Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox gold for xbox360

Options
  • 14-02-2016 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭

My kid got an xbox 360 for Christmas.

Is it worth paying for xbox gold membership? What are the big benefits?

Sorry I really have no clue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

boobar wrote: »
    My kid got an xbox 360 for Christmas.

Is it worth paying for xbox gold membership? What are the big benefits?

Sorry I really have no clue.

You need gold to play online and you get two free games a month for as long as you have gold.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

As emmetkenny said, you get online gaming and two free games a month. In my opinion, it's worth it for the two free games a month alone, even if they can be hit and miss in terms of quality.

You can see the current months free games here.

Note that there's Xbox One games there two, you also get them for free as well, you should click the download button on them as well to get them in case you ever upgrade to an Xbox One.

The Xbox One games are conditional on your continued xbox live gold subscription, while (I think) the 360 games are not.

If you've got an xbox one you get 4 free games per month this is including the x360 games which you can download thru the xbox.com site, but the free games are usually absolute ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If you've got an xbox one you get 4 free games per month this is including the x360 games which you can download thru the xbox.com site, but the free games are usually absolute ****e

They are hit and miss but they're far from absolute ****e.

We've had Deus Ex, Witcher 2, Child of Light, Valiant Heart, Tomb Raider, AC Black Flag and Thief in the last few months. All very good games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Agreed, Xbox gold is definitely worth it. Especially if you can get it cheaper on websites like cdkeys. Sometimes you can get membership for less than €30 per year. Think at the moment they are charging mid thirties for membership.

• Advertisement
Advertisement