Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of the insurance scene for a long time

• 13-02-2016 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Just wondering is there a point where old claims are not held against you?

I had an accident in 2009 and the insurer paid out a considerable sum. I never renewed the policy as it was too expensive. I then emigrated.

If I were to return to Ireland would a claim from 2009 be used against me?

I just want to know. I have considered returning to Ireland but if I am treated like a piece of sh*t I won't bother.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Just wondering is there a point where old claims are not held against you?

I had an accident in 2009 and the insurer paid out a considerable sum. I never renewed the policy as it was too expensive. I then emigrated.

If I were to return to Ireland would a claim from 2009 be used against me?

I just want to know. I have considered returning to Ireland but if I am treated like a piece of sh*t I won't bother.

If the claim was CLOSED 5+ years ago, you'll just be treated as a novice driver. Novice drivers are, indeed, treated like a piece of **** :)

Advertisement