Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

We must be in a bubble here in Tuam today. Not an ounce of rain and some blue skies to be seen! Down the road in Athenry, two cars have crashed because of the water on the road and they had snow this morning. It's very, very strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Blowing it out of proportion would be in any way suggesting that 25 degrees in Ireland in July is anything other than unusual. It simply doesn't happen regularly. Ok I don't have stats but I'm sure someone on here can settle this. I'll stick to my original statement our seasons are becoming increasingly blurred.

For my location north of Kilkenny city, only got weather station in September 2011:
    Year with highest July temperature
    2012: 21.7C
    2013: 29.7C, above 25C on 11 days
    2014: 27.7C, above 25C on 4 days
    2015: 24.8C

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

1.6C here now but the showers have avoided us. Light hail earlier is all we got earlier which was nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

This graph in the attachment shows Grange's Summer 2014 temperatures (and rainfall) and you can clearly see where it hit 25c or more. Actually no you can't haha, sorry. That is because of how high the August rainfalls were.

Compare Summer 2014 above with Summer 2013 here in this attachment

• Advertisement

Very pleasant quiet Spring evening here with clouds rolling on by in between blue skies. Quite cold though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Black as the ace of spades here in Maynooth

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Very pleasant quiet Spring evening here with clouds rolling on by in between blue skies. Quite cold though.

Same here in North Meath, escaped a mighty hail shower earlier by about half a mile, while the sun kept shining here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

N11 north is closed at bray. A lot of emergency vehicles on the road, a few accidents.

Not surprised,road at kilmacanogue got covered in snow taking a lot of people by surprise

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    I agree with Syran. Summer 2013 was a good summer. Not just because of the hot spell in July, but also because of a fair amount of dry, sunny and warm weather in June. Early June 2013 was especially beautiful and while not quite as warm as the following month, it was of a higher calibre than what occurred in July imo.

Speaking of that early June 2013 dry and sunny spell. Here is a picture of some people who went Kayaking to enjoy it! (2 June 2013)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭sumtings

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Speaking of that early June 2013 dry and sunny spell. Here is a picture of some people who went Kayaking to enjoy it! (2 June 2013)

It's so amazing that the trees get so rich, green and full again, I can't wait!

sumtings wrote: »
    It's so amazing that the trees get so rich, green and full again, I can't wait!

Neither can I wait for this Summer! Hopefully my prediction comes true of saying this:

June - Sunny, warm and dry but thundery downpours from time to time.
    July - Warm, sunny and dry. The driest July for many years.
    August - Relatively wet but warm and sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Accuweather is being quite intresting at the moment. It's telling me that theres currently a thunderstorm at my location, and that snow is starting in 65mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Accuweather is being quite intresting at the moment. It's telling me that theres currently a thunderstorm at my location, and that snow is starting in 65mins.

On my way over so ... (grabs coat)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Not surprised,road at kilmacanogue got covered in snow taking a lot of people by surprise

I just drove back though it a while ago. There's still garda on the road with the flashers on trying to slow people down. It's quite bizarre, there's nothing on the road until you get past the topaz garage then for about 500 meters there's a fairly decent bit of snow on the road, then nothing when you reach the garden center. Reports say it was a five car accident earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

clip of conditions between cahir and clonmel
    https://www.facebook.com/Tipperaryphotoscom-156565573555/?fref=ts

I drove up that road around that time also. It was crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Nearly 6 pages of comments today
    There has to mean snow
    No sign of any here in the north east

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

I just drove back though it a while ago. There's still garda on the road with the flashers on trying to slow people down. It's quite bizarre, there's nothing on the road until you get past the topaz garage then for about 500 meters there's a fairly decent bit of snow on the road, then nothing when you reach the garden center. Reports say it was a five car accident earlier.

Similarly in Corofin North Clare,outside the village was slightly slushy.
    When I drove through the village earlier there was around 2 inches of hail.
    Then over the bridge was just wet,almost like a burst of hail in one spot.

Similarly in Corofin North Clare,outside the village was slightly slushy.
    When I drove through the village earlier there was around 2 inches of hail.
    Then over the bridge was just wet,almost like a burst of hail in one spot.

The difference in the amount of wintry precipitation between West and North Clare is quite amazing.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    The difference in the amount of wintry precipitation between West and North Clare is quite amazing.

I spent the afternoon in south east Clare and it was sunny and dry, and the only precipitation was about 100 flakes on woodcock hill, from there I could see showers everywhere else.
    9Fnap0gl.jpg

• Advertisement

With the low temps and lack of wind I'm surprised there's not much fog forecast/around ATM.

The rain is just starting in Limerick. Reproofed my raincoat yesterday, hopefully it took as will be needed.

There is some tail to the system,looks a bit like a seahorse.
    TK7jeMMl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Heavy sleety rain here near Arklow and an unpleasnt howling wind off the Irish sea
    Currently 4.9c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

You can probably guess what it's like in South Tipp this spring morning. As nasty as anything December would throw at us other than it been brighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Wind warning for all of munster Galway mayo and wexford for strong easterly winds, quite rare indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Its absolutely shocking out temp 4 degrees gale force wind howling and teaming down with rain. Is there any sign of any improvement into next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Snow here in West Cork this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Very windy and heavy rain continuous in Cork City this morn...really getting sick of it now.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Mad, I'm up in Co Down for the weekend and whilst it's chilly, the sky is nearly clear blue, beautiful morning really.

• Advertisement

Miserably freezing here at Grange with stratus clouds polluting the sky but with the sun still shining! :)

Advertisement