Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Not mine but too nice not to share, my workmates freshly painted supra today.
    I posted a picture of it probably a year ago here when it was standard, come a long way since then! Beautifull car.

H4QJXJk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Truckermal wrote: »
    Unkel reckons I'm 79 so your not far off...:P:P

Last I heard from you was years ago when you had that VW camper..

Green yolk with a lift kit. Them syncros are class machines. Looked a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

So the wee Puglet has been in flying form of late. Since her lick of paint last month, it's gone a full month without a single thing breaking. Thats fair bloody going hahaha As a reward, I took a mad notion one day last week and deceided to take a dip into motorsport competition and go out Autotesting. Didnt expect to be the only eejit arriving in their own road car ready to compete, but sher we gave it a go. Couple hours later, and very dizzy myself from spinning round cones (King of The Cone has noting on this craic), one very badly broken arch liner was the only casulty. Too much of allowing the car to get it's lean on I suppose. Thought I was all cool billowing tyre smoke, but less so when it was the car burning itself hahaha

27464668203_80faec3537_c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

CianDon, do you park occasionally around UCC? I love that car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Finishing touches are on the car now... Took 3 weeks to get the 100W HID ballasts for the fogs.

vrhdbZk.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

I think the next time you see someone defending putting subtle tints on headlights your best course of action would be to bite your tongue and close the topic people in glass houses and all that , HID in the fogs and headlights? FFS.

:D:rolleyes:

tossy wrote: »
    I think the next time you see someone defending putting subtle tints on headlights your best course of action would be to bite your tongue and close the topic people in glass houses and all that , HID in the fogs and headlights? FFS.

:D:rolleyes:

They're some serious HIDs laaad, I can see 10 mile down the road for the checkpoints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Dazzling :P.
    daz·zling
    ˈdaz(ə)liNG/
    adjective
    adjective: dazzling

extremely bright, especially so as to blind the eyes temporarily.
    "the sunlight was dazzling" "the hids blinded me t'fuc"
    synonyms: bright, blinding, glaring, brilliant
    "the sunlight was dazzling"
    extremely impressive, beautiful, or skillful.
    "a dazzling display of football"
    synonyms: impressive, remarkable, extraordinary, outstanding, exceptional; More

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

You'll be seen, i'll give you that!

You'll be seen, i'll give you that!

HiVisJacket_large.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

What... dafuq? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

shietpilot wrote: »
    Finishing touches are on the car now... Took 3 weeks to get the 100W HID ballasts for the fogs.

Great. Another person blinding me on the road with aftermarket HIDs.

Ah lads, it was only a Photoshop. Sorry :( Here's the real car
    With the pressed plates :o

mTIx0uN.jpg

3uRst4Q.jpg

Bastard :pac:

Those super bright HIDs kill my eyes, they turn my contact lenses to dust. Don't ever mind what a fella does to his car because it doesn't affect me...except those fücking lights!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Hahaha the sunstrip should have been a give away. Savage vitriol reserved for the 100w hid fogs (deservedly so in fairness) but tinting headlamps and making your rear lights look like a 40year old sacred heart picture bulb is OK apparently lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

So my Golf that I bought last week has gone back to previous owner. Absolute disaster. Needed the timing chain replaced, brake disks and pads, bonnet locking and cable, window reg was going and a few other things. Hats off to the seller who was completely apologetic and sincere about it and took it back with no complaints.

Bought a 06 2L Hyundai Tucson tonight, 85k miles, new brakes and pads on the front, belt done 20k kms ago, fully serviced yesterday. Absolute mint condition not one dent on it. Getting its NCT the weekend and a full valet, plus i've 6 months warranty on it. 2100e, from my own mechanic too which is handy and gives me a complete peace of mind for the time being. Pictures to follow.

You got me lol.I thought the window visor was a photoshop job alright but the fogs are convincing, well done. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

rizzee wrote: »
    So my Golf that I bought last week has gone back to previous owner. Absolute disaster. Needed the timing chain replaced, brake disks and pads, bonnet locking and cable, window reg was going and a few other things. Hats off to the seller who was completely apologetic and sincere about it and took it back with no complaints.

Bought a 06 2L Hyundai Tucson tonight, 85k miles, new brakes and pads on the front, belt done 20k kms ago, fully serviced yesterday. Absolute mint condition not one dent on it. Getting its NCT the weekend and a full valet, plus i've 6 months warranty on it. 2100e, from my own mechanic too which is handy and gives me a complete peace of mind for the time being. Pictures to follow.

ah that sucks! at least you got it sorted now in the end - quite surprised that the previous owner took it back, he didn't really have to. Seems he should have spent more money on general maintenance rather than side skirts, debadged bumpers, and RS4 stickers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,537 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Z plate might get your locked up :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

ah that sucks! at least you got it sorted now in the end - quite surprised that the previous owner took it back, he didn't really have to. Seems he should have spent more money on general maintenance rather than side skirts, debadged bumpers, and RS4 stickers.

Haha that's true. We had a verbal agreement that i would get the car checked over with my mechanic and if anything major was wrong or costly he could pay for repair or I could bring it back and he stuck to his word. Some sound people out there.

The Z plate might get your locked up :pac:.

The photo with the Z-plate is also a Photoshop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

My Galaxy S2 is getting crap at photos, Need to upgrade.

supra0.jpg
    supra0p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

No matter what phone you use Chris to take photos.. That Supra will always look savage.. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

The typeface used for the word Supra is superb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

CianRyan wrote: »
    The typeface used for the word Supra is superb.

I agree, I also like that steering wheel with the cover. If I was you Chris I would not change it but then again that is my preference and not yours and you will be the one looking at it every time you get into your car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

whats the auto box like in them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

27 years old and it's about to turn over the big milestone... Another evening :D

Will it void my warranty or will the car blow up! :P
    27543180244_c181e861ab_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

IMG_20160707_202818_zpsxfx4enpk.jpg

IMG_20160707_202835_zpswwk4ur29.jpg

brembo26 wrote: »
    whats the auto box like in them?

the box is good, but the secret is to turn overdrive off, this makes the car feel much faster.

I agree, I also like that steering wheel with the cover. If I was you Chris I would not change it but then again that is my preference and not yours and you will be the one looking at it every time you get into your car.

I would always know it was worn under the cover, i ordered the new wheel yesterday so will see how i get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I would always know it was worn under the cover, i ordered the new wheel yesterday so will see how i get on.

Beautiful car I love the interior especially the wheel.

Ok so not my car, but these bad boys will be on my touring in the morning! I can't ****ing wait!

391204.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Ok so not my car, but these bad boys will be on my touring in the morning! I can't ****ing wait!

Those the ones that were in FB two or so weeks ago? Love them, Rondells are next on my list :D

Those the ones that were in FB two or so weeks ago? Love them, Rondells are next on my list :D

The very ones FN. I got a good offer on the 19" Tigerclaws so I had to get the Rondells, they're not to everyones taste but I think the gold will go well with the grey...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Had arranged to pick it up at 2pm today, thought that was a nice touch when I arrived :)

IMG_20160709_130048.jpg

Had arranged to pick it up at 2pm today, thought that was a nice touch when I arrived :)

So are you Hondafanboi now ? Or maybe Just Japanesefanboi :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Controvertial move from Toyota to Honda in fairness, think i'll stick with TFB though :)

Last pic, then i'll shut up about it!

IMG_20160710_200315.jpg

They're a decent enough car. I did my driving lessons in one except it was a 1.4. Good luck with it! :) The Glanza needs more love though :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Great car. Just sold mine to my brother with 160k miles on the clock, and plenty of life left in it.

It changed over to the magical milestone :) Is my warranty void now? :P

28160282841_b227f8933e_b.jpg

A truly crackin pair of cars :cool::cool::cool:
    27622541454_3558aa3ba1_b.jpg

• Advertisement

That Merc, is she welded? :pac:

That Merc, is she welded? :pac:

Never, ever again on a daily driver!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Bought 6 weeks ago

Edit : can anyone tell me how to post so pic shows up direct? Not very up to date on that!

Never, ever again on a daily driver!!!

Ah but think of all the 11's you could do :P

Ah but think of all the 11's you could do :P

They don't have the power for that :P no fun in straight lines anyway ;)

They don't have the power for that :P no fun in straight lines anyway ;)

Straight sideways lines :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Bought 6 weeks ago

Edit : can anyone tell me how to post so pic shows up direct? Not very up to date on that!

391421.jpg

Wow, thanks so much Shannon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Lovely golf, what felt is she ;)

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Lovely golf, what felt is she ;)

131 1.6 TDI, UK Import. I don't actually know what 'what felt is she' means so I'm just guessing here! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement