Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

CorkMan_ wrote: »
    C6

A bit late replying, but that is such a beauty. Loved those cars, they're so rare over here now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

:Thumbs: was for the Hog behind the Volvo

Thanks for clearing that up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭baldshin

IMG_20170622_140720_zpspucrxtpw.jpg

My new motor, Pro Ceed Sport 2l. Delighted with it having moved up from an 03 1.4 Octavia!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

The Alfa is now gone and been replaced by this 2013 Avensis Aura D4D with a surprisingly good amount of kit on board.

20170622_183657.jpg

20170622_183550.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That Avensis is a Luna model if I'm correct.

bazz26 wrote: »
    That Avensis is a Luna model if I'm correct.

You're right :o

I only just picked it up an hour ago so not fully familiar. Half leather and alcantara seats. Pretty nice to sit in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Well wear mind those alloys they are polished, lovely Aventis!

Truckermal wrote: »
    Well wear mind those alloys they are polished, lovely Aventis!

Freshly powder coated by the dealership as it hadn't a mark elsewhere on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

19403575_701681030019977_716171562_o.jpg?oh=33c509975f49e3f14fe9e13e22fecbe4&oe=594E9C40

19403391_701690050019075_719633262_o.jpg?oh=5040ffc0983ee88521dc68e0e8b9d07c&oe=594ED52A

took this just as I left work. Might get new alloys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Those alloys really suit it.

Is the door open?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

Yeah just left it open a tad whilst taking the pic, forgot all about it til now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Beyond gutted. Luckily, I know a guy.

20170622_194140.jpg
    20170622_194225_001.jpg
    20170622_194149.jpg

Aye Carumba!

How'd that happen?

Be worse if it was a roof skin dented

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Ouch.. how did that happen?

Vandalism :mad: a small rock was put through it in Mrs. Fanbois work car park.

• Advertisement

Feck. Would make you worry about what happens down the road. You just can't have nice things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

F*ck sake, some people have no respect for things people work hard to get. Scumbags.

Yeah it's mad to think that some random passer by had so little to do today that they could notice that the Golf had a sunroof and that they then thought the best thing to do next would be to seek out a nice juicy stone and smash it, then take a few seconds vague enjoyment from it and carry on with their day.

How and ever, tis but a car at the end of the day. It's just the inconvenience, financial and otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Thats ****e, hope it gets sorted handy. Pricks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

Sorry too see that dude. :( As others have said.. Good for nothing scumbags. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Feckers, it would have taken a fair oul belt to break it, wouldn't have been a glancing stone, more 100% deliberate and might have taken a few attempts. Worst is all the splinters of glass, they could do a bit of damage if they get in the wrong places.

Silver lining: Probably the best week of the year to have a convertible.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Silver lining: Probably the best week of the year to have a convertible.

It was raining where I am today, Yesterday it was cloudy all day, Tuesday sun and clouds. Monday was a good day though.

Your a lot further south than me so you would have got all the good weather.

Yeah, it was nice enough today, not too hot but still quite humid. Better than rain anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

It was raining where I am today, Yesterday it was cloudy all day, Tuesday sun and clouds. Monday was a good day though.

Your a lot further south than me so you would have got all the good weather.

:eek: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

Yeah it's mad to think that some random passer by had so little to do today that they could notice that the Golf had a sunroof and that they then thought the best thing to do next would be to seek out a nice juicy stone and smash it, then take a few seconds vague enjoyment from it and carry on with their day.

How and ever, tis but a car at the end of the day. It's just the inconvenience, financial and otherwise.

I'd like to think we could take some consolation in knowing that whoever did it will probably never understand the joys of earning and driving a nice car, but I also know that it is also little consolation when something like this happens :mad:

job seeker wrote: »
    Insane Asylum:eek: :pac:

They let me out to a padded yard 1 hour everyday. To be honest I would enjoy it even more if they took off the straitjacket.

That sucks big time. I'd love to give the little scrote a good hiding as that's all they understand but knowing the laws in this country I'd probably be charged with gbh.

Out of interest are your insurance company covering this as I read before on some companies will not cover repairing panoramic roofs due to the complexity and expense involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CorkMan_

A bit late replying, but that is such a beauty. Loved those cars, they're so rare over here now.

As far as I can make out about 27 C6s were sold new in Ireland. And a good few have gone to England and Japan. I'd be confident of there only being a single digit number of them on the road here now.
    Vandalism :mad: a small rock was put through it in Mrs. Fanbois work car park.

Myself and the missus had a visit from a pensions broker Wed even and she had her windscreen shattered earlier in the day by someone throwing a rock at her car as she drove past. Can't remember where in Dublin she said it was but she said she got some fright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

@ba barabus nice avensis I have a 12 strata good reliability but build quality is not as good as the mk2 eg something you may notice is the chrome around the side vents reflects in the mirrors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Great night shooting around the mountains with a few boardsies in tow! Shietpilot with his e36 and 166man, who is nothing but a lanky, pen pushing, Volvo driving f**k.

Parking as only friends do :D

420973.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Love them volvos, especially with those wheels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

What happened to 166man? Did he get gate again?

Love them volvos, especially with those wheels

I think it is riding high. Seems to look worse with a lowered e36 also in the picture. It would probably look fine if it was just in the picture by itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Seems like Photobucket is gone pay only now, anyone recommend a decent uploader/host for mobile boards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

photo bucket is crap anyway, too many ads. Post image is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Flickr is good and most importantly....FREE!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Here are my two wagons...(touring in dire need of a wash and wax)

IMG_1132.png

My e36 with a friends newer version over the weekend...

IMG_1134.png

IMG_1135.png

I use this site to upload and resize:

http://www.picresize.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Imgur and its capacity to resize an image just by putting an S/M/L at the end of the url is still best.

ofcork wrote: »
    @ba barabus nice avensis I have a 12 strata good reliability but build quality is not as good as the mk2 eg something you may notice is the chrome around the side vents reflects in the mirrors.

Have to say I'm happy so far. I know around 2012/13 there was a big increase in quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Looks well HM. Mine was parked outside the mechanics yesterday surrounded by loads of other more modern cars and I thought it looked tiny compared to the others. Even your e46 dwarves the e36.

Looks well HM. Mine was parked outside the mechanics yesterday surrounded by loads of other more modern cars and I thought it looked tiny compared to the others. Even your e46 dwarves the e36.

small-far-away.png

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭piobhan

BMW 428i Msport Coupe, Be on Irish Plates in September all going to plan

421088.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭traco

Got her detailed today as had planned to take it for Terenure on Sunday but that's not possible now. Well pleased with how it turned out. Trevor from Keogh's car valeting did the job.

35626060885_2f902e3377_c.jpg

35239365090_9468f95a3d_c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭traco

Sorry about images above. Photobucket looking for USD$400 per year to share images. ****!!! Will have to move and re-link. I'd pay $40-50 per year but not 400 for no adds etc

Moved from Photobucket to Flickr but not sure if its as easy as I'd like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

traco wrote: »
    Sorry about images above. Photobucket looking for USD$400 per year to share images. ****!!! Will have to move and re-link. I'd pay $40-50 per year but not 400 for no adds etc

Stupid cvnts! :mad:

I've thousands of pics backed up on photobucket going back near 10 years that I can't download now plus numerous pics on numerous forums now gone. Being held to ransom here but fooked if I'm giving them any money the cvnts. :mad:

Thankfully I've all my pics on fb too.

Same here. Loads of pics on Photobucket that I can't download and I can't even see a lot of them when I log in. Imageshack have gone the same way I think, looking for money and a lot of it but not $400!!

20170629_182125.jpg

65056170.jpg

Jesus the more I look at that would make you wonder what they guy was thinking. Looks expensive to replace. Is it all one window from windscreen to roof?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement