Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portumna Forest Marathon 2016

Options
  • 13-02-2016 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

Web site: http://www.forestmarathon.com/

Previous thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057313330

I see from the website that they have a new race day this year, with a HM, 10k and 5k on 7th May as well as the 100k, 50k, marathon and HM on 11th June.

I entered the 50k in 2013 but I wasn't right and was kindly allowed to defer my entry to 2014. I was injured in 2014 and when I rang the RD there was no problem deferring my entry to 2015. Then last year, I thought that an ultra would be too much for me so I switched to the half but the injury I had in 2014 came back and I couldn't run. At this stage it was getting embarrassing and I was just going to forget about the race this year thinking it just wasn't meant to be. However I got an email today inviting me to register for free for the race in June so yay I'm going to Portumna. Delighted.com :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Web site: http://www.forestmarathon.com/

Previous thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057313330

I see from the website that they have a new race day this year, with a HM, 10k and 5k on 7th May as well as the 100k, 50k, marathon and HM on 11th June.

I entered the 50k in 2013 but I wasn't right and was kindly allowed to defer my entry to 2014. I was injured in 2014 and when I rang the RD there was no problem deferring my entry to 2015. Then last year, I thought that an ultra would be too much for me so I switched to the half but the injury I had in 2014 came back and I couldn't run. At this stage it was getting embarrassing and I was just going to forget about the race this year thinking it just wasn't meant to be. However I got an email today inviting me to register for free for the race in June so yay I'm going to Portumna. Delighted.com :D

In fairness that's great service, just make sure you turn up!

Might see you there :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

TbL

100k it is so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

I entered the 50k in 2013 but I wasn't right a I got an email today inviting me to register for free for the race in June so yay I'm going to Portumna. Delighted.com :D

Mrs. D is defending Full Marathon champion and is planning a return so see ya there. I'll mind your bags. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

In fairness that's great service, just make sure you turn up!

TbL
    Bulmers74 wrote: »
    100k it is so :D
    Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Mrs. D is defending Full Marathon champion and is planning a return so see ya there. I'll mind your bags. :D

Deadly. Boards day out in portumna. TbL and bulmers in the 100k, Dilbert in the 50k, Mrs D in the marathon and me in the half. Sweet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Deadly. Boards day out in portumna. TbL and bulmers in the 100k, Dilbert in the 50k, Mrs D in the marathon and me in the half. Sweet :D

When is the 5k on again :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

martyboy48 wrote: »
    When is the 5k on again :D:D

I assumed 50 was a typo - there's a chance I might do 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bbaja42

Just booked the Forest Marathon, my first marathon. Looking forward to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Entered 50K only half the man TBL is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

ger664 wrote: »
    Entered 50K only half the man TBL is :)

You're right, by body weight :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Did I read somewhere that there is a slight course change this year ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 amabs

I see the entry for the 7th May event is closed, does anyone know is it completely full for all events?

Looks like a good boards crew for this but we may not be able to recognise some people as I hear they are going in disguise:D

Things have started to come together nicely of late for me so I am going to give sub 4 a crack. It will either go well or end in tears.

Username|Distance|Current PB|Predicted Time|Actual Time
    ger664|50K||3:59:30||

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Looks like a good boards crew for this but we may not be able to recognise some people as I hear they are going in disguise:D

Things have started to come together nicely of late for me so I am going to give sub 4 a crack. It will either go well or end in tears.

Best of luck Ger for your 50th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭UM1

Can u stick a friend of mine in for d 100(he is known for fock1n up tables...pb 9:57.,predicted time 10:40.

UGOATEE1|100K|9:57:00|10:40:00

UGOATEE1|100K|9:57:00|10:40:00|
    cm|HM|1:36:34|1:51:00|

I feel like a bit of a fraud adding my name to the table when I'm only doing the half marathon :D Best of luck to everyone. Hopefully it won't be as humid at the weekend!

If anyone is stuck for a lift in morn my friend is driving down from kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Trampas

UM1 wrote: »
    If anyone is stuck for a lift in morn my friend is driving down from kildare.

Good luck to your friend and make sure your friend #dfiu or he could be moving to a place where he'll find new friends

Wheels came off 4:13 still good enough for 3rd spot

Well done ger. Was lovely to meet you. 1:40 for me I think. Bit faster than planned but got into a good rhythm and was delighted with how strong I felt. I loved the course and seeing all the ultra runners doing their stuff. Very well organised and hopefully I'll be back next year!!

P.S saw ultraman's friend .... he had his shirt off at an early stage ;)

• Advertisement

As usual a well organised race by the portumna crew,took my time and got the guns out :)

Part 1 of a very short race report

• Registered Users Posts: 8 always running behind

great race report - and well done! You brought back many memories of last Saturday that I'd prefer to forget ;)

I'm useless at rememberingn details of races, I think that's what keeps me going back to run more - sort of like labour!

Great report Ger :D

Advertisement