Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection has deteriorated beyond use.

Options
  • 13-02-2016 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Our Eir fibre connection has become unfit for purpose if more than one person in the house is using it. Even if I restrict access to the router to just my PC the latency when playing games and such renders them unplayable.

I've been in contact with the eir customer care numerous times over the past few months only to be fobbed off everytime, each time the technical support team send me to a different department who then sends me back to them. I'm still waiting on an email from Eir outling what they can do for me in relation to the last time I contacted them to complain about our service. The question being why we cannot be connected to an exchange less than 200m away in a neighbouring estate.

Part of the issue is that our connection is 1.6kms away as told to us by a technician who called to the house, in his own opinion he said no house should ever be any more than 400m away to ensure a stable connection. 

It's a sad state of affairs when I use my phones hotspot to use as my primary source of internet at home, even worse it's the 3 4g network which vastly out performing Eirs own "fibre" service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭JoeyDoh

Bumping this as my post seems to have been the only one not replied to by Eir:Alan today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Apologies JoeyDoh

Feel free to PM me your eir land line number and I'll get back to you within 24hrs

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement