Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

back to the same crap again today, hail showers here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Not a bad day at all in north meath, breezy, dry and sunny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

mate up the Wicklow mnts says its snowing :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

I had great hopes this morning. It feels so cold, I'm back in my winter gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Pangea wrote: »
    Impressive downpour here in Donegal at the moment, heaviest rain in a while. I think the poster above summed it up well 'monsoon like.'

Was woken up by pretty intense wind and rain about 3.30am this morn. Rainfall rate peaked at 57 mm/h around that time with 12.3 mm collected in the bucket this morning.

384912.PNG

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

SW winds in the next couple of days, could see first 20C of the year from here to Bray if there is any decent sun due to the local Wicklow mountain fohn effect..

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Sunday looks good, Met Eireann saying up to 21c and heavy showers!

"SUNDAY: A much drier day everywhere with spells of hazy sunshine. However localised heavy showers will break out, - the west and southwest most at risk. A milder day across all areas, possibly even warm, with highest temperatures of 15 to 20 or 21 degrees Celsius. Winds will be mainly light southeasterly. "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Sunday looks good, Met Eireann saying up to 21c and heavy showers!

"SUNDAY: A much drier day everywhere with spells of hazy sunshine. However localised heavy showers will break out, - the west and southwest most at risk. A milder day across all areas, possibly even warm, with highest temperatures of 15 to 20 or 21 degrees Celsius. Winds will be mainly light southeasterly. "

smiley-big.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

According to the BBC (their map), it looks like my area will have blue skies and up to 21c on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Any sign of the wind calming down anytime soon? Lovely weather, but the wind is a pain in the arse for cycling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Ryan Mac Sweeney

Cool and Cloudy in Cork today. I heard RTE weather saying that there could be thunder and lightning in the South and East later Friday and into Saturday and I also saw the map of it being 21C and sunny on Monday.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I see tabloids are jumping on the sensationalist 'Mini Irish Heatwave' headlines already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Finally some summer like warmth on the way this weekend and into next week by the looks of things! As usual the kinks are to be expected with some thundery rain possible coming up from the south.

I see tabloids are jumping on the sensationalist 'Mini Irish Heatwave' headlines already.

As expected :rolleyes:, no new stuff there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Ah say its not true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Monday looks the warmest day for most parts, especially inland away from the coasts.

VwAyKTL.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Monday looks the warmest day for most paarts, especailly inland away from the coasts.
    Good. Let's hope that means some clear skies for the Transit of Mercury.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Ah say its not true

Dont worry, it wont effect you, you'll still be soaked and freezing ;)

http://www.met.ie/climate/MonthlyWeather/clim-2016-Apr.pdf

It confirms here that April 11th was Dublin Airport's wettest April day on record.

Found yesterday to be very breezy if not windy and quite harsh. Threat of rain all day bit it didn't happen. Saturday looks pretty rubbish at this stage but hopefully Sunday will make up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,837 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Well the warmer weather came earlier than I expected, but it was welcome, it was a bit strange having dry lips from the cold so late in April.

Nice day here today. Sunny spells and warm not hot but warm. Nice and pleasant outdoors blossom on trees and swallows overhead. Id almost forgotten what a decent day was. Tomorrow being the weekend obviously looks bad but an improvement from Sunday and at least it will be warm.

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭ShiddyArze

Glorious day here in South West, Some dark clouds coming in just now but still a balmy 17c

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

clear blue skies here in Castlebar this evening , gotta be in the sunshine to feel warm though-currently 11 degrees. light variable wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Fair bit of rain on the way for the east tomorrow. Needed IMO considering the warm up to come afterwards.
    385292.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Yet another weekend with crap weather after a nice week, is someone scheduling the low pressures?

At least tomorrow looks ok.

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭ShiddyArze

Schizophrenic weather lads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Heat wave me arse. Had the shorts all out and ready.

Then i woke up.

Back in the wardrobe for another year with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Some of the forecasts this week couldn't be further from the truth.

• Advertisement

Some of the forecasts this week couldn't be further from the truth.

Today was planned to be a wet day days ago?

Advertisement