Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Old? Must be... same site since aeons here!!

Scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says boards copyright 2000-2017 I think it says anyway and click responsive site. And then you will be in the new site.
    Sorted, thanks. It's like getting new glasses!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

If I had the room SG I'd have it in a heartbeat, beautiful car but the tax would be off putting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

YbFocus wrote: »
    Very apt page number :D

That's a gorgrous 36!

Mine is gone, well it will be in a few hours, deposit is taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Poor old Zed still hasn't sold, i may have to keep it and put an exhaust on it or something :p

You'll never sell it with that tax, tell ya what, meet me round the back of tesco, I'll give you a 50 and 6 pack of corona for your troubles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

That's a gorgrous 36!

Mine is gone, well it will be in a few hours, deposit is taken.

Thanks man :)

Why so fast? Did it not agree with you?

This is my interior but my car seats are black and not red like the pic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Autosport wrote: »
    This is my interior but my car seats are black and not red like the pic :)

Looks real nice. Joys of having a new car, you get a modern interior.

Looks real nice. Joys of having a new car, you get a modern interior.

I love toys and gadgets in a car and there's plenty in this one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Those current C Class interiors are very nice when they are really speced up.

YbFocus wrote: »
    Thanks man :)

Why so fast? Did it not agree with you?

Yeah exactly. I couldn't fault the car, it is what it is but after a few days I realised I didn't enjoy driving it. Should have bough a 328, but having said that I'm not even sure if I could daily one. My touring is so so different compared to it in terms of comfort, noise, power etc.

I think in the future any BMW I'll get will be a high spec luxury model. (Boring)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Far too many tax pansies around these parts here days, that's your problem SG. :pac:

Tis a fine example and will make someone delighted once they appear. Might just take some time for that to happen unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I'd bang it up on Pistonheads tbh. Minute market for it here now unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭mossy50

Savage car but you might be better off trying to sell your Z car in the UK where car tax isn't such a rip off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Timooo_23

Did more of the Wild Atlantic Way a couple of weeks ago, From Limerick south to Kinsale, epic trip with some amazing roads. Even had a quick burn through Molls' Gap on the way home. The civic was the perfect car for it!

Unfortunately when I arrived home my insurance renewal was waiting for me on the welcome mat just inside the door, and it's an insurmountable hurdle, especially as I only get to drive it maybe 3 days a month now. After just a year and a half of pure joy of ownership I'm now putting it up for sale. I'll really miss it when it's gone.

http://imgur.com/6xCGUfN

http://i.imgur.com/6xCGUfN.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Pic not loading for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Thats a smashing colour Midman - love it.

What's the PCP like on it ? :D

In all seriousness though, you were knocking a poster for driving an A4 (over how common a site they were) and you drive a fabia combi......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

tossy wrote: »

In all seriousness though, you were knocking a poster for driving an A4 (over how common a site they were) and you drive a fabia combi......

Ah no tossy, there is no need for that at all. He has German plates so it's faster than your average fabia.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Lets add to the Euro car scene... With another European made car :)

Ah the Mk2 Avensis is a grand old yoke for low maintenance. Nothing goes wrong with them, which is more than can be said for anything German.

The 1.8 is fine compared to the rubbish small petrols and diesels most people have but obviously it's as dead as a do-do if you're used to something faster.

The brakes are rubbish in them (that's a standard feature), the steering is feel free and is overly light (that also comes as standard) but they're actually a good handling car and the VVTi is a revvy little unit, the gearbox is quite nice in them apart from the long throw. They're leaps and bounds ahead of older Toyotas to drive but if you're used to a BMW or something sporty (like I am) it's a big culture shock.

They're comfortable as well, fine and quiet and the ride is excellent but yeah the seats aren't great in them.

Try running it on 10W40 if it's fond of a drop of oil. We've got a 1.8 VVTi in the family and it was going through 5W30 at quite a rate, since we switched to 10W40 it's hardly using anything.

We've had our 2005 one since brand new and there's 193,000 miles on it now, it's needed a gearbox, clutch, wheel bearings and there was a problem with a coil once as well but it's been pretty much fault free otherwise, everything else that's gone on it was just usual wear and tear stuff like tyres, pads etc.

• Advertisement

Took this after getting the car steam cleaned in a new place here in Limerick. Came up well I thought.

IMG_1574.jpg

Oh I like the E36, can't say I care too much for the yoke underneath it though (X4 is it?). What engine is in the E36?

Oh I like the E36, can't say I care too much for the yoke underneath it though (X4 is it?). What engine is in the E36?

It's a 3.0d X6, drives much better than it looks!

E36 is a 323i. 2.5l straight six with about 170bhp (originally anyway!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Ah the Mk2 Avensis is a grand old yoke for low maintenance. Nothing goes wrong with them, which is more than can be said for anything German.

My wife's brother in law bought one from new and it gave him unending problems. Had to replace the engine and the second one went on him :pac: He bought a BMW after that.

Will you let it go ffs! I was referring to the spec, as insults go that's extremely tame!

I doubt there's another car in the country With the same spec as mine but that's not the point here lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Fabia picture not working for me

• Advertisement

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Will you let it go ffs! I was referring to the spec, as insults go that's extremely tame!

I doubt there's another car in the country With the same spec as mine but that's not the point here lol.

You were being an ass to another poster and also to myself and now that you are pulled up on it you want to let it go. Moral of the story is don't be an ass we are all enthusiasts into our cars around here and appreciate each other's cars. Some of us have rare high spec cars some of us don't. There's no pecking order.

Anyway nice car and well wear.

I doubt there's another car in the country With the same spec as mine

There's a good reason for that :p
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    Fabia picture not working for me

Oooh, harsh!

:p

Now, back to the cars...

Double standards the order of the day in here!

There's a good reason for that :p

FFS.

FFS.

Only you're allowed slag him? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

It's a 3.0d X6, drives much better than it looks!

E36 is a 323i. 2.5l straight six with about 170bhp (originally anyway!)

Ah very good, they're fantastic engines really, every time I drive my 2.5 M54 engined E46 it reminds me of how much better things were in the good old days, when even a 320i got the six cylinder engine and none of this four bullcrap BMW comes out with these day. The naturally aspirated straight sixes are really superb engines; not the fastest, or the most economical engine ever made, but it's so smooth and refined when you want it to be, and such a joy to work hard when you want to have fun with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

A monte Carlo spec Fabia...? Hardly a rare spec is it?

Edit: That is a genuine question... That is a pretty common trim level, so wondering what is so unique.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Double standards the order of the day in here!

Pot meet kettle

Only you're allowed slag him? :rolleyes:

I wasn't slagging him, i was pulling him up over criticising other peoples cars which is exactly what you were doing to his car - cop on.

mloc123 wrote: »

Edit: That is a genuine question... That is a pretty common trim level, so wondering what is so unique.

Haven't seen a Meteor Grey one, most people don't upgrade the alloys to the 17s either. Heated seats, lowered 15mm, bigger touch screen + Carplay too.
    I wasn't slagging him, i was pulling him up over criticising other peoples cars which is exactly what you were doing to his car - cop on.

I couldn't care less to be honest, it's definitely a marmite colour, everyone is entitled to their opinion :)

mloc123 wrote: »

Because it's a man driving a a Fabia.

Rare.

What's the PCP like on it ? biggrin.png

I'm good, thanks dad. And...

What's the PCP like on it ? biggrin.png

Because it's a man driving a a Fabia.

Rare.

You're in trouble now!

Regretting posting in here, I called an A4's spec common and have had plenty of abuse thrown my way for the comment (which was possibly warranted) but also far worse said about me and my car. Not a mod in sight either.....

Keep your clique....

Regretting posting in here, I called an A4's spec common and have had plenty of abuse thrown my way for the comment (which was possibly warranted) but also far worse said about me and my car. Not a mod in sight either.....

Keep your clique....

You slagged someone's car and then had your own car slagged. It's not a nice feeling. Most people here appreciate your fabia, especially the alloys.

So, let bygones be bygones (and I'm certainly not part of the clique, if such exists). Besides, everyone knows OSI's car is the real [MOD DELETE]

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

The 1.8 is fine compared to the rubbish small petrols and diesels most people have but obviously it's as dead as a do-do if you're used to something faster.

The brakes are rubbish in them (that's a standard feature), the steering is feel free and is overly light (that also comes as standard) but they're actually a good handling car and the VVTi is a revvy little unit, the gearbox is quite nice in them apart from the long throw. They're leaps and bounds ahead of older Toyotas to drive but if you're used to a BMW or something sporty (like I am) it's a big culture shock.

They're comfortable as well, fine and quiet and the ride is excellent but yeah the seats aren't great in them.

Try running it on 10W40 if it's fond of a drop of oil. We've got a 1.8 VVTi in the family and it was going through 5W30 at quite a rate, since we switched to 10W40 it's hardly using anything.

We've had our 2005 one since brand new and there's 193,000 miles on it now, it's needed a gearbox, clutch, wheel bearings and there was a problem with a coil once as well but it's been pretty much fault free otherwise, everything else that's gone on it was just usual wear and tear stuff like tyres, pads etc.
    What was wrong with the gearbox? It's usually a bearing that goes on those which is replaceable(the better option in the long run) and is the same culprit on all those boxes.

It doesn't affect all avensis though, some go on for years without this problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Here I will take your minds off the bickering......

New to me, Loaded 142 m4....been working up to this one for many years
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/24384/422455.jpg

I for one am very jealous, well ware friend! Are you the man whom had his 335i liberated a few years ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I for one am very jealous, well ware friend! Are you the man whom had his 335i liberated a few years ago?

Yep that set me back....onwards and upwards.

29052011489.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

IMG_2642.jpg

Destroyed my paintwork a bit more today :)

Didn't mean to be a dick asking you Fitzgeme, my thinking was fair funks to him for buying that after his misfortune, he deserves that.

Washed my wife's runaround today. It was pretty 'clean' to start but had a lot of algae in panel gaps, rubbers etc.. is this just from not being washed enough?

Probably from being near trees.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Probably from being near trees.

This is what I always thought was the main cause. Not parked under trees at home but I must check where she parks it at the train station.

• Advertisement

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    What was wrong with the gearbox? It's usually a bearing that goes on those which is replaceable(the better option in the long run) and is the same culprit on all those boxes.

It doesn't affect all avensis though, some go on for years without this problem.

I think it was the bearings, but basically there was a bang and that was the end of it wanting to drive anywhere. There was no whining or anything to indicate catastrophic failure was imminent, the only thing I remember about it was that first had been getting a bit harder to engage in the weeks running up to it. There was about 114,000 miles on the clock at the time. But it was over seven years ago and the replacement secondhand gearbox has not had any problems, it's off a 1.6 so it gives it a bit more pep but it's still a slow car and also the shorter gearing makes it annoyingly loud on a motorway, it gets much boomier once it runs past 3500 rpm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement