Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭sumtings

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Confirmation

In fact this ex-hurricane helped build the high pressure in the very dry September after this soggy August.

I'd say it would depend on month as each month was different in Summer 2014!

June 2014 - Quiet, warm and dry mostly
    July 2014 - Warm and showery
    August 2014 - Wet or showery and cool

Wow! Thank you, I was on Inisheer in the Aran islands on the 26th of July 2014, it was a lovely day, I got foolishly sunburnt(is there any other kind these days) and it was so bad I couldn't go out to the silent disco that was on in Galway that night cause I was so sick from it. Only time since childhood that happened me.

That September was so good is probably why it sticks in my memory as being a good summer, a good end colours memory.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Carnacalla wrote:
    Reported as Snow-Rain (sleet) for SNN and graupel for DUB and ORK.

Anything in west Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

sumtings wrote: »
    Wow! Thank you, I was on Inisheer in the Aran islands on the 26th of July 2014, it was a lovely day, I got foolishly sunburnt(is there any other kind these days) and it was so bad I couldn't go out to the silent disco that was on in Galway that night cause I was so sick from it. Only time since childhood that happened me.

That September was so good is probably why it sticks in my memory as being a good summer, a good end colours memory.

Apart from the 1st-4th, 11th-13th and 21st, September 2015 wasn't half as bad either :cool:. It would be awesome if we could have a month like September 2014 again! The mad fact was that Mace Head had its driest September on record in 2014 and a year later, it had its wettest September on record in 2015 :pac:. I am praying that May will be good month like September 2014! We deserve it after this **** April so far. Plus Summer 2014 stays in my memories not because it's the most recent good Summer but also because that every trip I went out on with my youth club, the weather was perfect. We did not have to change a day or cancel a trip because of the weather! We chose to go to the beach on the 23 July (but we planned on 26 May! (that was the day we chose the dates for all of our trips also). The weather was amazing for the beach on the day! Sunshine hit 14 hours (16 hours of sunshine here - so a full day) and temperatures were up to 26-27c!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Anything in west Clare

If SNN gets sleet then West Clare gets graupel.

From experience, snow in April here is non existant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Snow showers in the TAF for NOC from 2am-6am tonight.

Reported as Snow-Rain (sleet) for SNN and graupel for DUB and ORK.

12z hi res showing a fairly heavy shower passing through Munster over night.
    382666.png

And then a rash of mix ppn throughout the morning / early afternoon.
    382667.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Seriously snow fllck away off

Fairly beefy looking shower looks to be heading towards Clare. Current temp of 2.6c so if its hail it will be quite accumulating!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Heavy snow currently in Castlebar, not sticking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Snowing here in SW Cork, not sticking, solar panel is giving 2 deg outside temp.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 GreyRock Lass

North Clare plastered in the white stuff!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

When I read about wintry showers I didn't expect lieing snow...
    And judging by the radar it fell a few hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Snowing in Donegal Town. Video from Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/Donegal.Waterbus/videos/1182799905064496/

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

Cold but a beautiful sunny morning here in Waterford city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Snow showers in Galway this morning. It's melting fast but I passed plenty of snow-covered cars on the drive to work

382699.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Was talking to my father in law awhile ago. He got a good covering of snow last night. Granted he is a good bit ASL but it's making finding new born lambs in white fields a rather hectic morning in south Kerry.!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

I got a similar amount of snow here near athenry.
    It was actually frozen and not slushy which was surprising so I made a quick snow man for the kids!
    382700.jpg

382701.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Sometimes the benefit of not following the weather forecasts, ninja snow here in Donegal, completely unexpected :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

09th April snow we don't have seasons. Weather forecast fir tomorrow in these parts is shocking to. Having said that its a lovely bright sunny(November/February) morning here.

There was snow here too in Limerick at about 8.50, was out to see the high tide, it didn't stick at all and was mixed in with drizzle. Still claiming it as snow!

Woodcock hill had a covering of white.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Went out at 3am in South Galway to check a cow in heavy snow, only sticking to the cars and other machines though. Burren mountains all white this morning in bright sunshine, looks amazing.

• Advertisement

No snow but it's a lovely sunny morning with blue skies virtually everywhere in sight at Grange.

Lovely here in Limerick, reminds me how beautiful this place can be.

Was out at high tide, 6.65m, which is very high here, was lucky there wasn't the swell of about 6 weeks ago, but there was still a small amount of flooding by the Hunt museum back garden.

Meu83zfm.jpg

09th April snow we don't have seasons.

Tell me that again when it's July and 25c.

STATUS ORANGE

Rainfall Warning for Cork
    40 to 70 mm Rainfall. Heaviest falls along the south coast and in mountainous areas. High tides also

Issued:Saturday 09 April 2016 11:00
    Valid:Sunday 10 April 2016 06:00 to Monday 11 April 2016 06:00

STATUS YELLOW

Rainfall Warning for Kerry, Limerick, Tipperary and Waterford
    25 to 50 mm rainfall. Heaviest falls in mountainous areas

Issued:Saturday 09 April 2016 11:00
    Valid:Sunday 10 April 2016 06:00 to Monday 11 April 2016 06:00

Also, Alert for a very strong easterly wind in southern areas tomorrow morning/early afternoon. Cork airport is forecasting a wind of 29kts gusting 45kts from the east!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

No great improvement in temps next week but picks up a bit better around Fri and Sat

The growth is really slow at the moment

1U2CTCa.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Dont often have such a strong wind from that direction

High Tide Cobh 20.38

Ubh5G9o.gif

Graupel with a temperature of 9.7c never fails to confuse me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Tell me that again when it's July and 25c.

Like last July? Or even July 14 12 11 10 09 08,07 how many july days were 25 degrees? Id hazard a guess that snow in April is as likely than 25 in July.

Like last July? Or even July 14 12 11 10 09 08,07 how many july days were 25 degrees? Id hazard a guess that snow in April is as likely than 25 in July.

Then you would knowingly be completely blowing it out of proportion by guessing that.

I'd be surprised if we have ever, in the history of Irish weather, received a July without reaching 25c.

• Advertisement

Then you would knowingly be completely blowing it out of proportion by guessing that.

I'd be surprised if we have ever, in the history of Irish weather, received a July without reaching 25c.

July 2015!

Advertisement