Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Them weeds need spraying!

5mep39.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Class picture!

Are those the WW2 Nazi submarine pens?

Yep, right beside ourm last hotel. The roofs are 9.5 metres thick, obviously not the easiest things to dismantle! Built by 6000 POWs, fairly mindblowing.

The 3000km road trip has just jumped to 4500km, off to Lyon in the morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yep, right beside ourm last hotel. The roofs are 9.5 metres thick, obviously not the easiest things to dismantle! Built by 6000 POWs, fairly mindblowing.

Saint Nazaire by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Nope Bordeaux. I think there's 5 or 6 pens still in existence along the west coast? SN must be another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭tc20

well they say you can't polish a turd but....
    I picked this 02 astra up as the family wagon last August and just treated it to its first clean. Full clay bar, polish & wax job.
    1 owner previous to me, 130k on the clock when I bought it, about 135k now.
    Got the TB done and 4 new tyres. The 1.4 is fairly weedy, (and its an auto)but its mostly just used for tipping around locally.
    I sold my MB190 not long after, but will hopefully return to youngtimer/classic ownership in the not too distant future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

This will be my final picture of the beast, deposit on and will be gone this evening. Sad to see it go but due to tax, running costs and a cut in work hours it forces sale.

2djds2t.jpg

Looking at Mk5 1.6 Golf or Mini Cooper S as replacement for a couple of months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

A 1.6 Golf? feckin hell :D

bear1 wrote: »
    A 1.6 Golf? feckin hell :D

Haha,cheaper tax, fuel costs and 200e less insurance! On way to view now... 1.6 fsi sport 3dr 105hp will let yous know how it is :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

rizzee wrote: »
    This will be my final picture of the beast, deposit on and will be gone this evening. Sad to see it go but due to tax, running costs and a cut in work hours it forces sale.

Looking at Mk5 1.6 Golf or Mini Cooper S as replacement for a couple of months.
    Doubt a Cooper S would be much cheaper to run tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Got my wheels back from Rim Solutions today, very happy with them.

IMAG2648.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

beertons wrote: »
    Got my wheels back from Rim Solutions today, very happy with them.

[url=[/img][/url]

Any close up shots ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

IMAG2649.jpg

Edit the pic out above too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

I've been banned for less :D

The job looks well, good move on the bolt covers :)

That caliper is fair close to the rim!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I'm still in shock at how generous Mazda Ireland were by giving me the press car for my wedding. Anyway today was my time to enjoy it before Friday. So off to Glendalough, the Sally gap and military road we went. Naturally the top was down all the time no matter what the weather. It's a cracking little car to drive, lots of feedback and let's you drive on, nay encourages you to.

20160629_112610.jpg
    20160629_112553.jpg
    20160629_112602.jpg
    20160629_112930.jpg

Naturally I now don't want to give it back.

• Advertisement

Bought it. Needs a tidy up and I'm getting rid of the debadged grill. More pics in next few days

m9sjgy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

rizzee wrote: »
    Bought it. Needs a tidy up and I'm getting rid of the debadged grill. More pics in next few days

Looks like a nice car a few months with you and you'll have it perfect. I actually drove a 1.6 mk5 golf last year and actually really like it the engine suits the car well I though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Dartz

Oh, that was the one in Joe Duffy?

I tried to fit in it and couldn't. It's really built for midgets or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Dartz wrote: »
    Oh, that was the one in Joe Duffy?

I tried to fit in it and couldn't. It's really built for midgets or something.

Get onto Joe about it

CIP4 wrote: »
    Looks like a nice car a few months with you and you'll have it perfect. I actually drove a 1.6 mk5 golf last year and actually really like it the engine suits the car well I though.

Thanks! Bringing it to the garage tomorrow for a full check over.

Once I get the all clear/any work that needs to be done it'll be straight in for tints, German plates, leds and wind deflectors.

2comm1e.jpg

aw6k9v.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What's the extra badge on the boot?

Idiot had an s-line badge on it. The Golf, 1.6 FSI and that badge have since been removed from the back, making it nice and tidy now. Thecar got a good scrub and wax this evening before sunset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭notGill

Do you know what really grinds my gears...

ZxPkVICl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

notGill wrote: »
    Do you know what really grinds my gears...
    Synchro's?? :D:D:D

Ill get my coat....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Bought the GTI about a month ago now, never really got around to taking decent photos. Today I had time to get a proper detail in and time to take a few pics on my phone. (kinda piggybacking on that awesome grafitti in the background... shameless.)

20160703_143622_zpsb14byokz.jpg

20160703_143610-2_zpsssafxkhm.jpg

20160703_143856-1_zpsldn0pvcb.jpg

20160703_145158_HDR_zpsi4ejzcwy.jpg

20160703_144953_zpshlfotntm.jpg

20160703_144341_zpsaovqe5y3.jpg

20160703_145335_zpsefyys6nn.jpg

20160703_144832_zpsatjyy8he.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Beautiful gti

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Walshey96

Haven't posted in this thread as of yet, here's a pic of my recently bought 2010 Passat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Apologies for the heavy "Right Price Cars" content about to be posted.

It was actually a really pleasant buying experience. Saleman was very nice, couldn't do enough. These guys seem to get a mixed bag of reviews but so far I reckon I rate them. Warranty coverage etc remains to be seen but hopefully I just wont need it.

Civic ES, for those who missed the thread. Nice few goodies in it.

IMG_20160702_WA0008.jpg

IMG_20160702_WA0003.jpg

IMG_20160702_WA0004.jpg

the bumper shine stuff they sell in Dealz is actually great for the wheel arch plastics. Never got around to buying the proper stuff for mine.

Car looks very tidy.

Is that a 7 on the start of the price tag?

Are they suede seats? Look comfy as feck

• Advertisement

They're not alcantara or suede but a very short pile velour for want of a better description. The look suede-ish in real life.

image.jpg

Comfort wise they're good depending on the driver. There's no adjustable lumbar support, and the seat base is a little short or not angled high enough at the front for long legs, but I find them alright. Not amazing on a long journey.

Must try that bumper shine, I was only thinking that keeping those arches black would be a right PITA!

Yeah, that's a 7, followed by a 450. As soon as we sat down to talk the 450 was dropped by the salesman, bought it for 6600 in the end.

They've had it over a month afaik. 1.8 on the old tax and automatic so probably not the most desirable. It is low mileage, one owner, full history etc etc all the same so worth it to me. There's plenty out there for under 6k with twice the mileage and 4 times the owners.

They has 2 other 07's there asking 6950 each for 1.4's, but i'd say the 1.4 would be no use for what I want.

Seats look like proper dust/ dirt magnets imo. I was blessed with pleather in the Celica. There was never any dust or the likes on the interior.

Jaysus, when it think what I paid for my 07 4 years ago :D

Must try that bumper shine, I was only thinking that keeping those arches black would be a right PITA!

Gtenciq c4 or something like that, is the proper bumper restorer. Costs something like 40 for a small enough bottle, but I'm told it goes a long way. Lasts for 2 years too.

Probably similar money was it?

Was kind of thinking the car market is a bit skewed when you can ask €7500 for a non exciting model 10 year old Civic.

I bought it when most of the country was in financial turmoil. Same with the i30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Honey, I shrunk the Nissan :D

From this:
    390640.JPG

To that:
    390641.JPG
    390642.JPG
    390643.JPG
    390644.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I thought you were dead!!! You were the man who started in bangeromics thread back in 09..

Truckermal wrote: »
    I thought you were dead!!!

I'm not THAT old yet :D
    nice to be remembered for something all the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Probably similar money was it?

Was kind of thinking the car market is a bit skewed when you can ask €7500 for a non exciting model 10 year old Civic.

Paid slightly less for mine than your final price last October with 70k km on it, one owner, and NCT until 2017...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

peasant wrote: »
    I'm not THAT old yet :D
    nice to be remembered for something all the same

Unkel reckons I'm 79 so your not far off...:P:P

Last I heard from you was years ago when you had that VW camper..

Truckermal wrote: »

Last I heard from you was years ago when you had that VW camper..

SYNCRO, Syncro ...

...and that's why ...kinda hard to tell interesting stories about a Nissan :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Honey, I shrunk the Nissan :D
    I've had a mad horn for a big dirty YD Pathfinder since I've started working for Nissan, those later X-Trails are always surprisingly nice too though, that's the moddle with the Bose sound system and the lot, big dirty sub in the boot?

They're a very decent motor, well wear!

..... bought it for 6600 in the end........

Can't complain all things (mileage, condition, auto etc) considered.
    With the miles you intend putting up on it you'll get great value from it. Happy motoring.

CianRyan wrote: »
    I've had a mad horn for a big dirty YD Pathfinder since I've started working for Nissan, those later X-Trails are always surprisingly nice too though, that's the moddle with the Bose sound system and the lot, big dirty sub in the boot?

They're a very decent motor, well wear!
    Sadly no Bose sound system ...but pretty much everything else.

(and Thanks)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Sadly no Bose sound system ...but pretty much everything else.

(and Thanks)

I was admiring your new car so much that I went to carzone to see what was available.
    It looks like a nice one, best of luck with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

my latest acquisition

FKnImME.jpg

swapped it for the yellow Ibiza

Look at you Vidal Sasoon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Nice one nd, I'd say you get the better end of the deal there :P That should sell easily enough for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Yeah I was a but suspicious tbh why she wanted to swap. Came all the way from gort (to county Limerick) and all. But her insurance was gone crazy and she just wanted something cheap to insure, run ect.:)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement