Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody use a home smoker?

Options
  • 13-02-2016 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

What type do you have and are you pleased with it?
    I have wanted to try one of these for ages but don't really know the what's and the how's. Any advice welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

Look in the BBC/grilling thread, plenty of info there.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭twignme

twerg_85 wrote: »
    Look in the BBC/grilling thread, plenty of info there.

Thanks for the suggestion but having looked through the thread it seems that it's mainly about bbq smokers. I'm interested in the indoor variety, the sort you can use on the cooktop for doing small amounts of food. I've seen somebody use an old biscuit tin they had adapted :eek: and it appeared to work ok but I'm looking for other smokers that may be available and any hints about recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

That's brilliant Speedwell, thanks :)

I can't wait to start experimenting!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Markcheese

That'd be hot smoking then ,yeah ?
    As in stuff is cooked coming out ?

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement

Yes, like mackerel and salmon which would be cooked by the heat and smoke and also things like cheese just to give it the smoky flavour. I want to do chicken and duck breasts as well but not sure if they have to be pre-cooked to any degree.

Advertisement