Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pleasure Beach

Options
  • 13-02-2016 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Played the workmans club last night.... They seem to have something about them... A great single (Go) and good live, to boot.... Anyone else go? Am i getting my hopes up unduly?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

They're not bad at all, might have gone but was at Cian Nugent in the Grand Social. There's a name to keep an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

roll wrote: »
    Played the workmans club last night.... They seem to have something about them... A great single (Go) and good live, to boot.... Anyone else go? Am i getting my hopes up unduly?!

I was at it. Really good show. I'm a big fan of their stuff so far. Looking foward to the debut album. Don't know if there's one due out this year or not though. I think they're still working on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I was there, good gig I dont think they are my cup of tea but they played well and seem to have something about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

i like the go single, don't know much else

but are today fm invested in them? i haven't heard a single get so much station airplay in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

It's not a bad single,sounds heavily influenced by a certain Canadian band.
    Surprising a band from Belfast would sell out the workman's on the back of one song, I guess they must have good promoters.Let's see what they follow up this single with before jumping to conclusions of world domination.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Saw them in Whelan's last night .. had only heard the stuff on TXFM and Spotify. Great gig - really good band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

And HotPress agree with you,world domination back on the cards.

http://www.hotpress.com/music/reviews/live/Live-Review-Pleasure-Beach-at-Whelans/19641996.html

Advertisement