Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Pangea wrote: »
    Hottest March Day on record on this day in 1965, anyone know what the temperature was?

http://www.rte.ie/archives/2015/0327/690122-hottest-day-in-march/

23.6c at Trinity College I know of.

March 2012's maximum of 22.6c was only 1.0c behind the record.

2016 so far in Grange in the attachment below (Rainfall & Max. Temperatures). Very unremarkable generally but it has been the first since 1996 that the first 3 months have been all wetter than normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Very very heavy hail showers today and quite cold. Although it was flagged in advance still a little disappointed with weather this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ireland dodged a bullet today as storm Katie missed us and hit England.

329BADCE00000578-3512119-image-a-47_1459153672835.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭sumtings

It is/was a lovely day in Limerick City, I was out all day from 8 to 7 and there were only a couple of very light showers, dodged the heavier ones.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Mainly sunny and completely dry day and not too breezy; max 11.8C...now 6.6C.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

My completely unscientific measurement of todays weather: Sunny enough to get my solar lights to light up for the first time this year

• Registered Users Posts: 16,837 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

A gust of a 105 mph was recorded in the English channel during storm Katie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Horrible morning in Galway City, very cold with showers of rain, sleet and snow. Feels like November:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Same here in Tralee, huge hail and sleet showers coming from massive towering clouds. Mountains all the way back to Brandon have a good white coating this morning.

• Advertisement

Another cold breezy morning here; clear and sunny though...after an overnight low of 3.3C the temp has soared to a balmy 7.7C.

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Horrible morning in Galway City, very cold with showers of rain, sleet and snow. Feels like November:(

Except November was much warmer! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Woke up to 8.0 mm prep recorded on my station at 7am (since midnight), and total now above 10 mm. Much more that I would have expected for this 12 hour period going by the models yesterday (didn't see any TV forecast). The little bit of drying that the last couple of weeks brought to my back garden is now well and truly annihilated, with the soil now having turned back to the semi-liquid state it was all through last Winter.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Torrential rain and hail for the last 15 minutes in Castlebar, temperature just hovering above 5C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Its also bloody cold.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

looks like this pattern is set to stay into next week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

heavy rain/sleet/hail shower here now, miserably cold.

Met Éireann says for the 1st day of April:
    Very wet and windy from early on in the day, with heavy persistent falls of rain across Atlantic counties, leading to spot flooding.

Well a new month but the same BS!!

Bad news, it looks like conditions are very uncertain around the 10th now and that the high could stay well to the south of us in Spain etc. We have a high chance now of staying in changeable conditions with temperatures around 11-15c for most of the time - though there is still a chance for them to rise a bit more. It looks like rainfall amounts will be small around then with just showers and sunny spells largely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A cold 2 degrees at Knock at 1530

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

More reports of crashes in Co. Cork, both on the M8 and N25, due to heavy hail showers!

Meanwhile....a nice dry and sunny day here in Dublin (so far).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Some pretty beefy hail showers about again today.
    Had to laugh at the Rte weather summary last night, March the month of all weather's.
    381686.png

lolie wrote: »
    Some pretty beefy hail showers about again today.
    Had to laugh at the Rte weather summary last night, March the month of all weather's.

Like the "sunburn" warning!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Like the "sunburn" warning!

I'm fairly sure I've been sunburnt on a fully overcast day with periodic rain showers before. I try to avoid bright lightbulbs.

Yeah I did not notice that haha. March was a month of all weather.

Snowfall on the 4th.
    Unseasonably strong winds on the 1st, 2nd, 26th and 27th.
    Storms on the 1st and 2nd.
    Dry spell from the 10th-23rd.
    Some very sunny days with the 14th and 17th in particular.
    Some warm days (12th and 17th).
    Some very cool days (3rd-6th in particular).
    Thunder - I recorded some on the 26th.

Holy ****, that's too much for me. I just want a calm month of sunny and warm days - June 2014 perfect example.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    March was a month of all weather.

It is traditionally known as "March many-weathers"

http://www.irelandsweather.com/forum/index.php?topic=3333.0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Freezing here in Donegal, only 4c

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Heavy hail showers here the last few hours. Temp has dropped to 4.8c. Feels as cold as any day we had in our so called Winter

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

It is traditionally known as "March many-weathers"

http://www.irelandsweather.com/forum/index.php?topic=3333.0

That's the saying alright.
    The sunburn bit wasn't a warning, it's what was reported over the weekend.
    Sheltered from the breeze there's a nice bit of heat in the sun now.

• Advertisement

Pleasant afternoon here, sunny, light breeze and 11C.

Clear and calm now, 6.5C. Frost tonight?

Advertisement