Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭davidglanza

Mk2 st focus in its favourite place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

I think of all the golfs the Mk7.5 has the best tail lights in LED guise. But then I just love dynamic indicators anyway :) The car is carrying a far layer of dirt at the moment but its winter that's my excuse :pac:

493734.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,649 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Agreed, Avant's always look well no matter what generation. Audi's always look better in estate form imo.

100% agreed, looks like they pour effort in to the aesthetics of the estate cars and leave the saloons as an afterthought. Could be due to the fact that in mainland Europe estates are the norm and much more popular than saloon cars. Everything from the light clusters, reg positioning, logo and rear window are styled and designed so well. Same with BMW and VW, particularly the Passat.

Edit... some stunning cars posted up here. Great motoring images.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I saw a nicely specced A5 Sportback with LED rear lights but no dynamic indicators,
    I was reminded of the Mark Twain quote:
    ‘A gentleman is someone who knows how to play the banjo and doesn't’

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Saw a 191 Scania with dynamic lights on the trailer yesterday, a meal blower. Looked odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Saw a 191 Scania with dynamic lights on the trailer yesterday, a meal blower. Looked odd.

They ain't that bright either, quite difficult to see in the day time.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

The ones I saw looked too small, like they were designed for a car trailer. Strange as the chassis was made from a top class northern company.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Some yoke to tow lad..

IMG-4156.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Bad form stealing CIP's mirror cap's Boss I see your back on the Tarmac work again....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Them 2.0 TDIs would pull anything!

• Advertisement

Them 2.0 TDIs would pull anything!
    No fog lights, black mirrors probably 1.6

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Gets it moving with ease, stopping is a bit hairy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

colm_mcm wrote: »
    No fog lights, black mirrors probably 1.6

Yep in me culture boss that's where Joe A3's bits went...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

My 95 Aero got a good wash yesterday..

20191026-155703-HDR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

IMG-20190927-130817.jpg

Really enjoying tipping around in this. 88 Corolla Wagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭traco

Summer hobby / toy off the road on Thursday so into hibernation now for the next few months, nice and dry after a good run yesterday. Running real strong but will start gathering parts now for some more preventative maintenance to keep her that way.

Winter weekend project comes out on Friday when its taxed, I'll need a few days to build up to the trauma of handing more cash to revenue for a bit of round paper :(

48979248841_6ce23ec240_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

My new S3...absolutely loving it.

20191030-201109.jpg

20191030-201237.jpg

20191030-201219.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

traco wrote: »
    Summer hobby /]

Is that a 966? Love the wheels on it.

Think it’s a Boxster

I can only tell them apart from behind.

• Advertisement

There’s a big clue on the front

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Wha?????? :pac:

I'll be straight up honest...it took me alot longer than is respectable to get your comment 😋ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭traco

Interslice wrote: »
    Is that a 966? Love the wheels on it.

986 Boxster, poor mans Porsche.

The wheels are from a 987 Boxster, makes it look a bit more modern. Slight different stance and running small spacers at the front. Its over tyred in this set up but fine for road use. I have its original 17's and keep saying I should throw a set of tyres on them for track use but just haven't the time at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

traco wrote: »
    986 Boxster, poor mans Porsche.

I know it's your car but this thing about poor man's Porsche grinds my gears. It's still a Porsche which is a great car and holds its value incredibly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Kinda like someone saying to an Irish woman, nice coat and they reply....."Penny's" :pac:

I get an owner saying it though. But as MM says, it's still a Porsche. Most people have never sat in one, never mind owned one. It's still a rwd, mid engined, 6 pot, NA, petrol Porsche! Fair play to ye running it and enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Shur look you can tell the women you own a Porsche! After that who cares! I think it’s class.

I remember Porsche Challenge on the PS1 22 years ago
    first game you could do a handbrake turn on, all Boxsters

58-FC26-EF-FB0-C-4-CE7-B69-B-00-E488-BBDCD6.jpg

The driving mechanics in that were actually pretty decent from what I remember. For it's day.

• Advertisement

Yeah, those PS1 games haven’t aged well, I got the mini version and I much prefer the Nintendo classic.
    Porsche Challenge was realistic for the time though. Tried playing destruction derby again, couldn’t believe how bad it was.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement