Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

We're called the Emerald Isle for a reason!

no point complaining about the absolutely normal :)

Unless you hate normality and get very bored of it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Unless you hate normality and get very bored of it :rolleyes:

Then Leave:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Best comment on the fourm.

In fairness now people on here spend months fantasizing about snow which never happens. Jesus there was one thread in January and embarrassing is the only word for it. We don't get nice sunny warm weather unfortunately I accept that but we don't get snow either and it doesn't stop months of endless speculation...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

In fairness now people on here spend months fantasizing about snow which never happens. Jesus there was one thread in January and embarrassing is the only word for it. We don't get nice sunny warm weather unfortunately I accept that but we don't get snow either and it doesn't stop months of endless speculation...

We get about a week of snow every 10 to 12 years, we live in hope that every winter is 'the one' and create over 100 pages of posts each and every winter to keep the straw clutching alive and keep on going till we eventually land on a winner!.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Spring without sun is just another day of winter....:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Spring without sun is just another day of winter....:(

...or another typical average temperate maritime spring day?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Personally i don't care if its cloudy, sunny, windy, calm, hot or even cold, as long as its dry and that's better then rain in my book.

Got a fine load of garden work done in the past week anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Got a fine load of garden work done in the past week anyway.

Me too, so much done that I don't mind the rain coming, I need to clean the house/sit on me arse :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭sumtings

Kinda of happy that the constant grey is breaking up, came out of my house this morning and to be able to see blue and the sun was lovely for a change, I know we will be paying for it with rain but shur sometimes what it gives with one hand it takes with the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yep I've filled the brown bin twice in the last week and cut the lawns twice, but now actually want rain to help bring through the new grass, that said it really needs to get a bit warmer for best growth.

Weirdly the sun is out today (in Waterford), was expecting the cloud to get thicker today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Yep I've filled the brown bin twice in the last week and cut the lawns twice, but now actually want rain to help bring through the new grass, that said it really needs to get a bit warmer for best growth.

Weirdly the sun is out today (in Waterford), was expecting the cloud to get thicker today.

No grass growth here at all.

Raining right now.

I just know about each of the top 5 strongest El Ninos being followed by a colder than normal April. Were those Mays after those Aprils warmer, colder than normal or variable?

Hearing rain on the windows for the first time in AGES! Kinda missed it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Manky, misty, murky morning in Galway:( Had just gotten used to the dry weather. Feck off rain!

I didn't.

I didn't.

Neither did I, very unwelcome!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

You will be happy every single day for the foreseeable future so :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

10 days max. Hardly ages.

• Advertisement

10 days max. Hardly ages.

Well I had 13 days of dry weather, so I can't argue much. In Ireland, that's all you could ever ask for weather wise and I am grateful for that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Nice fresh bright morning here near Tralee and mild enough for pottering around. Great skyscapes today with interesting lenticulars forming in the lee of the Sliadbh Mish mountains.

11.8C

hDu8ZhQ.jpg?1

svWYS0q.jpg?1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Strong steady SW wind now in Kerry set to continue for a time today along Atlantic coasts

0D8fnW4.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Yes fairly windy in Galway now

It is nice and calm here. I don't know what you're talkin' 'bout :P:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

The Met Office in the Uk have officially name Easter Mondays Low Pressure system Storm Katie.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

chance of wintry showers on the hills on Sunday.

Gonzo wrote: »
    chance of wintry showers on the hills on Sunday.

Brutal evening out windy cold dull spots of rain. Is it too much to ask that at least one holiday weekend could br decent? Would love to see an analysis of recent long weekends to see how often they are decent?

Brutal evening out windy cold dull spots of rain. Is it too much to ask that at least one holiday weekend could br decent? Would love to see an analysis of recent long weekends to see how often they are decent?

unfortunately today is easily the best day of the 4 day easter holidays. There is gonna be plenty of muck and colder conditions over next few days.

• Advertisement

Gonzo wrote: »
    unfortunately today is easily the best day of the 4 day easter holidays. There is gonna be plenty of muck and colder conditions over next few days.

And to think some welcomed the return of the rain☹

Advertisement