Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Kinect

Options
  • 13-02-2016 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My son has enjoyed using voice commands with Kinect, until a few days ago, when it stopped working.
    I've been looking into the issue, and found that there seems to be a problem with the language selection, under Settings -> System -> Location.

With location set to Ireland, sometimes the voice language ends up as being "None". And that's when the XB1 stops accepting voice commands.

I set this to English (UK), and it asks me to restart, and then voice commands work for a while, until they stop working. When this happens, I go back to the settings, and it's set to None again.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

After further research, I think the problem is the user: my son has been changing stuff in the settings, and didn't know how to put them back.
    Of course, he wouldn't admit as much, until I caught him red-handed, playing a game not available in Ireland.

Advertisement