Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

4pm reports, knock 22 degrees with an easterly wind gusting 30knots... Hope the sun tan lotion is on!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Max of 24c earlier when the sun was out. Cloudy now and 21c in West Clare, quite amazing for May. Very clammy, feels like Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭weisses

100% cloud cover here in west Kerry all day with occasional rain

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

Overcast and spitting rain in Dublin last two hours or so. Rain amounts very small with most of it evaporating quickly

The normally baltic cold Carrickfinn (Donegal) airport had been reporting 25c for hours!

Quite unexpected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

A lot of rain here in west Cork. It's been quite a miserable day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Horrible afternoon in south Tipp temp 16 degrees raining on and off. Envious of the folk up in Donegal and Mayo but a lot of people around here wondering where the "heatwave" is. In fairness Me Eireann called this right for this part of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

glorious evening in north meath, was fairly breezy earlier with hazy sunshine, but its completely changed now, calm, warm and sun in a cloudless sky

Very heavy rain for the past hour here. Very dark and grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Topped out at 24.3C in Castlebar today, still hovering just below 20C at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Peeing down with some gusto right now in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Sitting out with a nice beer after a long walk in Nth Sligo! Still quite warm.

Tipping it down rain here all night really heavy. Glad some areas are getting the benefit of some good weather but this has been the worst 'mini heatwave' imaginable

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Max temp of 23.8 C at 15.32, another glorious day, could get used to this, currently 16.3 at 02.11 am, amazeballs lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Bsal

Nice to see Donegal airport reach 25c yesterday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Whilst Monday started off fine at grange, it turned out quite wet and Tuesday so far is atrocious. It is last May all over again!

My god misery is not the word for this morning! Horrible, an awful heavy drizzle and 13.1c.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

Really dissappointed with how wet the last couple of days have been in the south east- Sunday was glorious as forecast but where did all the torrential rain come out of? I thought the forecasts said warm and cloudy? Did I miss it altogether and read what I wanted to read? I dont remember such a north/south divide in the forecast at all? O well...at least its not freezing...Rant over, sorry...:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

rubbish wet day again, jumpers and coats back on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Really dissappointed with how wet the last couple of days have been in the south east- Sunday was glorious as forecast but where did all the torrential rain come out of? I thought the forecasts said warm and cloudy? Did I miss it altogether and read what I wanted to read? I dont remember such a north/south divide in the forecast at all? O well...at least its not freezing...Rant over, sorry...:rolleyes:

the crap weather was only meant to be the south coast according to the forecasts on Sunday but instead have covered most of the south and all of the east. Plenty of rain and cool conditions over the next week in the south-eastern half of the country. Donegal, Sligo and Mayo are the places to be between now and Sunday with much milder and dryer conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Hazy Sun coming out here in playa del mayo,nice and balmy.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

Gonzo wrote: »
    the crap weather was only meant to be the south coast according to the forecasts on Sunday but instead have covered most of the south and all of the east. Plenty of rain and cool conditions over the next week in the south-eastern half of the country. Donegal, Sligo and Mayo are the places to be between now and Sunday with much milder and dryer conditions.

Yeah that's right actually Gonzo thanks, it was the south coast that was to get the worse of the weather...oh well, goes to prove again its very difficult to correctly forecast the weather here on this isle of ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

From the pressure charts (why do they get posted so much less frequently on here outside of the winter months?) it seems like there was a front hanging around across the country and it was on a bit of a knife edge as to how far north it'd make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A very muggy day in Castlebar, currently 18.5C with spots of drizzle and 80% humidity.

You can probably guess what its like in South Tipp AGAIN today. Miserable damp dark weather. The amount if people I've met who have all mentioned this 'mini heatwave' is staggering. A lesson learned hopefully for some of them who rely on the Mail or the Mirror for their weather.

You can probably guess what its like in South Tipp AGAIN today. Miserable damp dark weather. The amount if people I've met who have all mentioned this 'mini heatwave' is staggering. A lesson learned hopefully for some of them who rely on the Mail or the Mirror for their weather.

Well, either that or read the actual forecasts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »
    rubbish wet day again, jumpers and coats back on.

Really?, my area of meath was cloudy, with a strong mild breeze, and spots of drizzle earlier, hardly coat weather, sunny and warm in a blue sky now.

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭ShiddyArze

Really?, my area of meath was cloudy, with a strong mild breeze, and spots of drizzle earlier, hardly coat weather, sunny and warm in a blue sky now.

Rain usually is the weather you'd wear a coat in..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Afternoon hazy sunshine gone now in Dublin. Another dose of rain on the way from the east!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

so where this hot weather they (M E) promised ? :mad:

cloudy wet and cold here in clare

Advertisement