Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Stunner of a day here near Tralee. Reached 17.2C and was above 16C from about 12.30 untill just after 19.00. Still 13.3C

Was amazed to see the Relative Humidity as low as 32%, 47% atm.

Big excitment around Tralee and Ardfert for the Banna strand / Roger Casement Commemoration, looks like the weather should stay dry which will be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

I'm getting excited now and the possibility of something exceptional that could be remembered years from now!
    I'm not interested in summer in April and when did an Irish summer ever begin in April anyway?
    -7.7c (Markree, Sligo, 15-4-1892) is the one to beat. ;)

ECM0-192.GIF?20-0

Psis off to the North Pole if it's cold you want
    Heat heat and more heat please

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I think we can all agree that April 20th (yesterday) was the best day so far this year in terms of weather wise!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I think we can all agree that April 20th (yesterday) was the best day so far this year in terms of weather wise!

Here I would consider the 19th a better day, although the temperature was marginally higher on the 20th (only by 0.6c), the 19th had far stronger sunshine and less windy.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Here I would consider the 19th a better day, although the temperature was marginally higher on the 20th (only by 0.6c), the 19th had far stronger sunshine and less windy.

I have to disagree because of these statistics:

19th
    Max. temperature: 13.9c
    Sunshine: 7.1 hours

20th
    Max. temperature: 16.1c (much higher than any Dublin stations)
    Sunshine: 13.8 hours

• Advertisement

Yesterday's maximum at Grange marginally bet the Winter months' remarkable highs:

December 2015: 15.8c on the 19th
    January 2016: 15.1c on the 24th
    April 2016: 16.1c on the 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

West certainly is best today, Mace head 17 degrees, Claremorris and knock 16 degrees compared to a cool 10 degrees at Malin head

Both Knock and Shannon reporting 17c at 4pm, feeling a lot warmer than yesterday her in west Clare thanks to it being less windy than yesterday.

Mace head and claremorris 18 degrees on 1600 met reports, Johnstown Castle just 10 degrees

Today is actually warmer than yesterday, just reached a high of 18.4c here, compared to 17.7c yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Feeling a lot colder here in Dublin than yesterday.

Feeling a lot colder here in Dublin than yesterday.

Same.. but it's still pleasantly warm here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Dull and a bit meh here. Our 2 day spring is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

Can anyone say how the weather for the first week of May is shaping up?

tanko wrote: »

Looks to be relatively calm and dry, guessing what the wind direction temperatures will be is the true game!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Yesterday's maximum at Grange marginally bet the Winter months' remarkable highs:

December 2015: 15.8c on the 19th
    January 2016: 15.1c on the 24th
    April 2016: 16.1c on the 20th
    In fairness though the Winter highs came very late at night from what I remember!

tanko wrote: »

After a relatively dry May bank holiday weekend with wintry showers on hills but still unseasonably cold, it looks like it will gradually become more unsettled :( with temperatures returning to the range of 12-15c - much like last year! Not looking good at the moment :(.

Padster90s wrote: »
    In fairness though the Winter highs came very late at night from what I remember!

Not mine

December 19th

Minimum (night): 11.1c
    Maximum (day): 15.8c

January 24th

Minimum: 12.6c
    Maximum: 15.1c

Though the minimums were also remarkably high, the maximums were even higher.

I never want a Winter like that again!

Very warm here today, but with an almost complete lack of wind, max of 18.9c making it feel pleasant in the sunshine and out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Very warm here today, but with an almost complete lack of wind, max of 18.9c making it feel pleasant in the sunshine and out of it.

Only 11c in sunny Arklow with a strong wind off the Irish Sea ,that would cut you
    Ironically,when the wind shifts to the north and northwest,the temp will rise here as is usual with land breezes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

After an unremarkable typical gloomy Irish day it's a nice evening with sun breaking through. It's certainly not warm but it's relatively mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Glorious day in Galway all day. Best of the current spell by far.

New Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Just an absolute stunning day in Dublin.

Big smiles

Another beautiful evening here in Castlebar with long spells of sunshine. turning cooler now though, 11.6 degrees from 16.3 at 4pm. light north easterly breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pissing rain and FREEZING in London

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Was on a football pitch from 10am to 2.30 and I'm now scalded. Wasn't warm enough to take off the jacket but that breeze did some damage! Perfect sporting conditions out there today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

Has anybody else noticed the evenings seem way longer than you'd expect for the time of year? It was still a bit bright after 10pm tonight. Would'nt usually expect that until early/mid May at least.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

^^ well in the past things like volcanic eruptions have led to extended twilight, and even the Tunguska event of 1908 caused brighter evenings, but I don't think any such dramatics have occurred recently...

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭La Mer

I know it is too early to say, but any prediction about what the summer is gonna be like in Dublin? mainly June, July, August

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Iv'e had 3 days in a row with a clear sky and wall to wall sunshine, and today is starting out the same, cant beat it

Advertisement