Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safest way to keep relatively small amounts in Sterling

Options
  • 13-02-2016 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi all,

I will be coming into about £7,000 GBP in the next few months and would like to know the easiest mechanism for keeping this money in Sterling currency.

Can I just ask my bank to do this?

Do I need to open an account with an English Bank?

This money is the result of an accident I had in the UK some years ago so do I need to declare it to Irish authorities for the purposes of taxation?

That's the questions, I'll explain the motivation briefly here but unless you're really interested there is no need for you to waste time reading it.

Due to Sterling being the stronger currency and the rumours at the moment of a second global economic implosion this century, I thought there is a good chance that the euro could lose a lot of its value against the pound over the next year or 18 months.

Mods, if this is in the wrong forum please redirect me to where it should go.

Thanks in advance

Comments

Advertisement