Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

29733852304_4063fb4a3a_c.jpgUntitled by Philip McHugh, on Flickr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

DSC_0617.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Where is that!?

Interlacken Austria

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Notch000 wrote: »
    Interlacken Austria

Switzerland, no?

Couldn't help snapping a pic while picking up some shopping earlier.

rjmrKIvh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Interlacken Austria

Interlaken is in the Swiss Alps :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Lovely car SG well wear, you've scratched the Z car itch. Any details on spec or interior pics ? please: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

tossy wrote: »
    Lovely car SG well wear, you've scratched the Z car itch. Any details on spec or interior pics ? please: )

Will post some up tomorrow, it's raining buckets atm :(

Standard stuff for GT spec.

Cruise
    Black leather with red stitching
    Heated seats
    Aircon
    Parrot bluetooth
    Xenons
    Rear parking sensors

Interlacken Austria

Switzerland, no?
    yes and no, picture was taken on way into Innsabrok Ausitra so was 50% rights, was in interlacken too on same trip which is not unlike it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

The one that nearly got away. I had the Corolla up for sale for a while, very nearly sold it but had a change of heart... keeping it as a winter project now. It's too much fun to drive, and so solid for how old it is, not one bit of rust underneath after close inspection! Will be getting the TLC it deserves.

Juicebox did a feature on it over the past while:

http://juiceboxforyou.com/2016/10/ellusiveinterchange/

WhHrtPV.jpg

21Nw4i1.jpg

OSI wrote: »
    How you finding the NA after spending so long on the boost train?

It's a nice smooth predictable experience. Very involving drive with heavy pedals nice notchy gearchange etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They take very well to supercharging...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

colm_mcm wrote: »

After buying an R53 Cooper S, I firmly believe that everything should be Supercharged. Everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭selectamatic

colm_mcm wrote: »

They take very well to being mapped properly for Irish fuel too. Although I think that was mainly the first generation of the engine found in early models. Richard Bradley is considered the Nissan God of Ireland so he'd be a good man to talk to. Also doesn't s14driftking on here have one as a full on drift car he probably knows a thing or two about squeezing the best outta them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So... picked this up today.....

a0jkv6.jpg

Looks awfully like another A6 :p

What engine ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Daniel S wrote: »
    After buying an R53 Cooper S, I firmly believe that everything should be Supercharged. Everything.

Test drove an automatic one at the weekend....i was giggling the whole time the missus didnt know what was up. Was a terrific little car the r53 is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Lads I'm going to ask here because it's the only place on boards where my car is known. I'm gonna sell it. I've no idea what to ask. I paid 4k for it at the start of the year and it's had a grands worth of wheels put under it since. Nct til Dec but I'll be putting it through before I sell. The usual BMW e46 320d problems dealt with. Swirl flaps removed, egr delete etc. 165k miles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Lads I'm going to ask here because it's the only place on boards where my car is known. I'm gonna sell it. I've no idea what to ask. I paid 4k for it at the start of the year and it's had a grands worth of wheels put under it since. Nct til Dec but I'll be putting it through before I sell. The usual BMW e46 320d problems dealt with. Swirl flaps removed, egr delete etc. 165k miles.

You can put as much money into it as you like but don't ever expect to see it back come sale time. If you do, happy days but it's rare. At the end of the say it's still a 320d with fancy wheels that most buyers won't give a fiddler's feck about.

You can put as much money into it as you like but don't ever expect to see it back come sale time. If you do, happy days but it's rare. At the end of the say it's still a 320d with fancy wheels that most buyers won't give a fiddler's feck about.

If I got my money back I'd be delighted. I want a newer lower tax 320.

what colour is it? and is it a full Msport?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Might be better off selling the wheels separately it will get you a wider audience than someone looking for a car with them. On the car itself they would add very little extra monetary value imo.

• Advertisement

Looks awfully like another A6 :p

What engine ?

Ah no.. the DRL/LEDs are different ;)

3.0 TDI V6 Quattro.. just like its predecessor, but with half the motor tax bill. Also with everything my last one had plus heated seats, satnav, integrated bluetooth/phone, SD card slots/media jukebox. UK LeMans spec.

It's very nice! :) Will put up some daylight pics tomorrow.

what colour is it? and is it a full Msport?

Grey. there's photos on this thread.

Yeah proper msport. Have it mapped to 200bhp not sure if that would put a potential buyer off though? Leather, electric everything, sunroof, sat nav, Bluetooth, dog guard everything... I would consider taking the wheels off and putting original mv2s back on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

If you have made up your mind, I would start selling the wheels right now. As you say, you still have the original MV2s so you won't be without a set for the car.

If you have made up your mind, I would start selling the wheels right now. As you say, you still have the original MV2s so you won't be without a set for the car.

I'll whack on the mv2s. The ones that are on it now can go into a shed.

Grey. there's photos on this thread.

Yeah proper msport. Have it mapped to 200bhp not sure if that would put a potential buyer off though? Leather, electric everything, sunroof, sat nav, Bluetooth, dog guard everything... I would consider taking the wheels off and putting original mv2s back on.

The touring with gold wheels?
    I don't think it being remapped should be too off putting they're well able for 200bhp. Try and sell the wheels first and take it from there. Your market is smaller with the car being an estate but this can be a good thing as their isn't many msport estates for sale (there's a glut of non msport 320d saloons for sale most wont make over €2k no matter how clean they are) The 320cd msports are holding their price very well.

Two things to note about upgrading: all is not rosey in cheap tax 320d land so be aware of all the issues (timing chain, dpf, ridiculously easy to steal etc)
    Also your mapped e46 will be much faster than a factory e90, a good 150bhp e46 will stick well into the 177bhp 320d's despite the difference in power the e46's just have a much more primitive power delivery right up to 4k+rpm whereas the newer ones are smoother and less laggy.

I was in the same boat as yourself and I decided to stay with the e46 320d I have at the min purely because I know the car inside out and its been very reliable but I do often look at e92 coupes and think I'd fancy a change, so far I haven't been able to justify the monetary outlay

• Advertisement

The touring with gold wheels?
    I don't think it being remapped should be too off putting they're well able for 200bhp. Try and sell the wheels first and take it from there. Your market is smaller with the car being an estate but this can be a good thing as their isn't many msport estates for sale (there's a glut of non msport 320d saloons for sale most wont make over €2k no matter how clean they are) The 320cd msports are holding their price very well.

Two things to note about upgrading: all is not rosey in cheap tax 320d land so be aware of all the issues (timing chain, dpf, ridiculously easy to steal etc)
    Also your mapped e46 will be much faster than a factory e90, a good 150bhp e46 will stick well into the 177bhp 320d's despite the difference in power the e46's just have a much more primitive power delivery right up to 4k+rpm whereas the newer ones are smoother and less laggy.

I was in the same boat as yourself and I decided to stay with the e46 320d I have at the min purely because I know the car inside out and its been very reliable but I do often look at e92 coupes and think I'd fancy a change, so far I haven't been able to justify the monetary outlay

Yeah that's the car. I've noticed the e46 msport estate holding good value because there just isn't a lot of them there.

That's a pretty comprehensive answer thank you! I've an awful horn for the e90 estate again... You've made me rethink. Ive just com to grips with the e46 and have all the problematic issues dealt with. It could be a bad idea going 08 upwards if I've go start again fixing all those issues again.

Again thanks for the advice.

Yeah that's the car. I've noticed the e46 msport estate holding good value because there just isn't a lot of them there.

That's a pretty comprehensive answer thank you! I've an awful horn for the e90 estate again... You've made me rethink. Ive just com to grips with the e46 and have all the problematic issues dealt with. It could be a bad idea going 08 upwards if I've go start again fixing all those issues again.

Again thanks for the advice.

I wouldn't put ya off completely ;) e90's are a lovely car, just make sure ya weigh up all the negatives and positives before making a big decision.

Rear leg room is about the same as the S3 :D

Looks well SG, well wear.

More pics of the new arrival as promised :)

igezxk.png

2db8nb6.png

2qu1bub.png

2010 A6 3.0 TDI V6 Quattro (LeMans Spec) - Full leather, heated electric memory seats, front/rear parking sensors with display, Media Jukebox/SD Card/DVD slots, DAB Radio, BOSE audio, Integrated Bluetooth telephony, Satnav, Tiptronic gearbox with paddle shift, cruise control, Xenons with cornering function and LED DRLs, auto lights & wipers, front/rear foglights, auto dimming mirrors with dipping function when reversing, 19" alloys.. I THINK that's everything! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Daniel S wrote: »

Same here I am a convert too after driving a friends polo g40 and corrado g60s ,

Lets supercharge all the things!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Best of luck Kaiser it's a sweet motor! Did you source it in the UK?

Well wear Kaiser. Are there 2 quattro badges on the rear ? :confused:

Truckermal wrote: »
    Best of luck Kaiser it's a sweet motor! Did you source it in the UK?

Cheers - no, I got it from a dealer in Dublin as I needed to trade my old one in too.
    Well wear Kaiser. Are there 2 quattro badges on the rear ? :confused:

Nope.. One Quattro, one LeMans.. but think I'll be removing the latter and adding the A6 and TDI badges

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

IMG_20160804_234252_zpsqu3fza8i.jpg

Have her two years today already and never fails to put a smile on my face :)

Post the pic of the car with a nice number plate....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Truckermal wrote: »
    Post the pic of the car with a nice number plate....:D

Gway you will ya :pac:

Gway you will ya :pac:

I'll be getting my car detailed with a brillo pad...:p

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Cheers - no, I got it from a dealer in Dublin as I needed to trade my old one in too.

Nope.. One Quattro, one LeMans.. but think I'll be removing the latter and adding the A6 and TDI badges

Zero badges ? :) :cool:

I dunno.. I kinda prefer the badging - "A6 TDI Quattro" just looks better to me :) Might leave the "3.0" off this time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Hugh what do you want for the wheels :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Jesus lads can we drop the thing about the number plate at this stage? Every picture of FN's car the same stuff always comes up about it. It's not popular, fair enough, but he likes it, so can we all stop trying to make the same jokes about it at every opportunity?
    It's run its course a long time ago now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

166man wrote: »
    Jesus lads can we drop the thing about the number plate at this stage? Every picture of FN's car the same stuff always comes up about it. It's not popular, fair enough, but he likes it, so can we all stop trying to make the same jokes about it at every opportunity?
    It's run its course a long time ago now.

I quite like it actually.

Edit. Just noticed the 166man name! Side platers sticking together! I know the 166 has it in the middle but it was an Alfa thing

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

2008 Ibiza Fr after a mini detailing morning :)

IMG_4408.jpg
    IMG_4401.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭polan

8XWbI6d.jpg

new daily to replace Dick the Golf.

Say hello to Gertrude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Finally got to go for a proper drive! :D

Drove up to Oughterard, Co. Galway turned right and headed around Lough Corrib, some really nice tight roads. Roads that the Cooper S is really made for.

399564.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement