Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

So really what you're saying is it hasn't been cleaned since it left the factory

Ssshh...How did you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

looks like rain ted.

20160719_203330.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

temp_zpscisgay9x.jpg~original

Was 27.5°C at one stage, phoarr...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Nice smiles per mile on that yoke! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

My first diesel purchase.

yFXU5KB.jpg

*wanted to try learn a bit more about diesels and their servicing ect*

Time for the obligatory diesel car question: Does she boooo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Nope, was wondering that myself on the way down to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

9l9b1f.jpg

First quick wash of bangernomics Saab. Have an idea of what it needs so going to be looked at the week after next.

Found out today that the alloys are called "Hammerhead". What a brilliant name for a wheel :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

That a Mayo reg I see?

That a Mayo reg I see?

Indeed you do see! First owner in Ireland in 2006 was in Mullany(?) in Mayo I think? He had it for 8 years and kept the most comprehensive service history I have ever seen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

166man wrote: »
    Indeed you do see! First owner in Ireland in 2006 was in Mullany(?) in Mayo I think? He had it for 8 years and kept the most comprehensive service history I have ever seen!

Mulranny I'd say, out oneside of Achill.

Was 27.5°C at one stage, phoarr...

In Cork yesterday

[IMG][/img]IMG_1423_zpsew9szljo.jpg

2 cylinder mode? Fancy :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Picked her up yesterday. I'm a bollocks for rotating pictures , I'll learn one day

14iinbm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Took these under the LED lights in work the other evening so sorry for quality.
    Would like to change the rep wheels for something else as the lips are flaking with some damage but im hopeing to change cars next Aug.

13781996_10153710301727747_6468648405153028378_n.jpg?oh=6fba46da4cc9ae5975bd6e8d35e54c8d&oe=58285265&__gda__=1474952657_6c11db9c2a5c3f962ff4e53ecd6a379f

shietpilot wrote: »
    2 cylinder mode? Fancy :P

Car shuts down two cylinders to save on fuel supposedly. Or else it just displays it and nothing actually happens.

My fiat used to do that 15 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

2 weeks in tomorrow. Have put 2k kms on the car in that time. the poor thing doesn't know what's hit it, it had only done 3k kms since it's NCT in October '15.

Loving how it looks, loving it's fuel economy, loving it in generally really. the biggest downsides are that the factory stereo is pretty **** and I don't really care for music etc, but the speakers are terrible, that and ishift is just on the borderline of being acceptable, it's "fine". I think if I never knew it was an automated manual but thought it was a torque converter instead that I would be enjoying it a little more but at the moment i'm always trying not to do stuff to harm the clutch.

had the wheels off this evening and to my surprise, the rear brake disc stone guards are red rotten, literally crumbling in my hand. otherwise it all seems nice and tidy underneath.

aaaaaaaaanyway, a photo.

IMG_20160710_200333.jpg

OEM 17's and she'll be a fine job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Like an SMT MR2, don't worry about the clutch at all. Just be happy to let it do it's own thing even if you think it's a bit abusive. I'm sure it'll be fine!!! As I say, it'll either be fine or it won't, no sense in worrying about it:p

Glad you like it and hopefully it's good to you. They really don't look like anything else on the road, I really like them for that reason.

In my own news, I have made arrangements to buy 2 new cars over the last little while. I don't have pictures of either yet but hopefully I will soon. Should be able to get pictures of one tomorrow anyway. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

2 weeks in tomorrow. Have put 2k kms on the car in that time. the poor thing doesn't know what's hit it, it had only done 3k kms since it's NCT in October '15.

Loving how it looks, loving it's fuel economy, loving it in generally really. the biggest downsides are that the factory stereo is pretty **** and I don't really care for music etc, but the speakers are terrible, that and ishift is just on the borderline of being acceptable, it's "fine". I think if I never knew it was an automated manual but thought it was a torque converter instead that I would be enjoying it a little more but at the moment i'm always trying not to do stuff to harm the clutch.

had the wheels off this evening and to my surprise, the rear brake disc stone guards are red rotten, literally crumbling in my hand. otherwise it all seems nice and tidy underneath.

aaaaaaaaanyway, a photo.

The disk guards are such a load of ****e on the Civic. I had mine 2 months and one exploded on me, and crumbled to dust since. Only replaced it recently because it failed the NCT. Gotta say the brakes have been the only problem for my one, and hopefully not even that any more since I got the caliper replaced. Engine is nigh-on indestructible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

20160722_212032.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

So I picked this up recently and it passed the nct today. It's on a different level from the golf that I am used to, but in a good way. Lovely mechanical involved driving. No ABS or TC and skinny little tyres. Everything is very simple in it and I really like it so far. It's great fun :)

2016_07_22_23_37_48.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

That looks a very tidy looking e30.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Bought a new toy today!

vintagevrs wrote: »
    So I picked this up recently and it passed the nct today. It's on a different level from the golf that I am used to, but in a good way. Lovely mechanical involved driving. No ABS or TC and skinny little tyres. Everything is very simple in it and I really like it so far. It's great fun :)

Perfection! I hope you keep it as standard as it is on the outside. Non of that stance look. Good luck with it, mad jelly.

• Advertisement

Cheers

Yeah I like the non sport, small wheel standard look so that's the plan. In fairness the photo makes it look in better shape than it is. The paint is tired so a fresh paint job will help it. The interior is in very good condition and doesn't need anything really. Iv a list of things I want to sort on it, so should keep me interested for a while yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I'd love an E30. What engine? I had an e36 320i about 10 years ago and I still miss it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Beautiful car. Sheer elegance in its simplicity.

Every so often I think that as petrol heads we drive a car or have a motoring experience that really reminds us why we love cars and the whol experience of driving on a great road.

Had one myself last night. Borrowed QV's Alfa GTV for the weekend as he wanted the Mercedes. Asked him what the mileage limit was for the weekend and he said "none" so the tank was filled and I hit the road for one of those lovely late night drives.

Went Dublin-Malahide-Newry (Via old M1)-Monaghan-Cavan-Athlone-Dublin. 240~ miles total. Mostly back roads where I could.

What a sweet little machine. 20 years old and 180k miles on the clock. It's runs so well and while the engine isn't going to win any races it just pushes you to go that little bit quicker in the bends. The steering is so sharp and grip seems endless.

Really reminded me why I love driving. :cool:

1j2dl5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Baxtard, certainly hadn't that in mind when I said none :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭NN1

My latest purchase! Absolutely loving it so far. Stole a pic from the ad as I'm about halfway through cleaning it, it's covered in tar!

No it's not tfb's old car :-)

http://imgur.com/gallery/cw7nh

[img]]http://imgur.com/cw7nh.jpg[/img]Completely forgot how to upload a pic from imgur properly, sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Cheers

Yeah I like the non sport, small wheel standard look so that's the plan. In fairness the photo makes it look in better shape than it is. The paint is tired so a fresh paint job will help it. The interior is in very good condition and doesn't need anything really. Iv a list of things I want to sort on it, so should keep me interested for a while yet.

what engine did you go for? looks class from the outside keep it that way please! i ran several mk2 gti 16vs and e30s at the same time and found them to be the perfect partners :D

my much loved 318is
    217113_1859276914449_5674698_n.jpg

my sexy swchwartz black metallic 16v:D
    208782_1859277114454_5826422_n.jpg

The 318is is meant to be the pick of them, baby m3 if set up right. This I my first step into one of these, it's got a m20b25 in it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

The 318is is meant to be the pick of them, baby m3 if set up right. This I my first step into one of these, it's got a m20b25 in it :)

you will kill a 318is in most ways and esp that romantic howling 6cyl :cool:

best of luck with her and keep her between the ditches as they say:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

I have a 318is... it's more powerful than the 6cyl 2 litre and of course lighter. I plan to replace the front bushings with the m3 eccentric ones. Other than that just front/rear lights and indicators (all black). Got the rear spoiler already, the lip spoiler that was on it was in bad condition. Maybe different back box, now it sounds a bit too boyracerish to my taste.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

aaaaaaaaanyway, a photo.

MOD: picture removed

Hi.

What don't you like about the ishift ?
    What do you have to do to not harm the clutch ?

MOD: Have a look at the title. See you in 24h.

Yeah! GvidoR got his picture ban wings :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

So finally a few recent pics of the Crx

[IMG][/img]RrpseiX.jpg

[IMG][/img]T9UvzoG.jpg

[IMG][/img]aujPWew.jpg

[IMG][/img]mXnm7yY.jpg

[IMG][/img]YCPZgIG.jpg

Still a few little jobs left to do but am really happy with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

They are a really nice car. The styling has aged very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

166man wrote: »
    Every so often I think that as petrol heads we drive a car or have a motoring experience that really reminds us why we love cars and the whol experience of driving on a great road.

Had one myself last night. Borrowed QV's Alfa GTV for the weekend as he wanted the Mercedes. Asked him what the mileage limit was for the weekend and he said "none" so the tank was filled and I hit the road for one of those lovely late night drives.

Went Dublin-Malahide-Newry (Via old M1)-Monaghan-Cavan-Athlone-Dublin. 240~ miles total. Mostly back roads where I could.

What a sweet little machine. 20 years old and 180k miles on the clock. It's runs so well and while the engine isn't going to win any races it just pushes you to go that little bit quicker in the bends. The steering is so sharp and grip seems endless.

Really reminded me why I love driving. :cool:

1j2dl5.jpg

Just for you, I was driving this along the Amalfi coast last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Slideways

I had one at the same time as a comfortline MkIV Golf. Used to take the beemer for long trips as it was more comfortable

If you get the ticking noise in the car shove a piece of bluetac into the steering column shaft at the steering wheel, almost kills it completely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

13744045_272142963158294_2131985687_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTMwMTUxMDYzMjE0Njk1NjQ0Mw%3D%3D.2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Not to belittle the death of a living thing, but I cant believe my mam hadn't noticed she was driving around like this.

IMG_20160724_213950.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Remove the bird before the smell sets in, it's rather strong

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CorkMan_

So finally a few recent pics of the Crx

Gorgeous car. Love the originality of yours. It's on my list of cars to own one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Lovely CRX. Can't beat a good SiR..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

CorkMan_ wrote: »
    Gorgeous car. Love the originality of yours. It's on my list of cars to own one day.

Thanks CorkMan ,have been trying to track down oem parts for the last while alright and have being doing ok.There still is parts available for them both new and second hand anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Picked up this old timer at the weekend, gave it a quick enough clean this evening, just waiting until I can get a full day at it!

It's not perfect but it's in damn good nick for a 25 year old motor, 140k miles & good mechanical order, fully original bar the head unit it seems, came with test & tax too - can't say it needs anything immediately so that's good - if not a little boring :P

20160727_211755.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Great find - nice work dude! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Got my new daily, it flipping fun.
    392938.jpg
    392939.jpg
    392940.jpg
    392941.jpg
    392942.jpg

a lot of bits will have to go before its next NCT(tint, wheels that stick out, super loud decat exhaust, HID light) but it is super clean inside and out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement