Almost like it was taken in the US at first glance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

That third last pic of your car with out the front plate FN looks great. Almost like it was taken in the US at first glance

Sound, man! The "USDM" look is what I've been going for, it's unreal the difference the spray job and plate delete has made to the car to be honest, completely in love with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

Final clean before she goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Fine day for it

21983ut.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭robbiew

vvrs, that looks like an oil painting with a Golf r in it.. where was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Fine day for it

Knockalla?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Brian Scan wrote: »
    Knockalla?
    Ouch. ;)

• Advertisement

joujoujou wrote: »
    Ouch. ;)

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭robbiew

Thread title Brian.. have a read.. :D

joujoujou wrote: »
    Ouch. ;)
    robbiew wrote: »
    Thread title Brian.. have a read.. :D

Oops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Gave her a good clean and polish today.

Driving a manual in NZ, You're doing it all wrong!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

robbiew wrote: »
    vvrs, that looks like an oil painting with a Golf r in it.. where was it?

Yeah it's knockalla in Donegal. Famous stage of the rally along the coast that hosts hill climb events too.

https://youtu.be/pKOp1EexRIs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Until the Z is sorted fully, scenery and good weather are to be enjoyed in the Merc :) good time to test the loan 950 camera too :)

26860086376_aa54d53beb_k.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Wait, what!? you got a 'Z car' as in 350? please say yesh :).

Edit: oh I know the car now, penny dropped :o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Haha. Legacy GT's like mine are super rare in NZ. 280hp is way more fun in a manual!

They're only rare in manual. I had an auto one myself over there. Not a huge fan of legacy auto boxes. I had a much much older 3 series wagon that was smoother...if not slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Spent the weekend cleaning, changing panels, doors, wheels, detailing, and polishing my gf's (and my second car sometimes) mk4.
    She was a dented, swirl marked, dull mess! First time giving more than just a quick car shampoo clean a go on a car. A lot of work, but satisfying!

How she started:

Wm02VmC.jpg

Just getting going with first layer of tcut:

TxcM1z8.jpg

results so far:

Jt852IW.jpg

FuXzBE0.jpg

tJNvS12.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Damn, looks very nice.

GvidoR wrote: »
    Damn, looks very nice.

I was surprised with the difference, need to get a proper orbital polisher now... the Aldi 20 quid job I used is as refined and well thought out as a Donald trump speech!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    I was surprised with the difference, need to get a proper orbital polisher now... the Aldi 20 quid job I used is as refined and well thought out as a Donald trump speech!

Christ you managed that with the Aldi yoke?? That is winning bigly as the man himself would say! What polish/wax?

Christ you managed that with the Aldi yoke?? That is winning bigly as the man himself would say! What polish/wax?

Beginners luck / ignorance I'd say! Turtle wax original, and then all autoglym stuff, their super resin polish seems really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Beginners luck / ignorance I'd say! Turtle wax original, and then all autoglym stuff, their super resin polish seems really good.

You must have the patience of a saint, SRP near anything with plastic trim would drive me bonkers!

I'm no detailing snob but I'm still in the horrors of my first attempts at cleaning cheap cars with turtlewax stuff years ago - I made the mistake of using the "coloured" wax... :o:mad:

Can't argue with your results for minimum outlay though!

You must have the patience of a saint, SRP near anything with plastic trim would drive me bonkers!

Can't argue with your results for minimum outlay though!

I'm still a complete newbie so loads to learn! Plastic trim pops outta the bumpers and doors on those in 2 secs which is handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'm still a complete newbie so loads to learn! Plastic trim pops outta the bumpers and doors on those in 2 secs which is handy.

Unbelievable job. Really well done!

Unbelievable job. Really well done!

Cheers! Ton's of work but worth it. Must get myself a half decent DA polisher and finish it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Cheers! Ton's of work but worth it. Must get myself a half decent DA polisher and finish it off.

Finish it off? Jesus.

Any chance you could pop around to mine and just do the same 'half-arsed' job on my a6? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

dodzy wrote: »
    Finish it off? Jesus.

Any chance you could pop around to mine and just do the same 'half-arsed' job on my a6? ;)

If got a Mazda 6 here that could use a half-arsed job like yours ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

That's some transformation using the aldi polisher
    I tried it on a 3 series I had and let's just say it didn't end wel, polisher was in bits lol

Looking for some cleaning gear for my car, been using various things from halfords which are quite good
    Anyone try this place

http://www.autopia.ie/?utm_campaign=Autopia&utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=%2Bcar%20%2Bbuffer%20%2Bpolisher&utm_content=1631996x852915875720386588

Having a white car looks nice but f me I'm cleaning it every two days in this weather

Got the windows tinted, rained non stop since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Got the windows tinted, rained non stop since

How much % tint? How much did it set you back if you don't mind be asking?

How much % tint? How much did it set you back if you don't mind be asking?

There was a choice of three, the fella there called it limousine tint it was the darkest one available, and it cost €130 only took 90 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

There was a choice of three, the fella there called it limousine tint it was the darkest one available, and it cost €130 only took 90 minutes

Do they take out the glass or what? There's a lot of covered glass in the mondeo, especially that rear quarter window.

• Advertisement

Do they take out the glass or what? There's a lot of covered glass in the mondeo, especially that rear quarter window.

No idea I'm afraid
    I've seen a few cars he has done and they were all good so I booked it in and walked away
    Can't see any flaws in it so I'm happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

First Car but twill do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They usually stick it to the outside, cut it to size then apply it to the inside.
    I've never seen anyone removing the glass.
    With the rear quarter window, there's usually a black border around the glass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

No glass removed. Standard practice. The good tinters have it nailed at this stage. That'll give the mondeo an extra 30bhp. Amazing stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Slideways

I watched a guy do it years ago. He sprinkled talc on the window on the outside then lay the tint over it and used a heat gun to shape it to the curve of the glass first, then cut it to the shape of the window.

I had the dark tint removed off my 4x4, I couldn't see a thing at night and ran the risk of getting a yellow sticker from the cops (compulsory vehicle test) if caught.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement