Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Leafs spotted on a transporter

• 14-02-2016 6:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭

Just spotted 6 new Leafs in various trims at the Applegreen in Lusk, heading southbound. Hoping all with the new TCUs and ready to please some of you!

Our trip from Wicklow up and down from Belfast was a pure joy in my new Leaf, kind of bringing back the spirit of the best of the motoring era when things were more relaxed. Having said that, I wish drivers in the Republic drove more like those in NI, so much less stressful, less pressure, and easier there...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

And the other 3:

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

What are new TCUs? We are getting a new leaf in the next week or two but is it a new leaf at all i wonder??

Funny I was on the M1 going northbound today and many of the cars passing me at 120+ had yellow regs, I find northern drivers in general drive faster when south of the border.

Seesee wrote: »
    What are new TCUs? We are getting a new leaf in the next week or two but is it a new leaf at all i wonder??

Funny I was on the M1 going northbound today and many of the cars passing me at 120+ had yellow regs, I find northern drivers in general drive faster when south of the border.

All about the Telematics Communication Unit saga on the new Leaf: https://speakev.com/threads/new-leaf-deliveries-temporarily-suspended-due-to-nissan-connect-ev-issues.14173/

I agree, NI drivers seem to turn on afterburners once past the border, however north of it, the driving is, generally, wonderful in comparison to the south. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Was there any Bronze on them? 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Scottie99 wrote: »
    Was there any Bronze on them? 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Sorry, they all seemed silver...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Rafal wrote: »
    All about the Telematics Communication Unit saga on the new Leaf: https://speakev.com/threads/new-leaf-deliveries-temporarily-suspended-due-to-nissan-connect-ev-issues.14173/

I agree, NI drivers seem to turn on afterburners once past the border, however north of it, the driving is, generally, wonderful in comparison to the south. :)

A Roads in the north are a mess and too narrow to overtake , you get stuck behind long queues. Roads so much better down south these days.

BoatMad wrote: »
    A Roads in the north are a mess and too narrow to overtake , you get stuck behind long queues. Roads so much better down south these days.

Yes to roads, but not the drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Rafal wrote: »
    Yes to roads, but not the drivers.

After 30 years of doing business in the north , I don't really see much difference , idiots abound in both jurisdictions

After driving for 15 years in UK (mainland) and then the same here, I would much rather have the UK style of driving imported here. More relaxed, safer, people keep their distance, navigate roundabouts with more grace and politeness, and even know how to use motorway lanes. Irish drivers are nowhere near bad—Italians fare much worse—but I'd rather have them calm down to the UK standard.

Advertisement