Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Slieve Gullion

This the worst day here in Limerick City all Winter. It like a bad day in Hammerfest.
    It's f f ffrreeezing with pelting rain. I'm off for a walk now and bring back a couple of bails of briquettes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Low temps around the country today, 7.3C here near Trlalee atm which is the highest so far today ( -0.8C overnight )

UTzs4Uz.png?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

6.1c, wet and windy. So much for cutting the lawn today. It's a dirty dismal dreary day here,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Now *this* is weather to complain about. I generally don't mind much of Ireland's weather, but in D2 right now the clouds are very low, very dark, and it is just threatening to rain, not actually raining. It's 10am, but the light conditions make it feel more like 6am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

MJohnston wrote: »
    Now *this* is weather to complain about. I generally don't mind much of Ireland's weather, but in D2 right now the clouds are very low, very dark, and it is just threatening to rain, not actually raining. It's 10am, but the light conditions make it feel more like 6am.

Welcome to daily life on the west of Ireland:)

• Advertisement

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Welcome to daily life on the west of Ireland:)

Funnily enough, just had my honeymoon round various parts of the west last month and for basically a full week it was either beautiful sunny weather, or overcast but with a high cloud ceiling. Current Dublin cloud ceiling is 213m (about two Spires up!), and the clouds are so dark they look like they are ready to burst. I'm amazed I haven't actually seen a drop of rain yet this morning!

Ha, the average 'cloud ceiling' for April 2015 was about 3100m!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 heavy_sleeper

Funnily enough, just had my honeymoon round various parts of the west last month and for basically a full week it was either beautiful sunny weather, or overcast but with a high cloud ceiling. Current Dublin cloud ceiling is 213m (about two Spires up!), and the clouds are so dark they look like they are ready to burst. I'm amazed I haven't actually seen a drop of rain yet this morning!

we had about ten days good weather in the west from around the 15th of march to good friday which was on the 25th

that was the first dry spell in five months ( bar a three week spell from around the tenth of september to the beginning of october , we had no summer either last year ) , since good friday , we have had endless downpours

you got lucky

we had about ten days good weather in the west from around the 15th of march to good friday which was on the 25th

that was the first dry spell in five months ( bar a three week spell from around the tenth of september to the beginning of october , we had no summer either last year ) , since good friday , we have had endless downpours

you got lucky

Yep, started the trip on the 17th, in a campervan too. Bit chilly at night, but some absolutely gorgeous days too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 heavy_sleeper

Yep, started the trip on the 17th, in a campervan too. Bit chilly at night, but some absolutely gorgeous days too.

ground conditions are wetter than ever now , such is the level of rainfall since good friday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I was in Tullamore over the weekend and there was heavy driving snow there on Saturday night, huge flakes and was sticking around the centre of the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Be careful or you'll be accused of being a misery guts for pointing out the reality. Its another horrible day here low cloud rain chilly place is sodden too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

It has been the most miserable day so far this year at Grange - beating January 5th. I have so far recorded 28.4mm and still more to go! April 2016 has recorded 53mm so far (without adding this), which is 137% of my LTA. Imagine the final total at the end of today! This has been the second most horrible April day I have experienced after April 25th 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Not a great day here (E. England) with all the cloud, but did reach 15.7C as I was is the garden dong some planting and sorting and so felt mild. Spitting with rain now and down to 14.2C. Tomorrow and Wed look promising.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    It has been the most miserable day so far this year at Grange - beating January 5th. I have so far recorded 28.4mm and still more to go! April 2016 has recorded 53mm so far (without adding this), which is 137% of my LTA. Imagine the final total at the end of today! This has been the second most horrible April day I have experienced after April 25th 2012.

To add onto this, it has already been my equal-fourth wettest April on record. My expected April total I predicted from the start of the year was 93.0mm. I am nearly onto that total, just 9mm behind!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

No rain here in sth Limerick during daylight hours and now quite pleasant with prolonged sunshine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

side roads here flooded today and garden now waterlogged. This April is turning out to be every bit as wet and miserable as November & December.

The one saving grace right now as I walk home is there is no wind, so brollies are actually effective for once!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Beautifully wet day, drains full, driveway and lawns flooded with field run off again, this time with dung mixed in, doesnt get any better then this

Still lashing non-stop. Totals really totting up!

My daily total now up to 35.6mm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Dont mean to rub it in but it was a tremendous day here in Tralee. After a couple of showers this morning it cleared up giving blue skies and warm sunshine. Got up to 14.7C and even warmer in town. Currently 12.4C and going to cut the grass now, it having dried sufficently after getting over 25mm yesterday. Bit of a Fohn going on today I'd expect with the wind from the SE.

Relative Humidity 56% at present with glorious evening sunshine :)

Dont mean to rub it in but it was a tremendous day here in Tralee. After a couple of showers this morning it cleared up giving blue skies and warm sunshine. Got up to 14.7C and even warmer in town. Currently 12.4C and going to cut the grass now, it having dried sufficently after getting over 25mm yesterday. Bit of a Fohn going on today I'd expect with the wind from the SE.

Relative Humidity 56% at present with glorious evening sunshine :)

Well I guess this is our stab in the back for having a dry day yesterday :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭sumtings

Lovely day in Limerick too, real glad we weren't under that constant stream in over Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Non stop moderate rain all day & very misty at the moment. Feeling cool - 8 degrees. Thankfully no wind. Rainiest day of 2016 in the Dublin area?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

patneve2 wrote: »
    Rainiest day of 2016 in the Dublin area?

24.2mm here (in Dublin 16) so far today. Had 25.6mm on January 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wettest since January 9th here (35mm) at 21mm, pretty wet but nothing exceptional.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Beeeautiful day in West Cork today nowhere better when the sun is out. The jumper was off most of the day.

What Spring 2016 has so far been like in Grange can be seen in this attachment.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭sumtings

Beeeautiful day in West Cork today nowhere better when the sun is out. The jumper was off most of the day.

My GF was out on the beach in West Cork this evening, it was lovely there she said but there was loads of stuff washed up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

patneve2 wrote: »
    Non stop moderate rain all day & very misty at the moment. Feeling cool - 8 degrees. Thankfully no wind. Rainiest day of 2016 in the Dublin area?

Dirty day all day alright
    Rottenest and rainiest since last monday in Arklow,which in turn was the wettest since the day before,and that saturday was the rainiest here since the friday

Advertisement