Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Is there much scraping?

Nope at all, full lock and no rubbing or anything, even over bumps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Are you going to get spacers as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Day for it :)
    27257049041_f98a2ecb89_h.jpg

26720025744_505221686d_h.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

The ever practical Celica. Patio table and 2x chairs, no hassle.

IMG_20160529_161040.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

20160529_163155.jpg

IMG_20160529_155048.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Did a 2BM wash on both cars today and hoovered and washed mats for the Focus :)

ik4cddv.jpg

pIkGliu.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Is that super resin polish I see :).

Hal1 wrote: »
    Is that super resin polish I see :).

Didn't polish anything :P Just a simple 2BM wash with shampoo. First time using a drying towel too! The XC90 looks much better and the windows don't have the usual water drop spots. Would recommend getting a drying towel for anyone ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Jaysus, I'm wrecked after washing one car. I can't imagine having to wash two in the same day. :o :pac:

Dord wrote: »
    Jaysus, I'm wrecked after washing one car. I can't imagine having to wash two in the same day. :o :pac:

I've done the Focus, Yaris and XC90 all in one day once and never again. The XC90 is just horrible to wash though, the body panels are massive and it takes ages...

• Advertisement

GvidoR wrote: »
    Are you going to get spacers as well?

No plans for them as of yet anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

Did Galway - Dublin - Killarney - Dublin - Galway between Thursday night and this morning.

Drove around the Killarney national park too, and through the gap of Dunloe. 14-15 hours of driving in total, 1100km or so, €100 quid in petrol very well spent, €75 on a Xenon not so well spent, and a minor heart attack caused by a stone stuck in the left front brake pad on the worst road I've ever been on, but a great trial run for France in two weeks! Can't wait for it!

Taken at the Gap of Dunloe on Saturday

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/32071/387270.JPG

Mod note: Pic too big! Try and keep it to 800 pixels at it's widest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

No plans for them as of yet anyway!

Spacers would definitely cause problems at the height it's at now! Mine is at the limit on the rears, any lower and I'd be rubbing over bumps.

Some amazing cars posted in the last while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Picked up for a grand last week. 115k on the clock, family car, five months tax, drives great. Glad to be back on petrol and away from dayyyyysulllll lad. Cut my insurance in half, 130bhp tdi costs 1800, 105bhp petrol costs 970, go figure.

6fBsnpE.jpg

GupdOqg.jpg

vNht6oO.jpg

Just needs a decent set of alloys :)

Well wear! Looks very clean, and you simply can't go wrong at that money (with tax too!) It's almost rare to see a stock mkIV golf around these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Well wear! Looks very clean, and you simply can't go wrong at that money (with tax too!) It's almost rare to see a stock mkIV golf around these days.

Nope it even has service history. Local lady owned it, was a family car. Grand aul yoke, has climate control and all :pac:

If it starts burning oil in a month ill feel differently but right now i'm happy out.

The 1.6 is a decent engine to be fair. It's a pity Ireland is filled with Mk4s with the scrap 1.4 engine :(

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Nope it even has service history. Local lady owned it, was a family car. Grand aul yoke, has climate control and all :pac:

If it starts burning oil in a month ill feel differently but right now i'm happy out.

Ah even if it was, so long as it was nothing too severe just top it up with cheap oil. And keep some in the boot!
    shietpilot wrote: »
    The 1.6 is a decent engine to be fair. It's a pity Ireland is filled with Mk4s with the scrap 1.4 engine :(

Ah, I had that engine, and hated it for it's taste for oil and sluggishness, but the fact that there's still a lot around must mean that it's not as scrap worthy as some like to suggest.

The 1.6 in MK4's is decent. Would love a 1.6 Bora again TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

My 1.6 was a nightmare. Shat its self after a couple of months. Think I was just unlucky though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

15d0ysp.jpg

Semi decent shot :pac:

IMG_20160530_112340_zpsccnocotd.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Lovely day for a little road trip.

5A94695B-B839-40C7-BB8C-D6C64D8A95BA_zpsdktkcmgl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

FN I want to steal your wheels.... My heart is broken from my own, every few months I'm changing worn out suspension bits. It's away tomorrow for a full service and total brake overhaul, calipers, disks, pads and a full service. Waste of time changing suspension bits til I can rid myself of my wheels.

(Also interested in px/ or willing to buy new wheels) PM me if anything suitable.

FN I want to steal your wheels.... My heart is broken from my own, every few months I'm changing worn out suspension bits. It's away tomorrow for a full service and total brake overhaul, calipers, disks, pads and a full service. Waste of time changing suspension bits til I can rid myself of my wheels.

(Also interested in px/ or willing to buy new wheels) PM me if anything suitable.

Those X5's are 19's? Bit too big to be dailying I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Those X5's are 19's? Bit too big to be dailying I think!

They're breaking my heart. Takes the luxury out of a luxury car.

Edit: Have a snapchat pic. (Sorry)

1464638520.5331.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Quite a heavy wheel too tbh. 18's and standard suspension only way to go hai

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Wailin

Have to agree, loved my 1.6 mk4, best car of my youth! Lowered suspension, 18" alloys and GTI rear lights....almost felt like one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

when did you lower the suspension on your 5series FN?

• Advertisement

Gorgeous looking car, still the best looking touring model, aged very well imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

The 1.8t is better :D (only coz I have one)

alta stare wrote: »
    The 1.8t is better :D (only coz I have one)

Of course larger displacement and boost is better. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Of course larger displacement and boost is better. :)

The 1.8T doesn't like that boost craic :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

20160531_195721_1.jpg

Cooled seats are a nice touch this week..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

The latest episode in the adventures of the Puglet is one of repair, a lash of paint and for once, I now own a white car that is all the one shade. If ye remember back, I half mentioned a few weeks ago about taking a trip up along the West Coast, and coming back with my own back bumper in the boot. Yano the way it is like! I'd not even got out of Cork when we caught up in a 3 car rear-end. Thankfully Id seen the initial smash in my mirror so reacted to pull the car forward about 6 feet which spared major damage. Anyway, after 2 weeks runing with a naked rear end, including a very JDM/Kanjo cable-tie tilt bracket (mega scene points YO), finally brought the beast down to the local body shop. Thankfully, the only major damage was to the inside clips attaching to the crash bar, so money saved there went into painting the lower half of the rear bumper, and we deceided to go full hog and paint the full driver rear quarter, which may have been painted by Stevie Wonder at some point. So here we are, she's just about to hit 64,000 miles, running like an ox and now looking fairly all right. I should paint the front bumper, but seeing as its off an Ex-Mark Higgins works Peugeot rally car, I dig the patina big time

27282775682_da65b4ba3c_c.jpg

27104799790_07dd7aedfe_c.jpg

27309835921_a1bd281065_c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭maw

the new member of the family

maw wrote: »
    the new member of the family
    Very nice, they look really well with the black edition trim. What powerplant has she?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Hired this for two days about two months ago. Not a bad little car to be fair to it.

[IMG][/img]Up_zpstkklnjng.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭polan

13307247_1122787664408554_6013940728767697507_n.jpg?oh=f6b05aabe108e9c97832c42780180f10&oe=57C29D42&__gda__=1473584494_18d6ce7d800bed964fe4c16cc40039e5

Nothing like a bit of Thursday car washing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

My new hatchback.

• Advertisement

^^^ very nice to both there.

That's the first Irish red R I've seen. And I can still read that number plate :pac:

JoeA3 wrote: »
    ^^^ very nice to both there.

That's the first Irish red R I've seen. And I can still read that number plate :pac:

Ha ha, my photoshop skills aren't the best in fairness.
    I've never seen one here in red either but I love it.

maddness wrote: »
    Ha ha, my photoshop skills aren't the best in fairness.
    I've never seen one here in red either but I love it.

Did you spec any options? It's lovely. Well wear.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Did you spec any options? It's lovely. Well wear.

No just DSG and Prets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Perfect car for the perfect day :cool:

IMG_4250_zpswoct1nrj.jpg

IMG_4266_zpso6ujotzo.jpg

IMG_4267_zpslrhlgjqd.jpg

I will say though... you can get sunburn with the roof down...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Agh Jaysus will ye fit the pressed plates!!

Car looks well though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

thumb?viewBox=1366

Bought end last year. Stuck a set of Uniroyal Rainsport 3 255/40 R19 on her.
    Needed an OS rear bearing too.

Splendid.

polan wrote: »

Nothing like a bit of Thursday car washing.
    OSI wrote: »
    Obviously the day for washing......

Neighbours? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

First time she got a bit of a polish, I'd say! Got one of those guys that do PDR to take out the few annoying dents that was on it too. Some job that, to in fairness.

F8501DCA594E4BF804F8383293E13DA1082309430CD457E1ABpimgpsh_fullsize_distr_zpswoqmpqkm.jpg

94C590F54A3BD62F26ACFF14E954EDE7468124BAC3BE1D4435pimgpsh_fullsize_distr_zpssm3dfuas.jpg

07C63F6397577AD43C9B60D8670A6ED2011E222A8267EDFC42pimgpsh_fullsize_distr_zps3qe3gmuk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You look to be fairly local to me, where did you get your PDR done?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement