Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can't understand the Electric Heater acumulators

Options
  • 13-02-2016 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi all,

After some months here living with Electric acumulators, I still using it without proper knowledge,

I understand this:

You have the output switch, (the heat dropped to the room, doesn't affect to your electricity bill)

You have the input switch ( the heat stored , it cost electricity, """"only works during the night"""")

My model is the CXL18N
    http ://ww w.dimplex.co.uk /assets/kb/operating_instructions/0/CXLN_Operating_Instructions_Issue_003.pdf

However something is not right ,

I use to be out of home until 7pm more or less, so basically we use the output/input at maximum during about 2 hours before go bed (we have the power switches off while we are not using the heater because we don't understand how works ), according with the things that I am reading about the acumulator, it only take electricity during the night,

If I my both electricity switches are off all the time (except when we use the heater) How is heating if my heater only takes electricity during the night and I am using it at 7pm?????

How the heater knows "now is the night" if has not a clock?

I think that the logical usage for example for the weekends (i use to be at home all the day) is the next, for example friday night.

Put the input switch to a high value (because is cold) and the output to the minimum value (because is the night and I don't need it) before go to bed

When I wake up put the input value to minimum (because the electricity is more expensive during the day) and increase the output to heat my room

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

It uses electricity at night (when it's cheaper) to build up internal heat and store it- this is the 'input'.

It releases the heat constantly and slowly into the room - this is the 'output'

If you have the output set high when you are not there, you will waste the stored heat.

If you turn the power off, it will not store up heat at night, therefore you will have no heat the next day. It does not store heat during the day.

The timer that controls it is linked to the night rate meter, you can't change it.

Advertisement