Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Lovely e92, best of luck with it?

How does it compare the the e46 so far?

Lovely e92, best of luck with it?

How does it compare the the e46 so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭td2008

Cheers :) Definitely a step up in power over the e46, the noise is also ridiculous , it has a hayward & scott exhaust, actually hope it passes the nct!
    Good bit more comfortable too, has edc which seems to work well, my e46 was very rough with the intrax springs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

td2008 wrote: »
    Cheers :) Definitely a step up in power over the e46, the noise is also ridiculous , it has a hayward & scott exhaust, actually hope it passes the nct!
    Good bit more comfortable too, has edc which seems to work well, my e46 was very rough with the intrax springs

What? Not sure if you are being sarcastic but how does a 2 ltr diesel have more power than a e46 M3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

What? Not sure if you are being sarcastic but how does a 2 ltr diesel have more power than a e46 M3?

Look at the bonnet of that E92 that's a little clue as to what's underneath it.

Well wear td fine car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Sold my e46 m3 last week - what a car. This thing is awesome though

http://i65.tinypic.com/28w06rd.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/2e2r0a8.jpg

You fvcken pr!ck :(

It's absolutely gorgeous!!!

Yeah I drove an e46 m3 once and found it quite harsh/crashy, but I was coming from a softly sprung car at the time which prob made it worse. That engine in the e92 is a peach, 8.2k rpm from 8 cylinders is nuts. I only recently found out its basically the same engine as the v10 with two less cylinders. Numbers add up as it's a 4l instead of a 5l, 8 cylinders instead of 10 and 400bhp vs 500bhp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

The remaining contents of our 1 bed cottage.

Endless bags of clothing, tv, boxes of ornaments and junk belonging to mrs. Fanoboi, a bathroom cabinet, more bags of clothing, all kitchen stuff, kettle, toaster, iron, more bags of clothing, foor puff, dog bed, more clothing, draught excluder, canvases and all the other ****e ou cacumilate...

IMG_20160820_225035.jpg

Absolutely no ****ing no problem what so ****ing ever!
    IMG_20160821_151125.jpg

No wonder it was Irish car of the year 2007 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    My new toy! She aint fast but she makes a lot of noise (9500 RPM) and is great fun to drive. Camera takes crappy photos as the colour in the photos look dull but the paintwork is perfect and very bright red.

Wow LIGHTNING love that Beat.
    We could have a tiny Honda meet only for all the controversy it would cause!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    My new toy! She aint fast but she makes a lot of noise (9500 RPM) and is great fun to drive. Camera takes crappy photos as the colour in the photos look dull but the paintwork is perfect and very bright red.
    ]

Wear well lighting,,! Class little cars I have 2 friends with 2 beats each so if your looking for any parts or tips I can PM them. . Both of them drove around mondello on track days so you might have noticed them. . , can't link on my phone but if you search Honda beat on the desktop site you will find my last photos in an earlier version of this thread! 12 mths ish

Love that Beat!

First milestone in the lawnmower today :)

IMG_20160821_174322.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

First milestone in the lawnmower today :)

Mine has gone a further distance, and my phone camera is worse than yours...

Taken yesterday, gave up trying to explain to the wife why I wanted a picture on exactly 100,000km....

You're revving yours a bit are you?
    9gajw9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Mines about to hit 123456

Temp sensor gone TFB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I've never had a car new enough to get the elusive 80085 milage...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Those Beats are mad craic altogether. And that looks like a nice one. Well may you wear Sir. :)

Impressed at the Civic boot space. :eek:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

rizzodun wrote: »
    You're revving yours a bit are you?

Yeah... just revving... that's the one :pac:
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    Mines about to hit 123456

Temp sensor gone TFB?

The kilometers go nowhere, think there was 83k on it when i got it 5 weeks ago. And yeah, temp sensor is bunched, google says it's a handy fix, but effort.

Quite happy just driving it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

There are at least 2 beats round limerick, yellow and silver. And a yellow suzuki cappuccino. Always nice to see something different :-)

Haven't seen any of them in a while though, insurance might just be impossible for some people these days. Although very close to where one beat used to park there is now a GT86 which would kinda work as a modern replacement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Yeah... just revving... that's the one :pac:

Passenger seat then, got ya :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

You guys are only warming up those Civics ;-) This was mine just before I sold it, and that's in miles.

http://i.imgur.com/JiypeAJ.jpg

• Advertisement

GoodHow did you get that screen to be so clear?

Good to see everyone has their cruise control primed also :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

GoodHow did you get that screen to be so clear?

Good to see everyone has their cruise control primed also :P

I gave it the odd dusting and that helped, but I also rubbed also the purple stuff off it because it looked awful from the passenger side :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Did a 2BM wash today, hoovered inside, washed the mats, cleaned windows inside and out, removed the Ford dealership sticker from rear window and applied a Viva La Vlog replacement :P

58gZ7Q4.jpg

OWigapo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Sound for that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Noooo not Griffiths Motor Group! How will they get their free publicity now?!? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Heres mine (the Blue Mazda). Imagine the driving fun I had when I finished my meeting in town the other day to find someone had decided to park rather close behind me.
    I mean, really???Leh7XI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Did you have to wait for said person to come back or was there enough room in front to get out, that's just irrrrritating that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I'd have made sure they didn't have a bumper left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

untitled_6.png

My neighbour seriously yanking my chain on his fuel L/100km, mine uses this idling. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Great beat, you should show everyone how mad the interior pattern is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

2ibhkq1.jpg

Hitting the road at the end of the month which will be fantastic. Got new wheels, four new GoodYears and a thorough polish.

Not bad for 15 years old!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Great beat, you should show everyone how mad the interior pattern is.

Zebra skin ftw !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

166man wrote: »
    Hitting the road at the end of the month which will be fantastic. Got new wheels, four new GoodYears and a thorough polish.

I remember when they were released and a friends old man was one of the first to get a demo one for a weekend,a fine car. There was an Alfa 33 in that family too that we commandeered as our car and young lads being young lads we nearly killed ourselves in it one night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭pm.

Almost 20k on the clock now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Can't help but feel you're copying me :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

How you finding it I have a 162 TDI and find it has loads of torque for 150 BHP plus it handles very well, They made a nice job of the interior this time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭pm.

Truckermal wrote: »
    How you finding it I have a 162 TDI and find it has loads of torque for 150 BHP plus it handles very well, They made a nice job of the interior this time..

Love it can't really fault it tbh, it is a bit thirsty when the right foot is heavy but that's to be expected. I'm getting around 9k before I have to fill up the ad blue. I am missing some of the toys I had on the superb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

11026150_10156109653755106_8636336725773320969_o.jpg

Mrs Alfa Beta a little bit happy with her new wheels!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Nice! :)

Skimmed or full fat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Big Nasty wrote: »

Skimmed or full fat?

You can't ask a man a question like that about his missus!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Truckermal wrote: »

Eh., did you not get an a4 last year too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

Skimmed or full fat?

Camaro 2lt (a 3.5litre V6) - so not the big 5+litre V8 job, but still plenty of poke and sounds great when you put the foot down.

Close, but no cigar.

OSI wrote: »
    To be honest I found the V8 very underwhelming for the horrendous fuel economy it returned.

Depends on where you live. I wonder how many ecoboost Mustangs are sold in the U.S. In comparison to the 8-pot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Depends on where you live. I wonder how many ecoboost Mustangs are sold in the U.S. In comparison to the 8-pot.

Most of 'em appear to be poverty spec rentals. I had a go in the mustang and really underwhelmed by the 2.3T. On paper it seems great but the reality was it was uneconomical, unrefined and generally slow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Most of 'em appear to be poverty spec rentals. I had a go in the mustang and really underwhelmed by the 2.3T. On paper it seems great but the reality was it was uneconomical, unrefined and generally slow.

For full on unpleasantness you need a go-pro, and "california here we come" playing on the radio while you queue to drive down Lombard Street in San Francisco

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Baraics Pollox

Time for something a bit more geriatric.

Paid very little for this runaround and have to say, despite being 19 years old it's in great shape. Learned to drive in one so always had a soft spot for their dependability and although they do nothing in a hurry they're comfortable to slouch around in.

Just gave it a clean up today and removed the rear "Opel" and "Astra" badges (we all know what it is). Also mocked up a set of Cavalier SRi fanblades to see what it'd look like. I think they'd be a big improvement and seeing as I have 2 sets (the other is for the Cav) I may as well. Will probably throw a set of lowering springs in for craic and have it sitting nice in it's old man glory.

IMG_20160824_153436_zpsumogcdt5.jpg
    IMG_20160824_153451_zps1pkauo7l.jpg
    IMG_20160824_140031_zpspz1douir.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Nice one! New daily is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Baraics Pollox

Nice one! New daily is it?

It is indeed! You shall probably see it floating about the area in no time :P

Have to do a wheel speed sensor on the beemer and sell that on. It is a lovely car but just never quite gelled with it. I'm much happier in an old Slowpel.

So if anyone is on the lookout for a 318is E36 feel free to message me as it'll be another while before it ends up on dungdeal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Cool, yeah I'll have to get a look at it when I see it :P

Fanblades would look class too imo!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement