Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa versus Liverpool Thread of the match

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

astonaidan wrote: »
    Liverpool supporters are possibly the saddest bunch of supports in football, are they really ones to throw stones, I could find a list of pathetic comments posted in the aul Liverpool forum to find **** fans easily

No one said any differently. It's well known we are literally the worst fans in the world of any sport.

But Villa are definitely up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

What's sad is a teams 'supporters' hoping their team would lose so another team would be prevented from trying for a title.

Contrast that with Liverpool supporters looking for their team to win against Blackburn despite that win possibly leading their biggest rivals to win the title because of that win.

I simply cannot understand those 'supporters' hoping for their team to lose ANY game. So yeah, I enjoy Karma biting them on the ass.

Villas other supporters, not so much.

Nothing against villa, I quite liked the club, actually.

So every single Liverpool supporter, which you can confirm I'm sure, were hoping to beat Blackburn regardless? Your talking as if there's something 'different' about Liverpool than another team's supporters that they somehow 100% share the same opinions. I don't believe for a second that every single Liverpool supporter wanted to win that match, but hey a few Villa fans on an internet forum is enough to use as something 'we' don't do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Corholio wrote: »
    So every single Liverpool supporter, which you can confirm I'm sure, were hoping to beat Blackburn regardless? Your talking as if there's something 'different' about Liverpool than another team's supporters that they somehow 100% share the same opinions. I don't believe for a second that every single Liverpool supporter wanted to win that match, but hey a few Villa fans on an internet forum is enough to use as something 'we' don't do.

Meh.

I was lucky enough to be at that match and in the days leading up to it both here and in Liverpool, I cannot recall one Liverpool fan saying they hoped we would throw the game.

Possibly there were some but they weren't silly enough to actually say it or graffiti it on a wall.

Each to their own, I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

**** me that's some petty ****, get over it FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Meh.

I was lucky enough to be at that match and in the days leading up to it both here and in Liverpool, I cannot recall one Liverpool fan saying they hoped we would throw the game.

Possibly there were some but they weren't silly enough to actually say it or graffiti it on a wall.

Each to their own, I suppose.

Literally every Liverpool supporting friend/acquaintance I know wanted Blackburn to win that game in the lead up to it. It was very easy to say they didn't in hindsight when the other result went their way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

For a total not worthy of a Super Sunday game the viewer figures for Aston Villa V Liverpool were bigger than the viewer figures for the top of the table clash between Arsenal and Leicester, and that Liverpool game went head to head with the England Rugby game.

Normal 4pm slot with no rugby did get the highest viewer figure

Arsenal v Leicester – 1,364,000
    Aston Villa v Liverpool – 1,379,000

Man City v Spurs – 1,698,000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

For a total not worthy of a Super Sunday game the viewer figures for Aston Villa V Liverpool were bigger than the viewer figures for the top of the table clash between Arsenal and Leicester, and that Liverpool game went head to head with the England Rugby game.

Normal 4pm slot with no rugby did get the highest viewer figure

Arsenal v Leicester – 1,364,000
    Aston Villa v Liverpool – 1,379,000

Man City v Spurs – 1,698,000

Arsenal game was on at mass time, so they were off praying for Spurs to lose and never saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭pavb2

Literally every Liverpool supporting friend/acquaintance I know wanted Blackburn to win that game in the lead up to it. It was very easy to say they didn't in hindsight when the other result went their way.

Likewise I don't know of one Villa friend/acquaintance who wanted Us to throw a game. Regarding fans wanting our team to lose there Was the odd one who thought losing a match might hasten the departure of Paul Lambert and these were pilloried on Villa fans forums.

I've been to both Anfield and Goodson many times and there's never been any animosity between Villa & Liverpool/Everton fans In fact Villa fans would have more affinity with the scousers than say the London clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

No one said any differently. It's well known we are literally the worst fans in the world of any sport.

But Villa are definitely up there.

Hmmm even if we were second the chasm between us is so big that its not noticeable, the difference between Villa and Liverpool is Im happy to go watch a match with fans of any other club except Liverpool as they dont go to enjoy the game they just go to talk ****e about the other club

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement