Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climb 8

• 13-02-2016 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi all.Has anyone got any of the climb 8 gear? I am looking for a decent waterproof/breathable jacket and the lough conn jacket looks like good value for 150 quid.Any feedback would be appreciated lads!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

I have one of their jackets, not sure if the name but it's the full size one with a good hood, the cuffs seal well and the pockets are waterproof.

I picked mine up at the angling show last year for €100 and I have to say it's a fantastic coat.

I use it mostly in the boat but I also use it duck shooting on wet days.

Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭rtc

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    I have one of their jackets, not sure if the name but it's the full size one with a good hood, the cuffs seal well and the pockets are waterproof.

I picked mine up at the angling show last year for €100 and I have to say it's a fantastic coat.

I use it mostly in the boat but I also use it duck shooting on wet days.

Highly recommended.
    I'm going to the show next week so I'll pick one up there.Thanks the the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭bluezulu49

rtc wrote: »
    Hi all.Has anyone got any of the climb 8 gear? I am looking for a decent waterproof/breathable jacket and the lough conn jacket looks like good value for 150 quid.Any feedback would be appreciated lads!

I have both the Lough Conn Jacket and over trousers which I use for boat fishing and occasionally shooting in downpours. They are the most effective waterproof breathable clothes I have come across and I recommend them highly.

Bluezulu49.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭MarcinG

i have short wading jacket (not sure about the name) for few years (2?). It's hanging in my van and i use it often as my main rain jacket (including hunting when i do some crawling.). some of seam tape has peeled off but it never leaked. I was thinking of buying longer jacket as a every day item but couldn't find longer one in dublin (short is not very good for walking not to mention crawling. Will certainly recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Jim from Cork

I have the breathable waders and wading jacket.
    Use them boat fishing. Great gear.
    I'm sure they are at the show next weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭rtc

I have the breathable waders and wading jacket.
    Use them boat fishing. Great gear.
    I'm sure they are at the show next weekend.

Thanks for all the replies lads!

Advertisement