Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v Spurs - Sky Sports 1 - 4:15pm

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

City were on the end of a lot of bad decisions, and that, in reality, made the difference.

That penalty give was frighteningly bad. The game would've likely ended 0-0 without that.

It's like Clattenburg wanted the game to open up, so just gave a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »
    Kompany to be shown a card (7/2, SkyBet).

Good man Vincent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

SlickRic wrote: »
    City were on the end of a lot of bad decisions, and that, in reality, made the difference.

That penalty give was frighteningly bad. The game would've likely ended 0-0 without that.

It's like Clattenburg wanted the game to open up, so just gave a penalty.
    I still can't fathom out why he gave it, to be honest. It was a shocker of a decision. We get that one given against us, yet we were denied a nailed on penalty in the game against Everton a few weeks back for the Stones foul on Sterling late on. They say the big teams get all the decisions. Take it from me; we don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

blueser wrote: »
    I still can't fathom out why he gave it, to be honest. It was a shocker of a decision. We get that one given against us, yet we were denied a nailed on penalty in the game against Everton a few weeks back for the Stones foul on Sterling late on. They say the big teams get all the decisions. Take it from me; we don't.

Maybe Spurs are the bigger team now ;)

Maybe Spurs are the bigger team now ;)
    They're certainly the better team (emphasis on "team"); the table doesn't lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I thought city played well maybe i was watching a different match

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I thought city played well maybe i was watching a different match

For sure. Up until the penalty decision it was a gutless display, you'd have thought Spurs were the home side with all the title winning experience. Then caught out for the winner with the same problem they've had for years; the turnover of possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

blueser wrote:

Whinge whinge bloody whinge.
    Yid army.
    Ye had yer chance when ye equalised, we were all over the shop, but yer multi billion pound team couldn't work hard enough to keep us down. I hope pep brings ye all the happiness in the world☺☺☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Very lucky pen in fairness but I could not give a fcuk. This is Tottenham's time to shine, COYS!!!!!! TO DARE IS TO DO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Whinge whinge bloody whinge.
    Yid army.
    Ye had yer chance when ye equalised, we were all over the shop, but yer multi billion pound team couldn't work hard enough to keep us down. I hope pep brings ye all the happiness in the world☺☺☺

Go back to your own forum. Only showing up this season when yous aren't bottlers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Go back to your own forum. Only showing up this season when yous aren't bottlers

Where is the spurs forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

monkey9 wrote: »

I know this has been asked before, but why did Spurs threads end up in a different forum?

TheCitizen wrote: »
    I know this has been asked before, but why did Spurs threads end up in a different forum?

Apparently there used to be a mod who was a Spurs fan and he set up their own forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

this main soccer forum, is our forum just as much as it is yours love :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

I'm sorry, I'm finding it hard to take such abuse from a fan of a club which hasn't been relevant since 1986 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Just looking at the Spurs forum and it's quite busy. The soccer forum would be a lot more interesting if they had to post here IMO. Especially as they are in the title race!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Apparently there used to be a mod who was a Spurs fan and he set up their own forum.

Was it not a case that it used to be a social group and when the decision was made to get rid of them all (social groups) the active ones were all transferred into hosted forums?

Mods have never had the ability to set up actual forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Was it not a case that it used to be a social group and when the decision was made to get rid of them all (social groups) the active ones were all transferred into hosted forums?

Mods have never had the ability to set up actual forums.

No. That's the excuse for the Chelsea forum.

There is an Arsenal social group, but surprisingly we never got a forum.

It wasn't a mod that set up the Spurs forum, it was an Admin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Well done city, announcing a new manager mid season. Manage doesn't care, players don't care even though they could still win the league, not now anyway!

Quazzie wrote: »
    No. That's the excuse for the Chelsea forum.

There is an Arsenal social group, but surprisingly we never got a forum.

It wasn't a mod that set up the Spurs forum, it was an Admin.
    Why though? They seem to be the only club with their own forum or that don't have a regular thread on the soccer forum pages. Did they get a hard time from fans of other clubs?

It's a pity that forum exists because it takes traffic away from here. I only recently heard Chelsea got their own one. I was wondering why there was a decrease in Chelsea match threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Hammar wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I'm finding it hard to take such abuse from a fan of a club which hasn't been relevant since 1986 :pac:

If you think that's abuse you need to re-evaluate your opinion of the word abuse mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

There is some crazy stuff being spouted by Pellegrini and some fans on here. In the first City match Spurs got two offside goals but so was City's only goal out of the 5 that were scored. In City's last match Sterling crossed a ball that was a foot over the line for a goal. Yesterday, Sterling threw himself at the cross, jumping in the air and turned his back on the ball, sticking his left arm out. The ball struck his arm and the ref gave a very harsh, but hardly totally unforeseen penalty. In the first half, when Rose had dived in, if he had turned his back and the ball had struck his arm, would City have been saying: "fair play, ball to hand, play on"???? After City equalised, they had 15 minutes in front of an up-for-it crowd to get the winner. Instead Spurs scored a beautiful goal at the other end.

Get over it lads.

Deise Vu wrote: »
    There is some crazy stuff being spouted by Pellegrini and some fans on here. In the first City match Spurs got two offside goals but so was City's only goal out of the 5 that were scored. In City's last match Sterling crossed a ball that was a foot over the line for a goal. Yesterday, Sterling threw himself at the cross, jumping in the air and turned his back on the ball, sticking his left arm out. The ball struck his arm and the ref gave a very harsh, but hardly totally unforeseen penalty. In the first half, when Rose had dived in, if he had turned his back and the ball had struck his arm, would City have been saying: "fair play, ball to hand, play on"???? After City equalised, they had 15 minutes in front of an up-for-it crowd to get the winner. Instead Spurs scored a beautiful goal at the other end.

Get over it lads.

It didn't hit his arm

• Advertisement

It didn't hit his arm

I have seen all the action replays and, in my opinion, the ball struck his elbow. The ref has to make an instant decision. My advice to anyone playing football trying to block a cross is to face it with your arms by your side like Rose did. Don't jump up in the air and pirouette with you arms swinging as a consequence and then be shocked if the ref gives a penalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I have seen all the action replays and, in my opinion, the ball struck his elbow. The ref has to make an instant decision. My advice to anyone playing football trying to block a cross is to face it with your arms by your side like Rose did. Don't jump up in the air and pirouette with you arms swinging as a consequence and then be shocked if the ref gives a penalty.

I don't think it hit his elbow at all so he could have been doing the funky chicken mid air for all the difference it makes. You don't get penalised for intent when it comes to handball.

You don't get penalised for intent when it comes to handball.

Really? Please enlighten us.

I have said already it was a harsh penalty but far from the worst I have seen. If you want a master class in bad reffing have a look at the Spurs Stoke game a few years back where Chris Foy missed about 4 Spurs penalties and sent off Kaboul for two yellows one of which was making binoculars gestures at the ref. Highly unprofessional of Kanoul but perfectly understandable. Even Merson was busting his hole laughing at the ref.

Really? Please enlighten us.

I should have been clearer. You do not get penalised for intent alone when it comes to handball. You have to make the contact.
    You can swing a thump at the ball and you'll get away with it as long as you don't hit it.

I should have been clearer. You do not get penalised for intent alone when it comes to handball. You have to make the contact.
    You can swing a thump at the ball and you'll get away with it as long as you don't hit it.

But if you jump up in the air doing the the highland fling surely it shouldn't come as a major surprise if the ref thinks you handled the ball?

• Advertisement

But if you jump up in the air doing the the highland fling surely it shouldn't come as a major surprise if the ref thinks you handled the ball?

Of course you run the risk but if it doesn't hit your arm and the penalty is given it doesn't mean it was the correct decision.

Get over it lads.
    If you're going to go down that route, what about the stonewall penalty we didn't get for Stones' tackle on Sterling in the league game at our place a few weeks back? or the penalty we didn't get at Goodison in the s/f for the Mirallas tackle on Navas? Or the two Everton goals that night that could well have been chalked off for offside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

blueser wrote: »
    If you're going to go down that route, what about the stonewall penalty we didn't get for Stones' tackle on Sterling in the league game at our place a few weeks back? or the penalty we didn't get at Goodison in the s/f for the Mirallas tackle on Navas? Or the two Everton goals that night that could well have been chalked off for offside?

Yep officials make mistakes its all part of the game. It has always happened and will always happen. The final scoreboard is all that matters, however frustrating that might be.

Get over it lads.

Have you not got your own forum to be going to?

You can say what you like about swings and roundabouts, that should never have been a pen for Spurs. Big break for Spurs, plenty of time for breaks to go the other way between now and the end of the season.

You can say what you like about swings and roundabouts, that should never have been a pen for Spurs. Big break for Spurs, plenty of time for breaks to go the other way between now and the end of the season.

Trust me when I tell you all Spurs fans are all hoping the breaks finally even out this year.

TheCitizen wrote:

People talking about clubs own forums taking away from the soccer forum but when we come on here we're told go back to it!!!!!

Loads of games left, lots and twists and turns and being a spurs fan i usually just hope for the best but expect the worst.

If Spurs win the league the Spurs forum should be closed. They can't gloat among themselves so they'll all pile in here and then we can shut the door behind them and trap them here forever.

Trust me when I tell you all Spurs fans are all hoping the breaks finally even out this year.

:pac:since when have Spurs been hard done by?

It's a pity that forum exists because it takes traffic away from here. I only recently heard Chelsea got their own one. I was wondering why there was a decrease in Chelsea match threads.

Do Chelsea have a forum as well? Well there's a Chelsea thread in the regular forum, but there's no Spurs one, yet there seems to be a few Spurs fans on here. Curious why there's no Spurs thread in the regular forum and noone seems to know why either?

:pac:since when have Spurs been hard done by?

Food poisoning? Chelsea winning Cl? you won't remember the Boaz Myhill goon show that denied us a CL spot another year but ask any Arsenal fan and he will explain once he can stop laughing at the memory..... If he can stop laughing at the memory.

And, how could I forget on this thread, no mad Arab ever wanted to use Spurs to try and make his country respectable. Or Russian oligarch.

In fairness I think Fate owes us big-time.

• Advertisement

Food poisoning? Chelsea winning Cl? you won't remember the Boaz Myhill goon show that denied us a CL spot another year but ask any Arsenal fan and he will explain once he can stop laughing at the memory..... If he can stop laughing at the memory.

And, how could I forget on this thread, no mad Arab ever wanted to use Spurs to try and make his country respectable. Or Russian oligarch.

In fairness I think Fate owes us big-time.

Just because ye've been hapless in the past doesn't mean fate owes you one:pac:

And don't come the poor little Spurs routine, as a club ye have spent fortunes, absolute fortunes for decades and for very little return.

Ye seem to have stumbled on a good one in Pochetinno, but ye've nothing yet.

TheCitizen wrote:
    And don't come the poor little Spurs routine, as a club ye have spent fortunes, absolute fortunes for decades and for very little return.

That's one thing spurs haven't done

That's one thing spurs haven't done

Spurs were regarded as one of the big clubs in England before Chelsea and City came into a bit of money. They are not a "little" club punching above their weight, if anything I'd say over the years they have consistently punched below their weight as a club.

They've spent lots of money down the years for little return and still no thread in the main forum either:pac:. Very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Spurs were regarded as one of the big clubs in England before Chelsea and City came into a bit of money. They are not a "little" club punching above their weight, if anything I'd say over the years they have consistently punched below their weight as a club.

They've spent lots of money down the years for little return and still no thread in the main forum either:pac:. Very odd.

I am pretty sure that if Wenger had gone to Spurs instead of Arsenal all those years ago we would have seen two very different fates in the following years.

ronjo wrote: »
    I am pretty sure that if Wenger had gone to Spurs instead of Arsenal all those years ago we would have seen two very different fates in the following years.

Arsenal won the league a couple of times with George Graham before Wenger arrived. They also won the FA Cup, Cup Winners Cup and League Cup twice with him. He went to Spurs and won a League Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Arsenal won the league a couple of times with George Graham before Wenger arrived. They also won the FA Cup, Cup Winners Cup and League Cup twice with him. He went to Spurs and won a League Cup.

And grass is green.

Not relevant at all. Both teams were in an almost identical situation in 1996. I was agreeing with you that Spurs were/are a big side.

ronjo wrote: »
    And grass is green.

Not relevant at all. Both teams were in an almost identical situation in 1996. I was agreeing with you that Spurs were/are a big side.

Yes agreed, that's what I'm saying they are a big club but they've mostly flattered to deceive. Leicester winning the league would be the neutrals choice I reckon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement