Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 27 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

patmac wrote: »
    Have a ft so is it worth Aguero to Vardy and then getting him back in again for gw28?

Who are your other 2 upfront? I have Aguero - Kane - Lukaku and plan on benching Kun and doing Lukaku>Vardy. I don't think its worth using two transfers to bring Vardy in for a week with the fixture pile up we're going to be having shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Arnie wasnt in the squad yesterday... and he's yellow flagged for injury.

Plus he has been sh1te recently. I'm thinking of selling him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Arnie wasnt in the squad yesterday... and he's yellow flagged for injury.

Plus he has been sh1te recently. I'm thinking of selling him.

He was ill yday
    He can't perform any worse than Sanchez
    And villa are poo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

km79 wrote:
    He was ill yday He can't perform any worse than Sanchez And villa are poo

Villa next eh? That changes things so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Looking to get Arnie in as a 5th midfielder, Stoke scoring again, nice fixtures coming up (Villa and Newcastle home in next 2), and no blanks

I'd say that will be one of my fts. May also get Vardy for stupid Austin. May do another one for a hit for the fúcking craic....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Stoke had been on a dreadful run they had a great result yesterday. It would be fairly harsh to change the team.

Stoke had been on a dreadful run they had a great result yesterday. It would be fairly harsh to change the team.

But I love bringing in players who don't play didn't you know. My new tactic!

Lot will depend on whether Arnie signs a new contract. Anyone thinking of him should keep an eye on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

jimmii wrote: »
    Who are your other 2 upfront? I have Aguero - Kane - Lukaku and plan on benching Kun and doing Lukaku>Vardy. I don't think its worth using two transfers to bring Vardy in for a week with the fixture pile up we're going to be having shortly.

Kane and Rooney or my 2 other strikers

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've kept Arnie for the past 5/6 GWs with this week in mind.

I'll be apocalyptic if he doesn't start and score a hat trick! A clear sign people should keep away from him :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

patmac wrote: »
    Kane and Rooney or my 2 other strikers

Do you have your WC still? If you go the Vardy route probably best to keep him for WBA while Aguero is away to Liverpool then bring him back in for AVL although planning 3 weeks ahead is asking for trouble with how much things are up in the air right now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Imbula for Stoke might be worth a punt instead of Arnie, only 5 million too. Might bring him in for Firmino next gw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

siblers wrote: »
    Imbula for Stoke might be worth a punt instead of Arnie, only 5 million too. Might bring him in for Firmino next gw.

A quick wiki on him tells me has only 8 career goals in 202 matches! He's also a defensive mid too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

siblers wrote:

He's a defensive mid who scored with his only shot. No for me.

Ah fair enough, didn't realise he was a defensive mid. Was about to pull the trigger and all :pac:

Was planning on keeping Firmino but his next fixtures aren't great plus Sturridge is back. Stoke have Villa and Newcastle at home next, great fixtures. Does anyone know how Shaqiri has been playing? Worth a punt? I suppose Arnie is the best option if he's fit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Stoke midfielder looks a certainty now

km79 wrote: »
    Stoke midfielder looks a certainty now

Let's hope we have a clear stance on Arnie's injury come next GW. If not, I'll gamble on Shaqiri :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Yaya to Khazri

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Aguero to Vardy done.

Will hang on to my other FT for a bit...will hold onto Firminio and Sanchez I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Well F U Danny Simpson :(

Luckily have 2fts, but will have to use them on defenders now and keep Firmino. More tempted by a Stoke rather than a Southampton defender given the GW27 and 30 fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Have 2FTs and will do Lukaku to Vardy for the first 1.
    I was planning to keep the other but with Simpson suspended that would mean having to start Fletcher in order to field 11.

So is using the 2nd transfer worth it? I would be thinking to switch Barkley or Fletcher to Arnie or Siggy....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Guys I know Lukaku to Vardy will be a popular transfer but Everton have a nice GW28 fixture and are away to Sunderland in skinny GW30 if Bournemouth beat them in FA cup. My advice is to ignore the Vardy price rise if you can and be patient. The transfer can wait imo. He's a hold for me this week even if they win that cup tie.

ElTel wrote: »
    Guys I know Lukaku to Vardy will be a popular transfer but Everton have a nice GW28 fixture and are away to Sunderland in skinny GW30 if Bournemouth beat them in FA cup. My advice is to ignore the Vardy price rise if you can and be patient. The transfer can wait imo. He's a hold for me this week even if they win that cup tie.

That's what I'll be doing. Couldn't care less about the price changes. I'd prefer lukaku to aguero in gw28. Villa have a game 3 days before the Everton game and Everton have a blank so will be fresher. Then city are away to Liverpool 3 days after a cup final between the two of them. I could end up doing aguero to vardy for 27 and kane to aguero for 28. I think its safer to sell aguero over lukaku for those with both considering agueros injury record aswell. He has a cl game chelsea in the cup and a carling cup final before his next league game.Well done again on the aguero to ade move fortune favours the brave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Already did Lukaku to Vardy, sorry guys :p

Norwich at home is a tasty fixture, and even when Everton go to Villa Leicester have WBA at home which isn't bad either. You also have the surety of a GW30 for Leicester while having to hope that Bournemouth beat Everton to be sure of having Big Rom in your GW30 team.

Even with the transfer I can only field 10 (Aguero bench, Simpson & Wanyama both suspended) so I think I'll take a -4 and get Silva out for someone - Eriksen is a temptation but I'm trying to keep GW30 in mind.

Already did Lukaku to Vardy, sorry guys :p

Norwich at home is a tasty fixture, and even when Everton go to Villa Leicester have WBA at home which isn't bad either. You also have the surety of a GW30 for Leicester while having to hope that Bournemouth beat Everton to be sure of having Big Rom in your GW30 team.

Even with the transfer I can only field 10 (Aguero bench, Simpson & Wanyama both suspended) so I think I'll take a -4 and get Silva out for someone - Eriksen is a temptation but I'm trying to keep GW30 in mind.

I'll be getting vardy for gw 27 100%. The argument is that it may be better to take out aguero rather than lukaku to get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Before GW27 kicks off we have:
    - 2 x sets of Europa League fixtures (Tottenham, Liverpool, Man United)
    - 1 x set of Champions League fixtures (Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City)
    - Last 16 of the FA Cup.

I'll ignore any price moves and sit tight on this transfer until Friday week. Too much potential for injury/suspension, and the FA Cup results will hopefully give some clarity to future blanks. A 0.1 or 0.2 gain or saving here or there is not worth it IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm holding tight. Aguero was my only player with a blank so I'll be starting to look towards GW30 with my 2 FT's.

Tempted to dump Austin (who is about to as insult to embarrassing injury by dropping 0.1) to Vardy who might be rising tonight afaik.

However that would inevitably see a season ending injury to Pellè. Holding tight till after FA Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

FHFC wrote: »
    Tempted to dump Austin (who is about to as insult to embarrassing injury by dropping 0.1) to Vardy who might be rising tonight afaik.

However that would inevitably see a season ending injury to Pellè. Holding tight till after FA Cup.

I'd do it. Vardy has nothing between the next gw AFAIR, is on form and has amazing fixtures. Compare that to Austin who doesn't start. Would be very risky to go without Vardy for next and upcoming fixtures IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Would it be as harsh as changing your starting RB for first time all seaosn unenforced after your team haven't conceded in 5 straight matches?

#JusticeForCedric

• Advertisement

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I'd do it. Vardy has nothing between the next gw AFAIR, is on form and has amazing fixtures. Compare that to Austin who doesn't start. Would be very risky to go without Vardy for next and upcoming fixtures IMO

I'll most likely do it but not till last minute. If Austin does look like starting for some reason I could possibly dump Agüero for Vardy as others have been contemplating.

Will definitely have Vardy for Norwich. Maybe Fuchs too.

Koeman admitted that Austin needs to bide his time to get a start, with Long and Graziano Pelle starting ahead of him in the last two games.

“It’s all about opportunities. At the moment he is not starting, but that can change in one or two week,” the boss said about Austin.

Feckit I've 2fts. Maybe i should just get it over with. After jumping when I should have stayed am I now holding of on the inevitable and obvious move which will cost me 0.2 and maybe more by GW deadline.

FHFC wrote: »
    Feckit I've 2fts. Maybe i should just get it over with. After jumping when I should have stayed am I now holding of on the inevitable and obvious move which will cost me 0.2 and maybe more by GW deadline.

I'm all for holding off on transfers but in your circumstance with 2 fts and with players that both have no game due to the cup next weekend. Id go ahead and make the move. If aguero gets injured you have the 2nd ft to sort it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ighalo to Vardy done before the price rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Basically the question I must ask myself is: Can I stay inside 1 million without Vardy?

Which is to be quickly followed by: Why am I such a stubborn idiot?

2 weeks plus the rest of this season to think about those answers I guess.

Dunno whether to do Giroud to Vardy or Ighaloo to Vardy, Giroud is away to Utd and has 2 cup ties but I've as soft spot for the beautiful bastard and don't want to see him go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

siblers wrote: »
    Dunno whether to do Giroud to Vardy or Ighaloo to Vardy, Giroud is away to Utd and has 2 cup ties but I've as soft spot for the beautiful bastard and don't want to see him go.

Don't know about selling Vardy given he has Norwich next and guaranteed games when others blank.
    Giroud does make a handsome argument though.

My season is in such dire straights that I'm having a strict policy of only buying players I like.

Shades of my 08/09 season, I had Dean Ashton Captain in GW1, got me 2 goals.

Then he was ruled out for the season soon after (and never played a game again).

I was so disgusted that I left him captain and left my team unchanged foe the season. It was my first year playing and pretty sure I didn't understand the transfer system, but I stand by my decision and by poor Dean!

James Collins and Cedric are mainstays from here on in no matter what,
    they'll possibly soon be joined by John Terry, Silva, Rooney and a pile of cheapies to accommodate them.

*I think I've finally snapped after 26 weeks of misery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Desperately want Vardy back in but I can't drop any of aguero lukaku or Costa. Somebody please advice

Desperately want Vardy back in but I can't drop any of aguero lukaku or Costa. Somebody please advice

I'd have Vardy over Costa and Lukaku but maybe sell Aguero or Lukaku temporarily for this week at the very least. I'd sell Lukaku permanently myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

It'll be Silva out for me, possibly for Arnie assuming he's back. I'll hold off on making it til the end anyhoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Aguero too Vardy will be happening and
    Lingard too Arnie and Dann too Fonte are both calling out too me but I'll wait and see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I've got two FTs and a lot of patience. Ward and/or Moreno out for Lei/Sot defenders is quite likely, and if fixtures provide a good alternative for Firmino I'll take it. His returns are likely to diminish now with Pool's attackers back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I'd have Vardy over Costa and Lukaku but maybe sell Aguero or Lukaku temporarily for this week at the very least. I'd sell Lukaku permanently myself.

Lukaku has 3 nice fixtures coming up, I may move him after those, I've temporarily dropped Aguero for Vardy for now, and look at getting Kun back in if he survives the cup and champions league games.

shineon23 wrote: »
    Don't know about selling Vardy given he has Norwich next and guaranteed games when others blank.
    Giroud does make a handsome argument though.

My season is in such dire straights that I'm having a strict policy of only buying players I like.

Shades of my 08/09 season, I had Dean Ashton Captain in GW1, got me 2 goals.

Then he was ruled out for the season soon after (and never played a game again).

I was so disgusted that I left him captain and left my team unchanged foe the season. It was my first year playing and pretty sure I didn't understand the transfer system, but I stand by my decision and by poor Dean!

James Collins and Cedric are mainstays from here on in no matter what,
    they'll possibly soon be joined by John Terry, Silva, Rooney and a pile of cheapies to accommodate them.

*I think I've finally snapped after 26 weeks of misery.
    I'm bringing Vardy in, I dunno who to bring him in for though! I've done the same, had Lloris 2 seasons ago cause I thought he was amazing even though there were better choices, did the same last year with Siggy and Pelle. Would have done the same this year with Silva but actually have something to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I don't know if I was right in not pulling the trigger for Vardy yesterday (sensible decisions are not yet paying off this season - I'm still hoping it'll change) but as many of you already mentioned, I'm not fully set on who to ditch between Aguero & Lukaku considering their upcoming fixtures depending upon the FA Cup results.

Though I'm starting to have a bad feeling about this round, it seems written there'll be many draws and all our planning could be throwned out of the window :mad:.

Busts, tell me your nemesis got a bad GW with his 7 transfers and that he's starting to be fùcked. Please...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Need to get rid of Lukaku or Silva, but not sure who I want yet. Have Aguero/Vardy up top and Payet/Alli/Ozil/Mahrez in midfield..2 ft this week. Just can't cope with the strong front 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

iroced wrote: »
    I don't know if I was right in not pulling the trigger for Vardy yesterday (sensible decisions are not yet paying off this season - I'm still hoping it'll change) but as many of you already mentioned, I'm not fully set on who to ditch between Aguero & Lukaku considering their upcoming fixtures depending upon the FA Cup results.

Though I'm starting to have a bad feeling about this round, it seems written there'll be many draws and all our planning could be throwned out of the window :mad:.

Busts, tell me your nemesis got a bad GW with his 7 transfers and that he's starting to be fùcked. Please...

He did fairly crap this week alright but still well in the top 100 in the world.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/2820118/event-history/26/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

He did fairly crap this week alright but still well in the top 100 in the world.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/2820118/event-history/26/
    Right. He didn't touch his team. e.g. Fonte last on the bench & Alder playing :rolleyes:.

Good to know there are some guys like that uptop. Definitely catchable.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Aguero too Vardy will be happening and
    Lingard too Arnie and Dann too Fonte are both calling out too me but I'll wait and see

Sorry couldn't resist :P

iroced wrote: »

Ye I gained 20 pts on him. He is in a spot of bother next gw as his main man Barry has no game ha. So surely he will make a transfer. I'd be pretty sure he knows nothing about the blanks though so I live in hope.

• Advertisement
Advertisement