Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phantom transaction

Options
  • 13-02-2016 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

I checked my account online last sunday, and a 50 euro debit from an atm appeared on my statement, which I hadnt made. I checked again today and the transaction has been removed and the 50 euro returned to my account. Has my account been hacked or interefered with?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

kerosene wrote: »
    I checked my account online last sunday, and a 50 euro debit from an atm appeared on my statement, which I hadnt made. I checked again today and the transaction has been removed and the 50 euro returned to my account. Has my account been hacked or interefered with?
    Good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

If you are logged onto 365 Online, late in the evening when the system is updating account transactions, it can appear that transactions have been duplicated and the balances will sometimes not seem to be correct however, the final balance will always be correct. This will then rectify a short time later when the system has finished updating.
    Once all transactions on your account are ones you have made there is no need to worry. If you’d like to have a representative check your account you can send your query via the Online service desk ‘Ask a Question’ or alternatively you can call BOI Direct on 0818365365 and a representative will be happy to assist you.

Representatives are available Monday-Friday from 8am-Midnight and 9am-6pm on weekends and bank 
    holidays.

Thanks, 
    Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

There was an actual transaction for a debit of 50euro on my online statement last mon/tue. A transaction I knew i hadnt made. On Friday when i checked again the transaction had disappeared and the 50 euro was returned to my account. I found it strange, i had no access to the 50 euro because i went to take money from my account for petrol but i wasnt allowed to access it. however when i checked my account again sat morning the fifty was available to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

kerosene wrote: »
    There was an actual transaction for a debit of 50euro on my online statement last mon/tue. A transaction I knew i hadnt made. On Friday when i checked again the transaction had disappeared and the 50 euro was returned to my account. I found it strange, i had no access to the 50 euro because i went to take money from my account for petrol but i wasnt allowed to access it. however when i checked my account again sat morning the fifty was available to me.
    Hi Kerosene,

As we don't have account access here, we'd be unable to look into this further for you. 

If you're registered for Banking 365 Online, you can submit a query to us by selecting 'Online Service Desk' & 'Ask a Question' and a representative will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Sharon

Advertisement