Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Iv'e had 3 days in a row with a clear sky and wall to wall sunshine, and today is starting out the same, cant beat it

I think yourself and myself are pretty similar when it comes to the weather
    It really affects my mood ! I've been buzzing with energy last week or 2
    In contrast to been pretty much depressed from now to end of January !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

La Mer wrote: »
    I know it is too early to say, but any prediction about what the summer is gonna be like in Dublin? mainly June, July, August

Check the very first page of this thread. Me and MT already put our predictions for the Summer coming and we still haven't changed them yet - we still believe in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

I know it is too early to say, but any prediction about what the summer is gonna be like in Dublin? mainly June, July, August

It's too early to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Iv'e had 3 days in a row with a clear sky and wall to wall sunshine, and today is starting out the same, cant beat it

Spring is bursting out all over, the swallows have arrived - there's nothing quite like a spell of mild, settled, sunny weather in Galway!
    Wednesday was the warmest day of the year so far with a high of 18.6C, yesterday hit 17.3C and while its a little cooler today, it's still beautifully sunny :)

Cloudy and cool today. Lovely day yesterday mild (not hot) sunny and Spring like. Saw the ME forecast last night temperature of 4 degrees and wintry showers next week? As John McEnroe used to say you cannot be serious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

The Donegal postman predicts a cracking summer for Ireland this year,he has as much chance as anyone else of being right

The Donegal postman predicts a cracking summer for Ireland this year,he has as much chance as anyone else of being right

Edit: retired postman

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Uhh not this again!

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Uhh not this again!

It was in one of this morning's papers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

he has as much chance as anyone else of being right

He really doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Cool week in store and unfortunatly only looks likley to go downhill for the long weekend with possible prolonged wet spells and potentially windy weather around Sunday :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Cool week in store and unfortunatly only looks likley to go downhill for the long weekend with possible prolonged wet spells and potentially windy weather around Sunday :mad:

God! Imagine we get bad weather after getting good weather! Disgraceful, personally I blaim Fine Gael and Labour.

I think most people are making the point that wintry showers at the end of April and beginning of May is a bit disappointing. We've had a decent week gone by not spectacular but good and considering the winter and spring we've had its not to much to hope for that early May might be good.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

feeling very cold today. The next week is gonna feel colder than most of December-February with struggling temps, wind chill, wintry showers and night frosts.

Gonzo wrote: »
    feeling very cold today. The next week is gonna feel colder than most of December-February with struggling temps, wind chill, wintry showers and night frosts.

More evidence of our lack of defined seasons here. Most other countries weather will settle into warmer drier sequence we go back 4 months...

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

More evidence of our lack of defined seasons here. Most other countries weather will settle into warmer drier sequence we go back 4 months...

We've a temperate oceanic climate that gives us changeable weather year round and a very small temperature range. Given we're far closer to the Arctic Circle than the Equator we don't do to bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Was up in fairyhouse today at a point to point and it was cloudy and freezing, but it was dry so i didnt care, had the coat with me, and all was grand

Padster90s wrote: »
    We've a temperate oceanic climate that gives us changeable weather year round and a very small temperature range. Given we're far closer to the Arctic Circle than the Equator we don't do to bad!

Agree 100% with you so bearing that in mind we should have a little more perspective the next time we're promised coldest winter for 200 years or best summer for 300 years etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

very disappointing forecast for the week ahead avg daytime temp 8 c

ffs :(

Bit of a meh day today. A little bit of everything but noticeably colder tonight. Raw enough out. Is it Thursday and Friday wintry showers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

It's absolutely Baltic out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭alentejo

My birthday is around now and I can honestly say this is the coldest April I can remember. Seems it is definitely cooler than december-january. I am sure someone could confirm or qualify!

However, should not be surprised as el nino typically gives us a late spring (or cool spring). Here's hoping nature balances itself out in July-August

Lovely bright morning here today. Was out running earlier and it was very cold as cold as anything we had in winter except it's lovely and bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Aye, gorgeous morning here in Dublin 7 (no more locations on the new design boards so you have to mention this!) but I've yet to venture outside to see how windy it might be. That'll kinda determine how pleasant/unpleasant it'll feel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Lovely morning in North Kildare with an overnight low of -0.7c......Brrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Hail and snow flurries up here in Donegal, fed up of this weather, where were you in November when you were wanted!!!

Heavy graupel mix here in D2

• Registered Users Posts: 13,008 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Here in Dublin 1 we just had some Graupel mixed in with light rain. Nuts.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

bnt wrote: »
    Here in Dublin 1 we just had some Graupel mixed in with light rain. Nuts.

26th April late spring in Ireland.....

• Advertisement

Massive clouds over Dublin about half an hour ago:

yLVJQxT.jpg

Advertisement