Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Dirty day all day alright
    Rottenest and rainiest since last monday in Arklow,which in turn was the wettest since the day before,and that saturday was the rainiest here since the friday

That goes to show how awful and horrendous this April has been so far.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    24.2mm here (in Dublin 16) so far today. Had 25.6mm on January 3rd.

On January 3rd, I had only 3.2mm. Are you sure it wasn't the 5th or 9th?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

sryanbruen wrote: »
    That goes to show how awful and horrendous this April has been so far.

Hasn't been too bad here in the west. Only small amounts of rain so far but drying has been poor overall. Today, for example, while no rain fell as such (apart from a couple of heavy spurts this morning) the day was so gloomy and damp due to zero drying that it may as well have been raining. We've had our fair share - and more- of rain this side of the country since November, but there seems to be little in the way of real compensation yet.

New Moon

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

sryanbruen wrote: »
    On January 3rd, I had only 3.2mm. Are you sure it wasn't the 5th or 9th?

Your right! Not sure where I got the 24.2mm from for Jan 03rd? Must have looked at records wrong. Had 18.4mm on Jan 5th.

Either way, yesterday did end up the wettest day of the year so far for me, in Dublin 16, with 26.6mm.

Thought we might have been in for a dry day today, but light rain here atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭OldRio

It rained all day yesterday and most of the night here in Leitrim.
    Just been for a run and guess what? It was raining.

The ground is just like a sponge.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Stunning morning in Tralee, total blue sky and strong sunshine, ice on cars earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Wooo more snow potential ! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

382999.png

383000.png

I know a certain someone who will be "delighted" to see this! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

After 43hrs, I can see the sun, i can see the suuuuun!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Ryan Mac Sweeney

Lovely day in Cork City today. It was gorgeous yesterday I went for a walk and people were out in shorts and tshirts it was so warm and sunny

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

What's that bright warm glow in the sky :D
    Nice day in east Galway and to be quite honest we have been BLESSED to have missed most of the rain over the last week so won't complain

• Advertisement

After an appalling day yesterday with plenty of rain drenching all day, today is much more pleasant. In fact, it's a typical Ireland pleasant day with sunny spells in between large areas of cloud - but that's Ireland for ya and it's pleasant. Temperatures reaching 12.4c in the sunshine at Grange.

Yesterday's rainfall totals (inc. mine)

Grange: 39.2mm
    Dublin Airport: 38.7mm
    Phoenix Park: 31.9mm
    Markree: 28.7mm
    Casement Aerodrome: 18.5mm
    Mullingar: 17.5mm

Compare my total 39.2mm (Grange ^) with Cork Airport's 44.4mm on Sunday just gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Took the work outside to the Sun, currently outside relaxing somewhat in the sun and almost non existant breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Slieve Gullion

A very pleasant Spring day today in Limerick. 15C+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Lively untypically spring day here too. Gorgeous to see and actually feel the sun. So badly needed and so welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭sumtings

Was up in Dublin for the day, there was a heavy fog from limerick at 7am up to about the silvermines. It cleared but the silvermines were still blanketed in it, which looked great.

BE7GN25m.jpg

In dublin we parked in an underground car park and the amount of water still there from yesterday was incredible.

The drive back down this evening was stunning with plenty of blue and really rich cumulus clouds and could see the Galtees off in the distance from the M7, still with just a bit of white. A lovely day weather wise.

3V6gCTvm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Carefull on the roads, status orange warning for fog issued for following areas Connaught Leinster, Cavan, Monaghan, Donegal Waterford tipperary and limerick, valid from midnight tonight until late morning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Lovely day in Cork also ,great to feel some heat and look at a lovely sky this evening,definitely lifts the mood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Not a bad morning here in that its not Espec cold its dry and it's not windy.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭sumtings

Not a bad morning here in that its not Espec cold its dry and it's not windy.

There going to be a bit of rain in the early morning in most of Munster by the looks of the radar. Just had a small lead shower of it in Limerick and it was heavy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Chance of thunder in Munster this afternoon according to ME. A Spring thunderstorm would be a nice treat for lightning-starved enthusiasts. I haven't seen lightning since I don't know when. :)

outlook looks good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

Heavy showers in West Cork. The river Sally broke it's banks again. It's as wet as Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

This is my front garden

This is my front garden

Jaysus that's depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 31,923 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

This is my front garden

:eek:

Stunner of a day here in Galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

16.6C and sunny. I'm not complaining.....:)

Small rain shower passed through here in west Clare, the humidity after it is almost sickening!

Lashing now for the past 20minutes. Very dark clouds, no thunder though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Heavy Shower after breaking out here in Naas

Advertisement