Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭davidglanza

20160526_183039_zpscdwhtyjr.jpg
    My sn95 mustang 5.0 v8

TSkmmNv_zpsvui6nin4.jpg
    Another pic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I was not expecting that from your username...:P

Awesome awesome car. Idk what it is but American cars of any description in the last year have been so strangely alluring..

Had a glanza bout 15 years ago lol ...
    Have had a few American cars since then..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Love that 106. Don't see many about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Had a glanza bout 15 years ago lol ...
    Have had a few American cars since then..:D

Is that the only America car you've now? Always liked that stang since watching twins years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

All it would take would be a clean up of the headlights on that Mustang and you'd swear it was a 2007 and not a 97. Looks like you've kept it really well, fair play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

On the right, a really perished (probably original with 138,000 miles) 206 valve cover gasket, on the right, some crappy instant gasket that a previous owner used rather than spending less than a tenner on the new gasket.

I never done a job like this before and it took me less than an hour, the most of that time removing that red crap from the valve head.

I really don't understand why someone didn't take the way simpler option and just change the gasket when they already had the valve cover off.

Resisted painting the cover red, white and blue while it was off!

2quoxt1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    Love that 106. Don't see many about.

Thanks :) still a good few little things to be done to it but I love it.

bear1 wrote: »
    Is that the only America car you've now? Always liked that stang since watching twins years ago.

Ya its the only one i have right now i had 3 camaros.. a chevy silverado.. a mercury cougar.. dodge dakota..

• Advertisement

dar83 wrote: »
    All it would take would be a clean up of the headlights on that Mustang and you'd swear it was a 2007 and not a 97. Looks like you've kept it really well, fair play!
    Thanks dude...
    its actually a 95 ford mustang the fella i bought it off regestered it as 97 for some reason but i have all the paper work here if i want to change to 95..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Finally got around to removing these horrible lexus lights off my 106 gti:

Replaced with oem lights:

Looks so much better now. :) next job is to fit the front spots.

Delighted that people are restoring classics back to their original state lately, those 106's are little gems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Vicxas wrote: »
    Delighted that people are restoring classics back to their original state lately, those 106's are little gems.

Yeah my one was in a bad enough way... The Lexus lights, parcel shelf has huge holes cut out from big speakers that I immediately threw away, a big ugly wood screw is holding on one of the side skirts, the tint on the back windows isn't great, bonnet needs to be resprayed etc. But it's really satisfying restoring it bit by bit and seeing it return to its original state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

Following up from my last post, if a BMW main dealer mechanic tells you that the grinding sound coming from the brakes of the car he just serviced is a "characteristic" of the car and not the pads needing to be changed, politely ask him to check again.
    Replaced the pads myself, old very worn rears on the right, brand new pad on the left.

K9hfouX.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Lads, there is a thread for when you have done work on your car here, with pics and feedback from other DIYers
    Today I did something to my car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

biko wrote: »
    Lads, there is a thread for when you have done work on your car here, with pics and feedback from other DIYers
    Today I did something to my car

So there is!!

Feel free to move my post in that case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Picked up my new wheels yesterday. Completely over the top, but meh. It's gonna be fun :)
    20161003_180138_zpsexwnbtms.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What's that? A Fortuner or something?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What's that? A Fortuner or something?

yep, fortuner. they're only new to the market here in NZ in the last year and not selling well (ute is king) so got a really decent price on it.

It's basically a 7 seat hilux, underneath is same chassis and running gear and media setup though interior is as different as exterior overall. Apparently they're really popular in Sth America and S Africa. Sort of a resurrection of the old Hilux Surf IMO.
    Launched here to compete with the Ford Everest and 7 seat SUV version of the Holden Colarado.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Looks like the body of a Landcruiser with the nose from the facelifted RAV4 we have here.

• Advertisement

There used to be a few old model fortuners coming in from the Philippines around the time all those Hilux Vigos were coming in from Thailand 10 years ago (?). Interesting machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Picked up my new wheels yesterday. Completely over the top, but meh. It's gonna be fun :)

Any interior shots ?

tossy wrote: »
    Any interior shots ?

no, but I'll do a walk around of it later and put them up.

20161004_181156_zpsjihmjxkt.jpg
    20161004_181205_zps193c4zjc.jpg
    20161004_181220_zpsrcywnxmd.jpg
    20161004_181227_zpsuicyvyuw.jpg

20161004_181325_zpseenscaqp.jpg
    20161004_181346_zps46zvlhjd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

You could have your own "top gear dramatic" theme tune
    Oh Fortuner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

20161004_123033.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

vintagevrs wrote: »
    *snip*

9c8b5133593820e28ca22a1d0f9f2c4a7d27e2e96684787b0df393d4e2a38c20.jpg

Finally got some new alloys for the Subie, from a 2011 Impreza straight onto my 2004. Quite happy with how they turned out :) Came with M+S tires too, because, well, Canada.

HGBJQMW.jpg

These are not ordinary tyres, these are M&S tyres!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Jude13

yep, fortuner. they're only new to the market here in NZ in the last year and not selling well (ute is king) so got a really decent price on it.

It's basically a 7 seat hilux, underneath is same chassis and running gear and media setup though interior is as different as exterior overall. Apparently they're really popular in Sth America and S Africa. Sort of a resurrection of the old Hilux Surf IMO.
    Launched here to compete with the Ford Everest and 7 seat SUV version of the Holden Colarado.

Had a look at that when I was getting my prado, I drove a fortuner (older model) for a year or so going on a 4 hour round commute. Found it a bit hairy in the windy bits, but completely indestructible. Great on sand too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

All's been quiet with the Puglet, as I've just been soo busy of late between starting a new job, and an exotic relocation over the border into Kerry. The auld stager has been converted from her happy life as a short sharp full tilt blaster to a 550 mile a week mile muncher. I also had the fantastic idea to change the exhaust a few weeks ago. The original was blowing, so a fairly cheap Janspeed suited my old Corolla roots. I'm going to deaf inside in the yoke one of these days as theres not a scrap of sound deadning inside in the car, and the harder springs and shocks makes every last Kerry bump noticable. 2500 long, hard, ardous, hatefull miles in the past month, but then you park up somewhere on the way home, either cause somethings broken or to get a break from the noise, look back and she's giving you 'the look'

29530892573_05651162ba_c.jpg

29530892343_01364ccaf8_c.jpg

30159419725_711cd7e3fe_c.jpg

You have all of my respect @CianDon for keeping that little minter on the roads! Love it, one of my fav cars of the forum rn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

Think I seen you at the Cork 20 over the weekend in that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

I put a rack on it, because reasons :)

IMG_20161007_163424_zps4srbqras.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

millington wrote: »
    Think I seen you at the Cork 20 over the weekend in that?

I was about alright, dumping the wagon in every ditch in mid-Cork. Clocked 463 miles today alone and she'll be thrown into ditches again tomorrow for the Donegal Harvest hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

20161008_145303_zpssjtxkgxu.jpg
    20161008_145310_zpsccwnlhjx.jpg
    20161008_145256_zpsosccbztn.jpg
    Few new badges and new owners club sticker. Must make it quicker surely!:pac: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

You'll get an Audi one day! Keep reaching for those stars...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Is that a loyalty coupon do you get a prize for having five coloured circles? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Thanks to foxhole for sorting the car out today.

IMAG0104-01_zpsyd05tpbp.jpeg

And it meant Gavman had to wait an hour despite being there first:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

That's to foxhole for sorting the car out today.

And it meant Gavman had to wait an hour despite being there first:pac:

Poor aul Gav always gets the short end of the stick :p

• Advertisement

They see me rolling....

PA090531_zpsalhgbfsj.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Not as big or shiny as the Merc the previous week, I had this A4 S-Line last week for a few days, and I have to say I really enjoyed it, it's the first Audi I've driven in a long while (only had Mercs & BMW's from Hertz the last year or so), and forgot how fun they can be to drive.

Looks lovely in white as well,

30128293642_83c373f5f5_c.jpg
    29613535023_48353c976f_c.jpg

Its such a shame getting into these new cars and they have marks & scratches all over them!!

Also featuring the coolest indicators I've ever seen on a family saloon (I'd seen these in Dublin once before about a year ago and haven't seen them on an Audi since).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Took a spin to Waterford yesterday:

20161009_162331.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Woodstown...lovely spot.

It looks like it's looking longingly towards japan and yearning to be home lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I very much like the tartan. Very cool. 8Id say comfy and grippy in the corners too

Last washed c. June, and the glare makes it look a lot cleaner than it is, but I love it still :D

Tipo_zpszmwv1qv1.jpg

Ooh nice wheels on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

A few days of hard work by the lads at D&D Detailing gave this result. Removed a lot of fallout, scratches and some really bad swirl marks left behind by previous owner.

398920.jpg

398921.jpg

398922.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

So here is one of my cars after someone decided it would look better if it was crashed.
    I'm ****ing raging.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement