Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on Regency Court, Friary Street

Options
  • 13-02-2016 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking about getting into Regency Court on Friary Street, off High Street. I wonder does anyone here has any experience what's the everyday life in those apartments? Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

lived in the top floor across from the friary and i liked it. Ideal if you are working in town and don't need a car but a pain in the balls if you have a car....not sure where you could park it. there was limited space in the underground car park back then.

There was issue with the hall ways and lifts back then but not sure what it is like now.
    I presume you are thinking of renting and not buying?

If you are in the front of the building and down near the pubs the sound does travel up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Thank you Bowlardo! Ermm, thinking of buying and have a car too. There's one space with it. It would be a temporary solution, getting away from renting, then when I have had enough I can rent it out. (Place has a bit steep maint. fee as well)

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

padyjoe wrote: »
    I'm thinking about getting into Regency Court on Friary Street, off High Street. I wonder does anyone here has any experience what's the everyday life in those apartments? Thank you!

I wouldn't go near the place. Heard plenty of dodgy stories about the place recently. Some1 threw a chip pan full of oil in the lift, the drains always blocked up with grease. loud parties from 2 apartments during the week, when asked to be quiet a fight nearly broke out.
    Apparently a few bad tenants that when the forget their key, they just break the main entrance door.

Thank you 1984baby! I thought it's one of the better places, bit cramped alright, looked ok-ish on viewing but had not stayed too long while there it was quiet. I have a feeling should look somewhere else.

I apologise to the mods but I have ended in a situation where I must go from my current place (it's sold) very soon. :( If anyone knows a 1 or 2 bedroom place for rent let me know please! Not much out there at the moment so trying everywhere. Thank you!!

• Advertisement

Thank you! I'd be prepared if both of us were driving. But in the end it might happen if no other option left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Lived there back in 2008 (renting). There's 3 separate blocks to regency court, 3 separate entrances. There were major problems with the management/maintenance side of things back then. Some people weren't paying management fees so nothing was being done. Underground car park was closed, refuse wasn't being collected, lift wasn't working etc was a dump to be honest but the apartments were nice inside. I'd investigate the management situation before moving in to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

Lived there back in 2008 (renting). There's 3 separate blocks to regency court, 3 separate entrances. There were major problems with the management/maintenance side of things back then. Some people weren't paying management fees so nothing was being done. Underground car park was closed, refuse wasn't being collected, lift wasn't working etc was a dump to be honest but the apartments were nice inside. I'd investigate the management situation before moving in to be honest.

its been under new management for some years now and they have improved it a lot. Problem tennants have been evicted and a lot of the old issues have been fixed so its a lot better not then it was back then

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

An old thread, but are there any new opinions on this place?

• Advertisement
Advertisement