Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just bought this. Plates to be swapped this week. Really enjoying it so far. It is original with ~150hp, over 65mpg back from the UK and 280euro per annum tax.

Actually looking at one of these for my wife at the moment!
    Insurance only €130 more than on her 00 Yaris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

Would love to be driving a 7 series to France, but the S40 will have to do for now!

The flag is perforated so I can actually still see out the back window.....a bit.

Getting the boat on Thursday night and then a dash to Bordeaux.

388772.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

That inside or outside, paint or what?

Lovely volvo btw!

Edit: I take it it's not paint if it's perforated! Very snug fit flag!

Id say it's like what they put on buses for advertising. Black on the inside, coloured on the outside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Certainly one alternative to an "IRL" sticker on the bumper :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

Thanks! It's actually the stuff that's use on the outside of busses, but would normally have a logo on it.

Only issue is that it's not really designed to fit curved surfaces and is very robust, so I ended up getting a few creases in it. Cut to shape with a blade after applying it. Looks grand from a couple of meters back though.

It would probably be stretchable with a heat gun? Not a worry anyway as its not forever

Is it on the inside or outside? Inside job would make bits of the heating element bars wouldn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

That's definitely on the outside since you can't see the black areas near the edges of the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Actually looking at one of these for my wife at the moment!
    Insurance only €130 more than on her 00 Yaris.

What year are you looking at? 5 Doors are hard to find. If you can stretch to 06+ you will benefit from the face-lift which comes with several aesthetic improvements and an unofficially more powerful engine. I managed an indicated average 72MPG (trip) from Cambridge to Liverpool @65MPH the whole way home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

So I had the pleasure of having this for the day yesterday from Hertz Gatwick Airport.
    Prior to getting in it yesterday, I'd never seen one of these before.

Hertz called it a GLS 350, yet the badge on the back says GLE 350d
    (either way it was the nuts, as are most AMG's)

27648515986_a5e15cffa7_c.jpg
    27582787972_3ee8b43398_c.jpg
    27683529925_6be879a519_c.jpg
    27648516726_3dd911450c.jpg

Inside was nothing special, standard Merc fare really, flappy paddles, big screen, but damn those 21" rims!! and of course, sport mode.

27683530975_4895a8c193.jpg
    27683532675_a67818098f.jpg
    27683531945_6a77387d25.jpg

Feels a whole lot grippier than an ML350 as I guess it's quite low in comparison. It also had a button to raise/lower the front end!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I drove behind one of those recently, from a bit back it looks like an Insignia on stilts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

The new whip:D
    388926.jpg

Here are the ladies together.
    388927.jpg
    388928.jpg

That Supra is so stock! Love it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Looks very good, I'd change the front plate though. Just doesn't fit right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

it needs a vinyl front plate!

lovely car :) seen it on donedeal as POA, assumed it would be dreamer money but clearly it mustn't have been too bad?

it needs a vinyl front plate!

lovely car :) seen it on donedeal as POA, assumed it would be dreamer money but clearly it mustn't have been too bad?

It was a dealer and they have been trying to sell it for a while, I saw the POA and remembered what it was going for before, A big chunk of money was knocked off so I was happy out.

It is totally standard, it was imported in 1997 and is a 1 owner car, the guy really looked after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Shlick laaaaad. Well wear!

I think on the wall of my (old) bedroom in my parents' house there's still a poster of a Supra that I took out of Japanese Performance magazine at least 8 years ago. That's at least how long I've wanted one. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Slideways

I sold it tonight. I haz a sad. :(

219CC1AB-3C27-46F7-9D3A-7F4C78F01198.jpg

Did you get what you wanted for it?

• Advertisement

Nah. Market is pretty poor here now. Halved in value over 3.5 years. The lassie that bought it got a hell of a lot of car for the money. The APR stage 1 tune and cold air induction was well over $2k alone. Ah well

Looking at a VR6 Bora tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Awesome Supra well wear with her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The Burren last Sunday afternoon.
    20160612_134258.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,525 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Slideways wrote: »
    I sold it tonight. I haz a sad. :(

Do you get to keep the cool plate for another car? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Gavman's and my own bus at C&C on Sunday.

received_10207002262631113_zpsbbrq7gbw.jpeg

received_10207002262551111_zpsyfhhjzc0.jpeg

received_10207002262591112_zps0fcopw4r.jpeg

received_10207002262671114_zpskknvujlt.jpeg

received_10207002262511110_zpsmj5yz24o.jpeg

Photos courtesy of a friend and yes, new plates for the front are on the way :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

don't know if i'd be too pushed on a front plate. looks very well without it.

if i was to re-fit one i'd be getting a bracket made up to come out through the grille or something tidy like that so i didn't have to leave marks on the bumper from glue or self tappers. it'd have to be a jap pressed plate too, no oblong bull****.

edit: this type of craic;
    screws into the tow eye mounting. have it on when you need it and just screw it out and **** it in the boot when you want to look good.

No-Holes-BMW-License-Bracket.jpg

don't know if i'd be too pushed on a front plate. looks very well without it.

if i was to re-fit one i'd be getting a bracket made up to come out through the grille or something tidy like that so i didn't have to leave marks on the bumper from glue or self tappers. it'd have to be a jap pressed plate too, no oblong bull****.

I agree, I was going to get a towing eye plate holder from the US but it was coming to €100 ex duty and the wait was about 3 weeks. I've ordered two Jap plates one will be taped to to driver side PDC trim, then other as a spare :)

How about a vinyl plate?

shietpilot wrote: »
    How about a vinyl plate?

Never liked them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I agree, I was going to get a towing eye plate holder from the US but it was coming to €100 ex duty and the wait was about 3 weeks. I've ordered two Jap plates one will be taped to to driver side PDC trim, then other as a spare :)

Oh I'll see how that looks and then I may do the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

FN always seems to be an AA van near you at these C&C meets.

FN always seems to be an AA van near you at these C&C meets.

It knows what I drive :pac:

Do you get to keep the cool plate for another car? :D

Yup, it's already on my Landcruiser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

CDD90C02-0FC7-44FB-8F73-05F9270C45C8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Work and play :p
    13417431_1184842718216654_564761074919815651_n.jpg?oh=e3d54129ef4727dffd07f7183c53af88&oe=57DD42A9

• Advertisement

Work and play

Does your car be parked there often, do be up and down that road quite a lot. Might go in and damage it someday :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Flashback Friday :)

389175.jpg

389178.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

27737446925_4d106aab24_c.jpg

27737441485_c9835a6f27_c.jpg

Get off the damn grass!

Maybe it's the picture, but does it have a short arse? Maybe it's because the nose is quite long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Have you looked into the "show plate" ? Im after been trying to find a link to it there as i seen it a few weeks ago. Theyre expensive enough if i remember at circa €150.
    Basically its an electronically controlled plate you press a button it slides out and flips up press it again and it hides itself away(usually between the grill) ive seen them on a few VAG cars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Get off the damn grass!

I used to have a class in college that was beside a field of grass and had tinted windows. A few of the lads thought it would be good craic to open one of the windows a tiny bit and start tapping fellas on the shoulder as they walked past.

Then if we saw a fella go onto the grass instead of the concrete path directly beside the room we would should "Get off the grass!" "Grass walkers!". There was no amount of abuse we wouldn't hurl at fellas that were on the grass and anyone who was off the grass got tapped on the shoulder or prodded with a ruler. The fun all stopped when one fella got sick of this carry on and landed his motorbike helmet in through the window

LawlessBoy wrote: »
    Have you looked into the "show plate" ? Im after been trying to find a link to it there as i seen it a few weeks ago. Theyre expensive enough if i remember at circa €150.
    Basically its an electronically controlled plate you press a button it slides out and flips up press it again and it hides itself away(usually between the grill) ive seen them on a few VAG cars.

I did, my brother keeps saying for me to do it but I really cannot be arsed spending €100-150 on a glorified plate holder :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Mate date xox

35k1tly.jpg

In work :P

KHRNEcM.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Made it to Bordeaux, about 1800km under the belt now, its ridiculous how stable this car is at constant speed, its first real test in 2.5 years.

Lost a flag though! Around the 1200km mark, one of the lads pointed out the windscreen and shouted "its gone!". The plastic flagpole snapped clean in half just above where it was screwed to the metal bracket I made. I was surprised how they lasted for so long at 130kph+ for over 1000km, I doubt the real ones could handle that.

Still have the other one though, the looks we get absolutely everywhere is priceless. :D

car1_zps3fknqkww.jpg~original

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Lost a flag though! Around the 1200km mark, one of the lads pointed out the windscreen and shouted "its gone!". The plastic flagpole snapped clean in half just above where it was screwed to the metal bracket I made.

Yeah, I'd be a bit suspicious of Irish flags going missing from cars in France.

I was working there for about a year in 2009/2010, and the week of the Henry handball, my flag mysteriously liberated itself from the car overnight outside the house I was renting!! (I don't know how the ba$tards did it, but they managed to remove it without breaking the plastic clip thing that sat over the window! so kudos to them for the clean removal)

Exhibit A:
    22563088048_6f8ddc6c45_z.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

You could be right, dunno how we would have missed it snapping off mid drive, could have happened at a service station.

Oddly enough, this came up on my Facebook today from 4 years ago
    image.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Made it to Bordeaux....[/IMG]

Class picture!

Are those the WW2 Nazi submarine pens?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement