Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wheels look well. Were they in bad shape??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Spacers on the rear and some lowering to complete the aggressive look and it will look the business. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

R.O.R wrote: »
    My A3 Saloon was sold, and replaced by

Image failing to load for me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

mloc123 wrote: »
    Image failing to load for me..

I can't see it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

Wheels look well. Were they in bad shape??

One was badly kerbed, plus I think black suits the car better than the original grey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

my current daily driver since my E32 was rear ended and totaled, Hopefully I'll get to keep this one for many years to come.

k83om29l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Skatedude wrote: »
    my current daily driver since my E32 was rear ended and totaled, Hopefully I'll get to keep this one for many years to come.

Awesome, I've been on the look out for a nice one for a while...

How is it to live with??

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Mr-s is home for now. The journey back was a pleasure! By far the best handling car I have driven so far. Mid engine, just over 900kg = go cart dynamics. Alot of car for 1500 punts. Happy days.

IMG_20170602_194315.jpg

IMG_20170602_194554.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Wanted one for a long time. They were cheap enough a few years back. Even half decent ones have doubled the last few years.

EDIT: I meant the 8er! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Nice one m-i-i-m, you know how to pick them!

Next question is 3sgte or 2zz? Im sure you could try get your hands on a nice low mileage gen4 3sgte? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That's the first MR-S I've ever liked the look of. €1500 is a steal for such fun.

That's the first MR-S I've ever liked the look of. €1500 is a steal for such fun.

That's for sure.

Not 100% decided yet, but there are a few options! Fresh beams 3sge on throttle bodies might work too, be suited to track work! If we can fit one in there that is :D

That's the first MR-S I've ever liked the look of. ?1500 is a steal for such fun.

It's the factory trd kit + wing, makes the car. They look fairly awkward without it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    Not 100% decided yet, but there are a few options! Fresh beams 3sge on throttle bodies might work too, be suited to track work! If we can fit one in there that is :D

Keep us posted on the progress anyway! That would be the job, you'd be doing well to kill a 3sge! would it have to be a redtop then being transverse?

It's the factory trd kit + wing, makes the car. They look fairly awkward without it.

Girly. Girly is the word you're looking for!

Well wear, looks class.

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Keep us posted on the progress anyway! That would be the job, you'd be doing well to kill a 3sge! would it have to be a redtop then being transverse?

Ya I'd reckon so, redtop would be more straight forward anyhow. Research time! Redtops on tb's have been done before in them I think.
    Girly. Girly is the word you're looking for!

Well wear, looks class.

Ha, yup! Pretty much. Can look so good when done right:

UwvqZhO.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Imo 2zz or k20 are the only doable options really 3sge is heavy and a touch outdated for such a car.

Swap parts for k20's are available off the shelf too although I'd imagine theyre saucy.

Imo 2zz or k20 are the only doable options really 3sge is heavy and a touch outdated for such a car.

Swap parts for k20's are available off the shelf too although I'd imagine theyre saucy.

Could be spot on with this alright. 2zz are a straightforward swap I would imagine too.

Check this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9JMy7pH4yQ

There is great Japanese videos out there in Jap cars, if only I understood Japanese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Could be spot on with this alright. 2zz are a straightforward swap I would imagine too.

Check this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9JMy7pH4yQ

Yep seem to be as straight forward as an engine swap can be really.

I've a 2zz swap guide saved on one of me laptops that I'll try and dig out over the weekend and pm onto ya, as far as I remember it was fairly detailed with a few handy little time saving hints.

The irish fella that built the 3sgte white corolla saloon also had a 2zz mrs but I'm not sure if he did a write up on his swap.
    He was fairly active on a few forums but I think things have been quiet the last few years.

That techno pro spirits mrs is one of only a handful of n/a cars faster than Keiichi Tsuchiya's ae86 over the best motoring touge :D

Yep seem to be as straight forward as an engine swap can be really.

I've a 2zz swap guide saved on one of me laptops that I'll try and dig out over the weekend and pm onto ya, as far as I remember it was fairly detailed with a few handy little time saving hints.

The irish fella that built the 3sgte white corolla saloon also had a 2zz mrs but I'm not sure if he did a write up on his swap.
    He was fairly active on a few forums but I think things have been quiet the last few years.

That techno pro spirits mrs is one of only a handful of n/a cars faster than Keiichi Tsuchiya's ae86 over the best motoring touge :D

That would be great if you have it ya man! Much appreciated. The fact that the techno pro spirits mrs is faster than Tsuchiya's ae86 is enough for me! I'm sold 2zz it is.

Another snap from this morning:

Screen-Shot-2017-06-03-at-08.15.07.png

Wow that's a real head turner.

Have to ask how did you pick up so cheap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

He's a jammy b*stard...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Skatedude wrote: »

Are they Beyern Multi's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Here's my new baby :D will be taking more photos tomorrow at cars and coffee :) so weird driving an automatic when I've never driven one before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Well wear on her Autosport

Autosport wrote: »
    Here's my new baby :D will be taking more photos tomorrow at cars and coffee :) so weird driving an automatic when I've never driven one before.

No left foot braking now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

No left foot braking now....

I keep reaching for the gear stick :D it's fair funny when I look and there's nothing there :D

• Advertisement

Wow that's a real head turner.

Bought it off someone we know through work. Good deal.
    rizzodun wrote: »
    He's a jammy b*stard...

:D Precisely

WH8siEp.jpg

QbFVJm8.jpg

n9hMZbK.jpg

8HMILoF.jpg

F*ck you mimm :(

F*ck you mimm :(

**** me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Autosport wrote: »

Wheres cars and coffe this time? I presume Dublin?
    I heard limerick ones are good too. Would love to go there.
    Oh yeah, lovely lovely machine. :)

Wheres cars and coffe this time? I presume Dublin?
    I heard limerick ones are good too. Would love to go there.
    Oh yeah, lovely lovely machine. :)

Cars and coffee Limerick

I am actually off tomorrow. My first bank holiday sunday and monday off in about a year. I think I am going there so. :) My little seat will be like a lost lamb surrounded by all those amazing cars.

I know general place, but where exactly is it? And can you just drive in and park anywhere? Never been in one of the c&c events.

• Advertisement

I am actually off tomorrow. My first bank holiday sunday and monday off in about a year. I think I am going there so. :) My little seat will be like a lost lamb surrounded by all those amazing cars.

I know general place, but where exactly is it? And can you just drive in and park anywhere? Never been in one of the c&c events.

I have no idea where it is as I'm not from Limerick and I also was never at one. The Galway one is the closest to me but I was never at it.

I think it's in the car park of the big bank place across from Conlons where they are doing all the building work.

Balls. That's only 30 seconds from where I live, both my cars are stink with dirt. I'll be up for sure the next Sunday.

Balls. That's only 30 seconds from where I live, both my cars are stink with dirt. I'll be up for sure the next Sunday.

You know what to do. Get up early and clean which ever car you choose to bring. Sure it would only take 15-20 mins to give it a wash, if even that, never timed myself washing a car. :p :pac:

You know what to do. Get up early and clean which ever car you choose to bring. Sure it would only take 15-20 mins to give it a wash, if even that, never timed myself washing a car. :p :pac:

If it was only a wash... one had a coilover spring break today and the other still had its nasty mismatched NCT wheels on.

Plus I'll be violently hungover.

• Advertisement

Plus I'll be violently hungover.

Do it now so.

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Do it now so.

A few minutes for me. My car is dirty too, particularly covered in damn flies again! I am still going, just going to park somewhere far away. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Usually in the Northern Trust car park opposite the BMW dealer on the Tipperary Road.

Awesome, I've been on the look out for a nice one for a while...

How is it to live with??

Perfect really, it only had 57k miles on it as it had bearly been used in years, so spent 2 grand getting every bushing, rubber bits etc checked and changed so now feels like a new car to drive.

I got lucky and the prices for 8 series are going up quickly so it's worth more then i paid for it and have had a lot of offers to sell it, but keeping it for many years to come.

Are they Beyern Multi's?

Yes, I tried for a while to get the classic alpine multi spokes, but they are extremely hard to get, so went with the beyerns as a modern homage to them.

They turned out better then i hoped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Asmooh

Engine bay cleaning day.. i'm going to replace the car anyway but that doesn't mean it doesn't have to be clean (I will replace it but keep this one also)

18920209_126362077941072_1824943544326661405_n.jpg?oh=acd203a7249bc077c455593e4c43ac7e&oe=59A0B2D6
    I couldn't get the engine more cleaner at this stage, but for my new car (since its almost the same as I have now) I will get the valvecover pained&powded anyway.
    18839112_126368774607069_7230786711517880022_n.jpg?oh=65915602af4e6725e6359d83b567e564&oe=59E10843

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

My new beast 657 cc of fury
    It even has personal plates , perfect for a number s nerd like me
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1996-subaru-vivio/15374822

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭high horse

davycc wrote: »
    My new beast 657 cc of fury
    It even has personal plates , perfect for a number s nerd like me
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1996-subaru-vivio/15374822

It's marked as sold already so the pictures are not available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

high horse wrote: »