Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Address not on file

Options
  • 14-02-2016 2:41pm

I'm currently at loggerheads with Virgin Media over the Netflix routing issue and have been making enquiries with alternative providers. I recently went into an Eir store to discuss my options. However, one problem I've encountered is that although there is a physical phone line in my apartment, it appears that Eir don't have my actual address on file. It's difficult to explain in a public forum without giving my location away but there's four apartments in the building and two of the addresses you have on file seem to point to the same apartment, with mine left out. The line is completely dead, not even a soft tone on it, so I don't know when it was last active.

If I were to go with an eir fibre order, how much of an issue is this going to be? I'd just like this to be as painless as possible. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Karsini wrote: »
    I'm currently at loggerheads with Virgin Media over the Netflix routing issue and have been making enquiries with alternative providers. I recently went into an Eir store to discuss my options. However, one problem I've encountered is that although there is a physical phone line in my apartment, it appears that Eir don't have my actual address on file. It's difficult to explain in a public forum without giving my location away but there's four apartments in the building and two of the addresses you have on file seem to point to the same apartment, with mine left out. The line is completely dead, not even a soft tone on it, so I don't know when it was last active.

If I were to go with an eir fibre order, how much of an issue is this going to be? I'd just like this to be as painless as possible. :)
    I'm having a sort of similar issue - can't order fibre yet I had it before on same line. Want to get away from virgin ASAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi Karsini

Sorry to hear of the issues you're experiencing. Please PM me your specific address and I'll get back to you within 24Hrs :)

Thanks

Al

Hi guys, any update on this? :)

Hi guys, any update on this? :)
    Hi Karsini

PM me your mobile number and I'll call to discus further

Cheers
    Al

PM sent. Cheers.

• Advertisement

PM sent. Cheers.
    Thanks for taking my call Karsini - any further questions let me know..

Al

Signed up today. :)

I couldn't do it online because of the address issue so I went into the Henry Street store and they looked after me. The rep didn't think I'd need a callout but since the line is completely dead I'd be surprised if this were the case.

Fingers crossed that it all goes well!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I couldn't do it online because of the address issue so I went into the Henry Street store and they looked after me. The rep didn't think I'd need a callout but since the line is completely dead I'd be surprised if this were the case.

Yeah, either the rep (who isnt really eir and won't be technical like ourselves) is wrong or you do have an active path(which would show an APQ vale) but its disconnected within the property. With apartment blocks you can sometimes find you've been pulled off the jumper in the basement/comms room. 

Cheers for the update Karsini - When you recieve a text with the order number (should be within 5 days) let me know and I'll check to make sure all is ok.

Thanks
    Al

Just to finish off this thread. The installer came out today and got everything set up. In his words "it was a handy one". No hassle whatsoever.

Even now at near 10pm I'm getting full speed.
    5151409832.png

Many thanks for your help Alan, so far so good!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Just to finish off this thread. The installer came out today and got everything set up. In his words "it was a handy one". No hassle whatsoever.

Even now at near 10pm I'm getting full speed.
    5151409832.png

Many thanks for your help Alan, so far so good!
    That's great to hear  Karsini,
    Please do let us know if you have any further queries :) 

Pamela

Advertisement