Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Sarcasm, standard PCP spec, ubiquitous these days.

Hardly, all the new audi's sold are fairly insignificant compared to the overall total.

If they seem ubiquitous it's because people notice them. Don't blame WWB for that.

Or, should only pics of felt spec cars be posted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Finally found time to fit the spacers front and back today, makes a huge improvement to the stance of the car! 20mm Front and 15mm Rears! Once they were done a trip to C&C was in order followed by a trip to Youghal :)

GxA1yFIl.jpg

iT5N4nil.jpg

3w9dVQ0l.jpg

0Lb3EjGl.jpg

7cK063ul.jpg

paUwI3ql.jpg

ZI4sbv8l.jpg

Next job on the list: As much of a full respray as I can get done with my budget!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Sarcasm, standard PCP spec, ubiquitous these days.

Sorry I didn't realise it was the "post a picture of your rare car you paid for in cash " thread :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

To continue the BMW theme! (FN - Your cars are real beautys)

Few friends who also have tourings met up tonight, mine is the newer boring e46, the eagle eyed people here will notice that I "lost" a numberplate at some stage during the photo taking :D

The opportunity of getting pics with my e36 coupe was too good to turn down so I ran home and got it at the end of the night, unloved and unwashed it joined the party.

My heart and wallet is beyond broke from these cars but...

IMG_1234.jpg
    IMG_1235.jpg
    IMG_1236.jpg
    IMG_1237.jpg
    IMG_1241.jpg
    IMG_1244.jpg
    IMG_1247.jpg
    IMG_1248.jpg
    IMG_1251.jpg
    IMG_1253.jpg
    IMG_1257.jpg
    IMG_1258.jpg
    IMG_1261.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

My little E36 with a week to go until its first track day :)

kBrT1Ej.jpg?1

Another ubiquitous white Audi after it's weekend bath.

Full_Size_Render.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

That Audi reeks of PCP tossy :pac:

That Audi reeks of PCP tossy :pac:

I used PCP on the tyres,gives a lovely gloss shine - you'd be high as kite after though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

tossy wrote: »
    I used PCP on the tyres,gives a lovely gloss shine - you'd be high as kite after though :D

1.6 tdi is it? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Lets add to the Euro car scene... With another European made car :)

35444453790_1b9d1b8126_b.jpg

Wheres the C220? It was ceremoniously shoved into a hedge until I'm arsed to address the cutting out/stalling issue.

What did this cost me? The price of one injector refurb for the Merc with Ardee diesel. Go on, ring them and ask what an OM613 injector refurb costs ;)

Why did I get this thing? A very cheap eventless stopgap car. I didn't want some dishwasher hatchback so went for this motorized chest freezer. 10 mins away, NCT till Feb 18, 210K miles, 1.8 vivvtee. That's miles, not sh*tty kms. Think that scared most people off :)

You fool, you bought an ape of a car! Well, apart from the oil burning it's not overly offensive otherwise. I did opt for a 2.0 (or a 2.4 if one existed on Donedeal :D) but no diesel as they are 2 pin cr dirt. Hotsoaking it and Lucas stabilizer did improve the oil situation a lot, it still burns oil though. There are a lot of other cars I didn't want, mostly due to the price, lack of wreckers (no good E46's to hammer off walls and blow up for example, mostly kettles) or were just lumps of sh*te (Mazda 6 diesel anyone? Or imagine the shame of a Primera of that vintage...)

What's the spec? I'd call it the popular plus (think it's looneyluna aura spec or something like a T3, can't remember or be arsed) has a nice few toys like a/c, alloys, leather wheel with thumb spats+controls and elec windows all round for example. Gratuitous surface rust underneath, although I don't think this was a factory option. Let's be honest, coming from a hybrid turbo diesel this is slow. Not very comfortable either, I've tried every position (wahey!) and I can't get comfortable. Maybe I'm just an awkward c*nt :)

What's it like on go-go juice? FULE EFFICIENT TEA-OATY implementing some hypermiling my average mpg is anywhere between 40 and 45mpg without having to piss myself off on my daily commute ie I don't hang around. This is on a mix of motorway and rush hour city driving with everything in between. Let's be honest, coming from a hybrid turbo diesel this is slow so there's no point fooling yourself otherwise. Drive it hard and it drains the tank, although there is something hilarious about letting it rev out and bapping it off the limiter for the shneer :D my mileage hasn't dropped, it's probably gone up (average 600+ miles a week) fuel costs... Well naturally it's going to be up thanks to petril. Looking minimum an extra €20 per week at least. Random journeys are still abundant, there is quite the novelty of being ultra anonymous and appearing anywhere at any time... ;)

Is it practical? It's quite roomy! The boot is huge, I was able to cram 5 wheels+tyres, a trolley jack, tools and my everyday material (laptop, chargers, networking equipment etc) with room for an adult cat to play comfortably if needed. Plenty of room behind too, enough room for several road signs cardboard boxes, car parts and another trolley jack!

Is it fun to drive? No. Just no. It's like trying to race around Navan racecourse on a cow. It's not meant to be driven in a flamboyant and responsive manner, just a dull and mundane one. The not much more underpowered and slower C180 I make an appearance in occasionally is much more fun on a twisty road and overall a much more rewarding drive, despite being a mile off the road height wise with skinnier tyres

What's my plans for it? It's my daily driver, therefore a lot of preemptive precautions were taken before I got the insurance disc for it... Just aswell I did! The aux belt had more cracks than a dried up riverbed, I took out 1.5 litres of foul smelling oil, the plugs were burnt to a crisp, the brake fluid was like tar and the lining on the front pads fell off :eek: I spent less than €100 on parts so far. 2nd hand washer fluid and bulbs were used :p The exhaust broke just after the cat and was welded up once home. Someone tried to steal a wheel off it too :D it will be sold on eventually as a driving car, once I have my 406 road legal once again.

Would I get one again? Yes! But not the 1.8. I'd try opt for the 2.4 for the laugh. Going against the thought of every miserable stingy c*nt that bought the 1.6 version new in the day for the chape tax, big boooot and TEA-OATY badge :D

I will be back in a Merc in due time also, hopefully a very tame 95 C220 later this year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Those long fine Summer evenings

Golf_Summer1.png

My heart and wallet is beyond broke from these cars but...

I like the way you leave the tow cable attached ;) Nice line up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Is she marking her territory already? :o

I like the way you leave the tow cable attached ;) Nice line up.

I haven't needed a tow yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Any more detail on the e30? Cars looking well

• Advertisement

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Any more detail on the e30? Cars looking well

1.8 running LPG

I know, I face palmed too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

3 door Audi A3 with black OEM alloys. That's more like it :P

Didn't mean to cause any offence!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

3 door Audi S3 with black OEM alloys. That's more like it :P

Fyp :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

3 door Audi A3 with black OEM alloys. That's more like it :P

:D

Your throwing fuel on the fire there. ;)

bazz26 wrote: »
    :D

Your throwing fuel on the fire there. ;)

Good thing I omitted S-Line :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Not sure why people bother to post pictures up here anymore...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Any more of that glorious Superb? :D

Good thing I omitted S-Line :pac:

Why are you posting here? Are you genuinely clueless or a bad troll ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

To be fair it's a tidy little A3!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Very apt page number :D

422077.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

YbFocus wrote: »
    Very apt page number :D

121?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

SuperS54 wrote: »
    121?

I guess it's only if you have default posts per page :)
    It's page 323!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

YbFocus wrote: »
    I guess it's only if you have default posts per page :)
    It's page 323!

Its 404 for me.. but i dont know enough about IT to make a funny quip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Its 404 for me.. but i dont know enough about IT to make a funny quip.

Quip not found...

I'll see myself out

Quip not found...

I'll see myself out

He likes the oul 1 2 1 if his Snapchats are anything to go by!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I'm so chuffed with this E38, just passed the NCT this afternoon and it's the first time it's seen daylight in 3 months since I started its complete refurbishment, I had to take some pics. Will get some decent ones up soon.

eCY4Zpg.gif

KUTr5Qi.gif

V3lHY9O.gif

o7yKHau.gif

ocsd65q.gif

6S0ecv1.gif

tRDiOWd.jpg

It'll be up for sale by next week, aircon service is the last thing and is booked for Thursday.

It has had:

- Full alloy strip down, repaint and diamond cut to OEM finish
    - Brand new set of Kumho KU39s
    - New OEM master cylinder
    - New OEM Brembo pads all round
    - New OEM fan shroud
    - Install of factory upgraded 16:9 screen and MK4 DVD navigation
    - New passenger side mirror glass
    - Complete removal of exterior trim, sanded and refinished with new clips
    - Respray of passenger mirror cover, right side side skirt and two corner trim pieces
    - Replacement rear PDC sensor
    - Brake fluid service
    - 2 hour engine bay detail
    - 12 hour paint correction detail
    - 4 hour interior detail
    - Headlamp and tail lamp refurbishment
    - Rear tail light bulb error correction

For all intents and purposes, it's a new car.
    Sad to see it go, but the intent was always sell it after i'd got it back to showroom condition. What a machine the E38 is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Dafuq dude? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

You cant sell that!!

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Dafuq dude? :eek:

Plan was to start a thread on it months back but it was just too much time documenting everything for the interweb. Better to post the final pics which will do in a few days. :)

I can honestly say it's been in better nick now than at any stage over the 7 years I owned it.

Plan was to start a thread on it months back but it was just too much time documenting everything for the interweb. Better to post the final pics which will do in a few days. :)

I can honestly say it's been in better nick now than at any stage over the 7 years I owned it.

You owe me a pint!:D

Truckermal wrote: »
    You owe me a pint!:D

Haha, if there's any money left, I went over budget as expected.

I'm neither, I've posted my own car in here a few years ago.

There's no need to resort to insults, move on.

I'm neither, I've posted my own car in here a few years ago.

There's no need to resort to insults, move on.

What are you then ? What were you hoping to achieve by slating a posters car just for the sake of it ?

Far too much acting the ejit around here lately. The fun is gone out of it completely.

What are you then ? What were you hoping to achieve by slating a posters car just for the sake of it ?

Far too much acting the ejit around here lately. The fun is gone out of it completely.

Are we not entitled to an opinion? If I'd known you'd take it so badly I wouldn't have said a thing. Implying a car was common is hardly slating it?

Let it go...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Are we not entitled to an opinion? If I'd known you'd take it so badly I wouldn't have said a thing. Implying a car was common is hardly slating it?

You're entitled to your opinion but as your mammy probably told you, If you've nothing nice to say, you're better off keeping your mouth shut.

You know what you were at. Please don't post in this thread again unless it's a pic of your car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

^ in love

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I wouldn't mind owning one of those 350Z's but I could not stomach the tax. I'm a tight bastard like that. Ah no but seriously there is no reason why the tax for that car has to be significantly more expensive than a 2 litre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I wouldn't mind owning one of those 350Z's but I could not stomach the tax.

That's my thoughts on it too. I could accept the fuel economy, maintenance etc, but €2000 for that disc in the window, even if I could afford it comfortably I'd say on principal I still wouldn't. The only thing is if the road tax was more reasonable I'd say the average second hand price would double.

It looks like a great example in fairness. It's always a shame to have to move on from a car like that as from an enthusiasts point of view it's probably very hard to trump, but such is life I suppose.

• Advertisement

Cant see that Z on mobile site am i the only one?

Cant see that Z on mobile site am i the only one?

Fine for me on Android. Are you using the old touch site?

Fine for me on Android. Are you using the old touch site?

Old? Must be... same site since aeons here!!

Old? Must be... same site since aeons here!!

Scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says boards copyright 2000-2017 I think it says anyway and click responsive site. And then you will be in the new site.

Lovely car SuperG

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement