Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

R.O.R wrote: »
    But without the necessary turbo. It's just an expensive motor to tax, with less power and performance than the 2.0T engine.

2.0T are almost impossible to find here. 2.4 is a rarity, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

R.O.R wrote: »
    But without the necessary turbo. It's just an expensive motor to tax, with less power and performance than the 2.0T engine.

They never made the S40 with the 2.0T engine.

Due to the above mindset I was also able to pick the car up for very little in the first place, so I don't mind the extra €400 in tax. It buys 45bhp over the 1.8 and obviously that lovely 5 pot noise. Seems like an ok deal to me before I mention that it's superbly reliable. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

166man wrote: »
    They never made the S40 with the 2.0T engine.

Due to the above mindset I was also able to pick the car up for very little in the first place, so I don't mind the extra €400 in tax. It buys 45bhp over the 1.8 and obviously that lovely 5 pot noise. Seems like an ok deal to me before I mention that it's superbly reliable. :)

You can get the 2.0 t4 in the previous s40 like.
    I would prefer the 5cyl sounds for a more fun daily driver, used to adore the sound my fiat coupe meant, 20v 5cly turbo Pininfarina sex on wheels!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Another "post a video of your car" post. :)

Sun was out and had some time to kill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

If I took a video of my car it would just be of it with it's bonnet open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Lovely car :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

600_463122716.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Did I see ya flying around Blackpool in Cork last week Ubbquittious? Unless you have a doppelganger with one of those down here :pac:

Picture because picture thread :pac:
    N3qnoNuh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

[quote="Ubbquittious;104174712"https://secure.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/a/6/d/c/600_463122716.jpeg[/quote]

You need to put up a sound clip of that revving out :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

We have this girl 5 years this week. Time has flown! Still going strong, albeit a few suspension bits and pieces going of late. Took these pics only an hour ago, in failing light. In dire need of a wash. Got new pressed metal plates for it a few weeks back. Freshen it up a bit!

mondeo5yr1.png

mondeo5yr2.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

@voodoo that's an absolute beast! Never really appreciated them as much until I watched your video to be honest. Tis a beaut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

We have this girl 5 years this week. Time has flown! Still going strong, albeit a few suspension bits and pieces going of late. Took these pics only an hour ago, in failing light. In dire need of a wash. Got new pressed metal plates for it a few weeks back. Freshen it up a bit!

Rear arm bushes going I'd bet ;)

Rear arm bushes going I'd bet

No actually, and they're supposed to be a common issue. Track rod, ball joints, one of the front brakes stuck last week. Ps pump went twice in the 5 years, replaced that a few weeks back. That's it really, aside from the normal consumables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Synonymous with the anonymous, one can safely head into the city and blend into the background with this quintessential Dubliner's car driven by a culchie at heart
    35716635930_bfaf66ea9c_h.jpg

The wrong gearbox makes for fast getaways from the lights and more flexibility round the streets. When parked up on it's own is the only time it can be picked out; singled out in the grey concrete jungle and Georgian lovechild
    36107231785_2e7c744cc8_h.jpg

I had to walk up beside it before I could notice it was mine, parked textbook in a line of generic cost minimized basic transportation devices, it was nice to realize it more than likely had one of the the biggest engines and boots of the current lot
    35299385983_180e1ed5c5_h.jpg

Back out on the road, a detour through the mountains was chosen. A generic car fits in anywhere
    36111870126_933c6a8c53_h.jpg

Who knows where I've turned up under the radar over the course of the last month... ;)

A modest 42mpg was averaged over a 640 odd mile trip, all of which included the above filtered photos :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I don't know what it is but I always did like the styling of the rear boot spoiler on the Avensis going on over the Toyota logo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

I don't know what it is but I always did like the styling of the rear boot spoiler on the Avensis going on over the Toyota logo.

It doesn't really upset the line of the boot, a conventional one would stick out like a sore thumb :) I have grown to accept it, quite a few out there have it fitted :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

We have this girl 5 years this week. Time has flown! Still going strong, albeit a few suspension bits and pieces going of late.Took these pics only an hour ago, in failing light. In dire need of a wash. Got new pressed metal plates for it a few weeks back. Freshen it up a bit!

I guess you could say you have...

Ahem...

A noccy mondy?

rizzodun wrote:
    I guess you could say you have...
    Ahem...
    A noccy mondy?

Awh jeez, just leave..... :pac:

I actually hate that username!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

- Become a subscriber (shortest/cheapest option's enough AFAIR).

- Ask relevant people to change your username.

- Enjoy your new and shiny identity! :D

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

I've seen yours on Facebook and it looks like a candidate for sleeper of the year. Love the colour, same as my (unwashed and unloved) S60.

Dude I think you need to research what a sleeper is, a 170bhp mid exec car ain't no sleeper!

joujoujou wrote:
    - Become a subscriber (shortest/cheapest option's enough AFAIR).

That's 50 beans is it not though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

That's 50 beans is it not though?

50 for a year, €5.00 for a month. That'll allow you to change your username no problem.

50 for a year, €5.00 for a month. That'll allow you to change your username no problem.

Awh nice one, I'll be in touch :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Last trackdays.ie event at Mondello :)

AKHNixl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Quick clean ahead of a spin around Kerry tomorrow!

TIH2bYhh.jpg

s148z9th.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Myself and the missus took a visit to craggy island. So here's my two loves. I have to say that in case she reads this.

IMG_1335.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

She's not bad, I'd take her for a spin.

She's not bad, I'd take her for a spin.

Behave!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Like shietpilots above, here's one from the last trackdays.ie event.

0DE.jpg

On the whole e36 vibe going on feck it. I know I sold it last week but damn I want another with a PROPER engine now.

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

I didn't have enough fun in it while I had it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭MarkN

That's a great video, thanks for posting! Don't ever sell that car.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Picked up the Superb Sportline on Saturday. Changed from an Octavia VRS. Nice car in fairness.

Superb1.jpg
    Superb2.jpg
    Superb3.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

OSI wrote: »
    How does it compare on the fun factor compared to the VRS?

Haven't had enough drive in it and each time I had it was full of lads going to the games, so when I am less around 50 stone of men then Ill find out. :)

Came down the motorway from Dublin to Mayo last night, weather was awful, traffic was cat but it poked away nicely. I can't say I notice any lessening in power/poke, but the handling I won't know until I do the commute to Galway in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Travelling a lot with work lately, so don't get to drive it nearly as much as I would like. So, I fitted new front discs and pads on Saturday, gave it a wash and caught up with some friends.

wPXo5Lm.jpg?1

OSI wrote: »
    How does it compare on the boot space compared to the VRS?

Fixed the post there. :pac:

Managed to get her out for a quick wash this evening to see how it comes up. It's come up well already - obviously needing a considerable paint detail but the bodywork is generally good.

Have to get the mechanicals sorted first though. I'm so happy to own one of these again. :)

Edit; yes that fuel filler cap is a factory fitted option by Zender! It's hideous but it's very 90's so I may keep it.

0Dr.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

A beaut of a car, much preferred the 166 to the 156 and the reason I got interested in Alfa's, and ending up buying the 159. Well wear, and at least now your username makes sense. Was a bit embarrassed for you there for a while :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Slideways

361AC591-3B30-4037-B207-F81BC7BE6155.jpg

On my way to pick this up. 2012 2.0tdi with 76k kms on it and full VW service history

My 11th Veedub but first non-Golf. Old age taking hold 😂

A beaut of a car, much preferred the 166 to the 156 and the reason I got interested in Alfa's, and ending up buying the 159. Well wear, and at least now your username makes sense. Was a bit embarrassed for you there for a while :p

I already have the 166 angle covered. :)

This is my pride and joy - a facelift V6 166. Note the registration...:)

0F2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Not an alfa fan but that 166 is gorgeous!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Lovely motor Slidey and well wear, the Daytona wheels really make the CC!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭huggy15

EdlfTe.jpg
    sThOUT.jpg
    zckgzM.jpg
    mQgVu2.jpg
    j7HXG3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Was that 166 on display at the terenure show last month ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Daytona Grey A3 Sportback replaced by a Nano Grey Saloon.

Only for the weekend as I'll have something else next week so I'm told.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Not my car but someone else's, t'was in front of me today, the sound from it was quite cool, rapid accelerate to next red lights, time and time again, didn't get a good run, but the speed of it when it took off, wow.

IMG_20170804_170926.jpg

Was that 166 on display at the terenure show last month ?

It was indeed. That photo above was taken at the queue to get in. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Saw a black 08 CN audi in Limerick today with an Autobots badge rather than the four rings. My inner 16 year old thought it was class. :D

Sorry, no pic - imagination required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I saw that yesterday too, didn't know what the logos were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

All clean :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

All clean :D

C&C Clean ? Did one myself today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement