Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying on Clogher Road

Options
  • 13-02-2016 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi folks,

Am looking at a house on Clogher Road, just opposite Slane Road.

Any thoughts/views on the area? House seems oddly cheap, even by Crumlin standards.

Anything I don't know about?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Dogmatix55 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Am looking at a house on Clogher Road, just opposite Slane Road.

Any thoughts/views on the area? House seems oddly cheap, even by Crumlin standards.

Anything I don't know about?

Thanks!

Everyone will have a look at it now out of nosyness do we have to go looking on daft or can you simply put up a link

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

Used to live on that road. Great park beside there, great location, astro pitches and youth club centre there too. Cant think of why it would be cheap unless needs massive renovation.

Unless its the one on the corner at the canal. No parking spot with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dogmatix55

Jeeze louise!

I can't post any links because I'm a NEW USER!!! I don't make the rules...!!

Thanks Yes There!

Was reading, on this site and others, about various uncool goings-on around Clogher Rd. Is that generally the town end/down near Rutland Grove etc?

Pardon my lack of expertise. All non-tabloid insights most welcome!

Thanks!

Jeeze louise!

Thanks Yes There!

Was reading, on this site and others, about various uncool goings-on around Clogher Rd. Is that generally the town end/down near Rutland Grove etc?

Thanks!

What did you hear about it? Years and years ago it had a rep, butchers road or something like that it was affectionately known as.

The grove is just your standard old estate with your standard goings on.
    Never encountered anything out of the ordinary. Relations lived on it all their lives and would say the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Jeeze louise!

Thanks Yes There!

Thanks!

Being new it appears you haven't read the forum charter, being civil is one of the key points. It's in a sticky at the top of the forum page. Please familiarise yourself with it before posting again.

Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dogmatix55

athtrasna wrote: »
    Being new it appears you haven't read the forum charter, being civil is one of the key points. It's in a sticky at the top of the forum page. Please familiarise yourself with it before posting again.

Mod

Apologies, I thought my faux outrage and consternation were demonstrated by the "jeeze louise". I wasn't being uncivil, although I can see how it appeared that way. Tone doesn't translate so well in text, and I couldn't find any emoticons. Perhaps I am a cabbage. Apologies for any offence caused!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Jeeze louise!

Thanks Yes There!

Thanks!

Rutland Grove is known as Hatchet Grove locally ........ make of that what you will.

I know the area quite well, I personally wouldn't live anywhere near there myself .......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Is that area not closed off today ?? Which says somthing

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Dublin21

Ive lived in Crumlin, my mothers side of the family are from Crumlin (her Grandparents are actually from Clogher road) and I previously lived in Dolphins Barn and regularly walked down Clogher road.

I personally love the road. I have NEVER had any issues in Crumlin or Dolphins barn or whilst walking down that road, ive never seen any anti social behaviour and never felt unsafe.
    I would buy on Clogher road if we hadn't just bought a house elsewhere!

Saying that I also love areas that people would call the 'Nicer parts of Dublin, D4/6 Castleknock etc etc- I still wouldn't recommend to live there as I don't know who your neighbours would be!

All anyone can do is tell you their experience of a place!! - visit it regularly, eat in the area, walk in the area have a drink in the local pub etc.

P.s I walked down the road this morning - it was not closed off at that stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Daibh

Bought a place nearer the canal end a couple of years ago. Never had any issues, neighbours are all sound, 150 bus into town, lots of schools / hospitals around, supervalu on sundrive, lots of young families buying on Clogher road recently etc. Not sure about the other end of Clogher though, nearer Kildare Rd.

Advertisement